British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lanzilla

Danish Riders have their say!!!

You Know! You Know! You Know! You Know! You Know! You Know! You Know! You Know! You Know! You Know! You Know!

You Know! You Know! You Know! You Know! You Know! You Know!You Know! You Know! You Know! You Know!!!!!! :lol::P:shock::D

would be interesting to hear your interview in Danish!!

Just to reassure the humourless among my fellow posters-and thankfully there are only a few-I am only having a giggle at the amount of times the Danes say 'You Know' during an interview.

The fact that any non English speaking Countries can grasp our language as well as they do is amazing,although i suppose it is in their interest to learn our language and not quite so important for us to learn theirs.

I wonder when they are learning English if - 'You Know'- is drummed into them, or is it something that creeps in along the way???

It's amazing on this forum that when you try to have a harmless bit of fun that one or two get stroppy Knickers about it.

Perhaps Stevehone - Your signature should read..........The thing i miss most is my sense of humour!! :D:D:D:D

Just to reassure the humourless among my fellow posters-and thankfully there are only a few-I am only having a giggle at the amount of times the Danes say 'You Know' during an interview.

The fact that any non English speaking Countries can grasp our language as well as they do is amazing,although i suppose it is in their interest to learn our language and not quite so important for us to learn theirs.

I wonder when they are learning English,if 'You Know' is drummed into them or is it something that creeps in along the way???

It's amazing on this forum that when you try to have a harmless bit of fun that one or two get stroppy Knickers about it.

Perhaps Stevehone - Your signature should read..........The thing i miss most is my sense of humour!! :D:D:D:D

Well i thought it was funny if it's any consolation :D

Well i

I thought it was funny too English Rose. Whoever taught them to say "You know" in every sentence wants shooting. So does the person who told Hans Andersen "F**k" was an every day English word to use. :D

I have nothing but admiration for anyone that can learn a language other than their native tongue, after 5 years my French teacher had a nervous breakdown (truthfully tho I don't think I was the sole cause :D ) but I found ERs post extremely amusing. Just a shame she couldn't have signified the speed of their speech as well :P

and not quite so important for us to learn theirs.

Why not?

The original post was a 'bit funny' but the explanation and logic behind it was a off the mark. When your learning another language you tend to pick up phrases that you often repeat a lot as you cannot remember the words to say what you actually want to say, you know?

So what was Peter Beardsley's excuse then DD???

He's English and every time he was interviewed, or a panelist on tv he said -'To be fair'- about a zillion times. :D:D:D:D

So what was Peter Beardsley's excuse then DD???

He's English and every time he was interviewed, or a panelist on tv he said -'To be fair'- about a zillion times. :D:D:D:D

And I don't know if anyone's ever heard Wayne Carter interviewed?! He uses the 'you know' thing even more than the Danes did last night!!!

Mind you, coming from Halifax, English probably isn't his first language either!!! :shock:;) :twisted: :P:P:P:D

English Rose:

No need to explain the humor behind your post ~ I'm danish and i found it really funny :D

Most of the danish riders say 'You know' a lot... It must be something that creeps up on them when they live in Britain :) ...dont know...but it's hilarious to listen to...especially Hans does it a lot...

Leigh Adams is another with limited vocab in his interviews.....How many times does he say "lets see what happens" in EVERY interview he does!

One of his ones tonight he said it twice that i noticed! :)

The Danes are the best in interviews!!!

Not dissing them(i'd love to be able to speak danish) but the grammer and word order is sometimes hilarious! "You know" is a favourite of alot of riders..............Hans Andersen has to be the best for over using it though.........Closely followed by Nicki Pedersen! :D

Whoever taught them to say "I know" in every sentence wants shooting.

Perhaps they had Andy sorry Andrew Cole (Footballer so they say ;) ) to teach them :)