British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tyke

Copenhagen Gp

when that numpty Lindback fell off to give his fellow Swede another chance .

I thought Jonsson was 2nd at the time Lindback fell off, so would have been through anyway? (Might be wrong though) All the same, had to smile about the Nicki description!

I can't believe i actually ran into you near the Nicki vip tent,my son heard the bike and said mumy mumy hury let's go over there it's nicki doing a show :P and just infront of us was a blue "backstraight boy"  glued to the fence looking at Nicki ;) ....

Was really nice to meet ya all,i hope you had a great time in Copenhagen, if you come back for next year's GP we would love to show you more of copenhagen than just the english pub and parken. ;)  :D

Will send you the photo's we took when i get them uploaded to the pc...

Hi Lis,

as spooky says, thanks so very much to yourself and your son for helping us find our way back to Tivoli Gardens, i'm sure we would have made it anyway but you just made it so much easier, and for showing such great friendship to a bunch of strangers, typical of all the Danish people we met really, and again as Spooky says, thats speedway fans for you.

Hope your son is still flying the St George flag we gave him.

Anyway, take care and who knows we may meet again.

Geoff

His royal Hansness was only closing the door on the rider coming from behind as he tried to reach the final as he was cruelly denied in the first running of the race ,when that numpty Lindback fell off to give his fellow Swede another chance .

All this after being confronted by a mad skinhead, with cloven hoofs and a 666 tattoo, in the pits while minding his own business .

Remind me how much did you stand to win IF Hans had won the GP on saturday?

Hell hath no fury like a Scotsman denied a few quid. :rolleyes:

Well done to AJ and Nicki. :approve:

Remind me how much did you stand to win IF Hans had won the GP on saturday?

Hell hath no fury like a Scotsman denied a few quid.  :rolleyes:

Well done to AJ and Nicki.  :approve:

That's between me and that jammy bugger Hill . But he better not get too comfy as all losses are only a loan till Cardiff . :approve:

That's between me and that jammy bugger Hill . But he better not get too comfy as all losses are only a loan till Cardiff .  :approve:

Just make sure you pick a winner this time and not sulky bollox.

Edited by Blazeaway

right happy nickis top of the world and adams is 2nd hope it stays like that for the season

go nicki!!!!

All this after being confronted by a mad skinhead, with cloven hoofs and a 666 tattoo, in the pits while minding his own business .

Duncan Ferguson! :o What was he doing there? :unsure:

Good morning Posh Panther. I'm sorry that I seem to have shamed all Peterborough fans by trying to express my extreme sadness that the current champion and former Panther is struggling and for some reason is being outridden by others who have previously been considered to be his inferiors. I agree that he is one of the greatest riders the world has ever seen and his league form is fine but for some reason he is at present unable to even make the podium. Prior to the Eskilstuna round he assured us all that everything had been put right and he was back on song but this was his worst result for quite some time. I'm sorry to go on but Jason really is my favourite rider and no one is sadder than I at the way it has gone thus far. Not sure what relevance your Flyin' Ryan hat remark is all about although Crump 99 seems to have found it amusing. Perhaps you would care to elaborate please.

Well you soon changed your tune..are you the same person who wrote the last post under this name!?

Well you soon changed your tune..are you the same person who wrote the last post under this name!?

In my original post I was commenting on how it is currently and not generally or based on past achievements. We'll just have to accept whatever happens now and enjoy. :lol:

Edited by barrow boy

Was a very good gp on sat lest hope its the same for Cardiff, especially now us Aces fans have a rider to cheer on. Well done to AJ, how funny was it that hans went out.

Was a very good gp on sat lest hope its the same for Cardiff, especially now us Aces fans have a rider to cheer on. Well done to AJ, how funny was it that hans went out.

Erm it wasn't funny at all the peoples champion was so cruelly robbed of his home country's GP . It was a travesty of justice in fact , but fear not His Royal Hansness will put that injustice to right in front of an adoring audience at the Millennium Stadium on June 30th and re-claim the mantle as the Champion elect .

My dad taped the GP for me as I was in Belfast on a Stag Doo this weekend, my partner and the DVD recorder are not on good terms.

Nicki Pedersen is one lucky fella, is all I can say. He owe's Lindback a pint or four. Loved the way Gollob let the ref know he touched the tapes in his first ride, Sportsmanship at its best.

Gutted for Andersen (a rider I don't generally like). Harris was unlucky, I don't tend to look on Brits with rose tinted specs like some folks. He'd have made the semi I reckon without the EF, Bjerre & the "GP Chicane" Bjarne he'd have beaten in that heat then the luck of the draw was against him with the three experienced GP gentlemen inside him: Crump, Hancock & Adams. Could there be a worse time to be off gate 4? At least if a Jonsson, N Pedersen, Andersen, Lindback, Nicholls or Gollob are near the inside they'll cause some havoc in the first turn.

Gutted for Adams too, looked the class of the field.

Well I've just returned from Denmark after watching the GP on Saturday and then spending a lovely few days wandering around Copenhagen. Apart from the GP, a wonderful time was had but there's no way I'll be going to another Danish GP.

We were sat amongst the Danish fans and there were some very friendly people around us however this is the first ever speedway meeting I've been to (in some 27'ish years) that I've seen any violence. There was a fight between Danish fans where we were sitting and one steward trying to control it - other fans tried to intervene to calm things down but only ended up aggravating the situation. It was resolved eventually - no thanks to the lack of stewards at the stadium but as I'm a cowardy custard (and a ladeeee!) it really did ruin the meeting for me.

Once AJ won, myself and my mate decided to beat a hasty retreat as we could really see things kicking off so we left as soon as the final heat was finished. On our way out we saw a chap being led away with blood pouring down his face.

I've always been proud of the fact that speedway doesn't have violence amongst fans and it is a family sport - I was so disappointed to see this on Saturday night and I really think the alcohol had a very large part to play in it. Having said that, I've been to the last 2 GP's in Wroclaw, where lots of beer is drunk, and it's been fantastic with a wonderful atmosphere. I'm not sure what the problem is but the Poles seem to accept it if their riders aren't doing too well whereas the Danes didn't seem to like it at all.

Sad to say but that's the Danish GP crossed off my speedway calendar now. :(