British Speedway Forum

Just taken from www.british-speedway.co.uk ......

Kings Lynn will host the prestigious Elite League Riders' Chamionship - after organsiers switched the event from Sheffield.

The World's top stars will now do battle at the Norfolk Arena as part of the Super &even series on the same date, August 30.

British Speedway Promotors' Assocaition Chairman Peter Toogood said, "The meeting has had to be moved from Sheffield because of technical reasons. Both the BSPA and Sheffield will offer no further comment on the matter."

Has anyone got any ideas what the 'technical reasons' are?

Reason given is "technical reasons", whatever that means.

It will now be held at King's Lynn. Date remains 30th August.

Official statement on British Speedway website.

Interesting :blink:

Reason given is "technical reasons", whatever that means.

It will now be held at King's Lynn. Date remains 30th August.

Official statement on British Speedway website.

Interesting  :blink:

Very interesting . What " technical reasons " has taken it away from Sheffield i wonder .

Will probably be something to do with SKY and camera points like the Crane.

Random thought but could it be because Sheffield are staging the Garry Stead benefit meeting the week before. If that is the reason, well done to everyone involved cos 2 individual meetings in 2 weeks would probably mean smaller crowds for one or both and I'm sure everyone wants as many people as possible thro the gates on August 23rd.

air fence for definate and the continuing feud/power struggle between the chapmans and neil machin.this has been rumbling from the start of the season.from what i'm led to believe the original 'contract' between the BSPA and sheffield (to hold the ELRC) does NOT mention that an air fence has to be used!however the goalposts have now been moved and so has the meeting.another JC cock-up!this season has been a catastrophe and is sapping my enthusiasm for the sport.it's run by a self interested bunch of megolamaniacs that will kill OUR sport if they carry on this way.

Edited by The SAINT

Good news for all us 6 fingered lot over here in Narfolk. ...... bring on the Danes. :D

Its good that Johno Chapman is getting some rewards for all his efforts with the Super7seven this year. Maybe he could get his old m8 Gazza along to present the trophy's :D

Good news for all us 6 fingered lot over here in  Narfolk. ...... bring on the Danes. :D

Of course!! Well the Main One anyways. :P:approve:

bring on the Danes

Oh my christ ..................... BRING ON THE BRITS AND AUSSIES!!

Oh my christ ..................... BRING ON THE BRITS AND AUSSIES!!

The Brits, dont you mean BRIT, will it be Nicolls or Harris ?

well yet another change with no real reason given, funny how its switched to Mr Chapmans own track as well, not bad being in charge of the super sevens and hosting two of the events.

perhaps next year we can hold all 7 at KL and we could have a welsh GP at cardiff and an english one at KL to complete the set

Edited by The Third Man