British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tyke

Copenhagen Gp

Great GP for that normally horrible track of Parken.

Shame for the Brits!

But AJ is back!!

I'm ashamed that you are a Panthers fan!..what a load of crap!. Crumpy is one of the greatest rider the world has ever seen. He's consistently been at the top for years and he's having a bad patch like all champions. There's a select band of riders who have won it twice and he is one of them and that is not an accident. Check out his league form. Bet you still wearing your flyin ryan hat!. :lol:

:approve::D

I.M.O. it was a great GP to watch and well done the track staff for preparing just about the best temporary track ever.

The scoring system this year makes it a bit strange though that a rider (Adams) can get more points (18) than the guy who is declared the GP winner (Jonsson with 16) and a guy (Gollob) can get in the Final and score less points (11) than a guy who get knocked out in the semis (Andersen with 12).  Still can't decide whether its a good or bad thing or whether it happens in any other sport.

Tennis 6-0, 6-0, 4-6, 4-6, 4-6 you still lose after winning 24 games to 18. :(

I'm a little surprised that not a single person has mentioned the crowd yet and the insane booing of Jonsson after he took out Hans in the semis. Did they even talk about this on British tv? I was at the race and the place was absolutely electric in the last half hour. I have never heard buhs that loud before. At least everybody was behaving pretty well, I didn't see anybody getting even close to starting a fight even though there were a lot of tension in the crowd. The only time I thought they took it a little too far was when most people were still sitting down and booing and using their horns during the Swedish national anthem. I couldn't even hear the song. And unfortunately I saw a couple of Swedish kids while leaving the stadium who did not seem like they had had a good time at all.

And yes I was extremely upset and booing as well. Even after a three hour drive home I still had a lot of adrennalin rushing in my body. There is no doubt in my mind that Jonsson should have been excluded from the semi and that refs in general should use the option more often to stop a race and exclude a rider for a dirty move even if the other guy doesn't fall of. If Hans had crashed then Jonsson would have no doubt been excluded but he shouldn't be punnished for actually knowing how to control his bike. If that had been Holta getting hit he would have flewn off.

Edited by GoTigers

Interestingly, Hans Andersen DIDN'T think Jonsson should've been excluded - he said so on television. He wanted a re-run with all riders back, except Lindback, of course. And also said he hoped that Jonsson would go on and win the Grand Prix.

If that had been Holta getting hit he would have flewn off.

You're probably right there m8 lol

I'm a little surprised that not a single person has mentioned the crowd yet and the insane booing of Jonsson after he took out Hans in the semis.

'cause no one really cared about all those Danes booing! :)

'cause no one really cared about all those Danes booing!  :)

obviously :) but that still surprises me a little bit. I have discussed it a lot today with other people who were there and people who only watched it on tv and it seems like a lot of the Danes who werent there are embarrased by the way the crowd behaved. The tv commentators talked about it a lot too and thought that people should just shut up and enjoy the show. But I'm glad it doesn't seem to have offended the rest of the speedway nation, maybe except for a couple of Swedes.

Of course it was offending or embarrasing, especially during the Swedish anthem. But to be honest, we Poles are not much better in such situations :wink: so I resigned from writing any comments on Danish fans this time...

I've got so used to britishness at speedway (another big dose of this yesterday at the Derby match :P) that sometimes it just doesn't move me at all.

PS. Just read your location - was in Aarhus when I was 5 ('92)! - my first trip abroad :approve:

Edited by Mateusz

I can't believe i actually ran into you near the Nicki vip tent,my son heard the bike and said mumy mumy hury let's go over there it's nicki doing a show :P and just infront of us was a blue "backstraight boy"  glued to the fence looking at Nicki ;) ....

Was really nice to meet ya all,i hope you had a great time in Copenhagen, if you come back for next year's GP we would love to show you more of copenhagen than just the english pub and parken. ;)  :D

Will send you the photo's we took when i get them uploaded to the pc...

