British Speedway Forum

perhaps next year we can have a welsh GP at cardiff and an english one at KL to complete the set

surely that would be the Beirut GP? :unsure::wink:

Seeing as both are quite high in the averages I wouls both are likely to be there...

btw is this meeting on Sky?

No need to take the Lord's name in vain Trees, just plain Nicki will do.

:lol: OK but one or two rules before he turns another wheel at Lynn, no racing mistakes, no wiping his armpits and then his nose with the same cloth and he has to leave the hairdryer at home :lol:

surely that would be the Beirut GP? :unsure:  :wink:

or have the Scotish one at the home of Jock Speedway.....in the capital

BERWICK!! :D

What collocks! I was looking forward to the Elite around Sheff.

Even more criminal is that it will now be staged at King's Lynn.

So what about Workington or Glasgow or Isle Of Wight.......

What collocks! I was looking forward to the Elite around Sheff.

Even more criminal is that it will now be staged at King's Lynn.

So what about Workington or Glasgow or Isle Of Wight.......

they're not run by the chipmunks!

Strange decision but enjoy it while you can. The way speedway is being run at the moment the Elite League will cease to exist in its present format, Oxford, financial losses at Reading just two examples. The whole heirachy in Speedway are contantly shooting themselves in the foot. Paying public are becoming increasingly fustrated, and i wonder how long it will be before SKY pull the plug and just concentrate on the GP's. Please somebody come and save our sport.

Was looking forward to my trip to Sheffield :(

IS the date still the same? If so to get to Lynn midweek will be a real pain.

hmmm this stinks somewhat to me, Very bad PR and somwhat convenient that it's now being switched to KL. Seems JC is the golden boy at present and can do no wrong.

Sheffield was an ideal venue, centrally located and a good track. The last time the ELRDC was held their it was awesome.

Well thats three people who were going who now won't be. Two of them are floaters who used to go regularly in the late 70's and 80's. I'd done a good PR exercise convincing them that watching Elite League riders at Sheffield would be a fab night, and they were looking forward to it.

Why does any speedway supporter think that the promoters will think of the fans, havnt seen any offer of a refund to people who have bought tickets for sheffield who cant / wont go to KL either.

Very dissapointed by this, sheffields for the worlds best and what a shame this has happened. Id like to know the reasons for this, i think the chapmans are good promoters, but surely they just cant say change it. :unsure:

Dissapointed as owlerton is for the worlds best, wonder the reasons behind this. :neutral:

Judging by recent incidents and comments, I think Sheffields' fence is a bit more forgiving than Kings Lynns' !

I hope that Sheffield are compensated adequately for having this top fixture taken away from them. I suggest that whatever amount Sheffield would have gained financially should be awarded pro-rata as it has been on the fixture list for half the season.

Now can we have the PLRC back at Sheffield please !

The last time the ELRDC was held their it was awesome.

I'd agree with that!

What's the deal with the airfence then, IF this is the reason for Sheffield not staging it?