Hi Lis, we're back home from our terrific time in Denmark, thanks for seeing us back to the Cabinn, very kind of you. :D

That's the great thing about speedway fans, we do like to talk to each other!

As for the booing at AJ, there was no trouble (that I saw) afterwards, only humourus jibes, I reckon it'll soon blow over..............the Danes are too nice! In fact, a few of them were embarrassed about their fellow countrymen.

Not exactly a Nicky Pedersen fan, but I was happy to see his friendly gesture towards Jonsson afterwards...........in my mind that helped de-fuse a possible situation, top man!

I was very happy to see Nicki Pedersen back to his competitive ways.

His anger taken out on a barrier

and an eyeballing of Andersen for what was a cumbersome move by him.

Very good but some colour back in the GPs. As did most of the meeting, very competitive, no outright leader in the qualifying heats.

Im ashamed that you are a panthers fan!..what a load of crap!.Crumpy is one of the greatest rider the world has ever seen..Hes consistently been at the top for years and hes having a bad patch like all champions.theres a select band of riders who have won it twice and he is one of them and that is not an accident.check out his league form.Bet you still wearing your flyin ryan hat!. :lol:

Good morning Posh Panther. I'm sorry that I seem to have shamed all Peterborough fans by trying to express my extreme sadness that the current champion and former Panther is struggling and for some reason is being outridden by others who have previously been considered to be his inferiors. I agree that he is one of the greatest riders the world has ever seen and his league form is fine but for some reason he is at present unable to even make the podium. Prior to the Eskilstuna round he assured us all that everything had been put right and he was back on song but this was his worst result for quite some time. I'm sorry to go on but Jason really is my favourite rider and no one is sadder than I at the way it has gone thus far. Not sure what relevance your Flyin' Ryan hat remark is all about although Crump 99 seems to have found it amusing. Perhaps you would care to elaborate please.

I'm a little surprised that not a single person has mentioned the crowd yet and the insane booing of Jonsson after he took out Hans in the semis. Did they even talk about this on British tv? I was at the race and the place was absolutely electric in the last half hour. I have never heard buhs that loud before. At least everybody was behaving pretty well, I didn't see anybody getting even close to starting a fight even though there were a lot of tension in the crowd. The only time I thought they took it a little too far was when most people were still sitting down and booing and using their horns during the Swedish national anthem. I couldn't even hear the song. And unfortunately I saw a couple of Swedish kids while leaving the stadium who did not seem like they had had a good time at all.

And yes I was extremely upset and booing as well. Even after a three hour drive home I still had a lot of adrennalin rushing in my body. There is no doubt in my mind that Jonsson should have been excluded from the semi and that refs in general should use the option more often to stop a race and exclude a rider for a dirty move even if the other guy doesn't fall of. If Hans had crashed then Jonsson would have no doubt been excluded but he shouldn't be punnished for actually knowing how to control his bike. If that had been Holta getting hit he would have flewn off.

There is no way that Jonsson "took out Hans". As was said in the Sky studio, if you look at the footage it is clear to see that Hans was very keen on turning left out of the bend to try and prevent Jonsson coming through - this is something he is renowned for but it doesn't work when the rider is already alongside!

There is no way that Jonsson "took out Hans".  As was said in the Sky studio, if you look at the footage it is clear to see that Hans was very keen on turning left out of the bend to try and prevent Jonsson coming through - this is something he is renowned for but it doesn't work when the rider is already alongside!

His royal Hansness was only closing the door on the rider coming from behind as he tried to reach the final as he was cruelly denied in the first running of the race ,when that numpty Lindback fell off to give his fellow Swede another chance .

All this after being confronted by a mad skinhead, with cloven hoofs and a 666 tattoo, in the pits while minding his own business .

Guest Jacques
His royal Hansness was only closing the door on the rider coming from behind as he tried to reach the final as he was cruelly denied in the first running of the race ,when that numpty Lindback fell off to give his fellow Swede another chance .

All this after being confronted by a mad skinhead, with cloven hoofs and a 666 tattoo, in the pits while minding his own business .

:lol: very good