British Speedway Forum
paul.f.

Line Ups For G.p. Qualifiers

Why not?

He's never ever, not ever, that's to say never, going to be good enough. But he might yet sneak into the GPs due to his nationality.

Another shocking performance from Stead on the World Stage, to finish behind the likes of Judas D and Nieminen is embarrassing.

Vastly overrated, just isn't going to cut it at the top level. EL 2nd Heat Leader at best.

As Orion says, "The worst Number 1 since Mistletoe And Wine!"

2nd meeting back, tough ask of Simon.

Don't give up on him yet.

Already given up on him the only hope for him is to get away from the graveyard of speedway at belle vue and come down south .

Sorry to see both Brits going out. Neither were going to get through. Stead would have struggled anyway regardless of his injury and Allen had no chance.

What is frustrating is that Kennett didn't bother, but on his form would have sailed through to the semis in the round he was meant to be in. Don't understand whey he didn't bother. If he failed he could have put it down to experience for next time.

Sorry to see both Brits going out. Neither were going to get through. Stead would have struggled anyway regardless of his injury and Allen had no chance.

What is frustrating is that Kennett didn't bother, but on his form would have sailed through to the semis in the round he was meant to be in. Don't understand whey he didn't bother. If he failed he could have put it down to experience for next time.

From my understanding it was because of the swindon meeting he was booked for on the sunday .

He needs to keep them sweet for next year :wink:

Steady will be back next year, at Belle Vue and in the World Championships - it was a tough ask for him to qualify this time, coming so close after an injury. Nice to see comments of support from fellow forumites. :rolleyes:

Steady will be back next year, at Belle Vue and in the World Championships - it was a tough ask for him to qualify this time, coming so close after an injury. Nice to see comments of support from fellow forumites. :rolleyes:

Why do you want us to lie ? :rolleyes:

Why do you want us to lie ?  :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. Steady will be disappointed that he went out, and hand on heart as an Aces fan, I believe Simon will struggle at World Level. I see him being a good second or third heat leader at EL level.

Some people just seem to enjoy putting the boot in, that's all.

Share your frustration with his decision. Surely it would have been of benefit if only for the experience.

Having said that I can see a scenario where, if Kennett gets a rostrum place in the Under 21 Final, and Nicholls fails to kick on from his encouraging performance in Cardiff then Kennett may get a nomination for the Gp's next year. His failure to attempt to qualify will probably go against him though.

Share your frustration with his decision. Surely it would have been of benefit if only for the experience.

Having said that I can see a scenario where, if Kennett gets a rostrum place in the Under 21 Final, and Nicholls fails to kick on from his encouraging performance in Cardiff then Kennett may get a nomination for the Gp's next year. His failure to attempt to qualify will probably go against him though.

I think it would be a popular decision if Kennett got the GP nod next year. If Scott doesn't qualify, I think a years sabbatical would do him good. He looks all out on his feet at the mo, and at Cardiff his riding at times seemed desperate.

does anyone know at what time the semi draws are supposed to be made?

No, but it will have to be quick.

Otherwise the most important people at Lonigo and Ljubljana - all the FIM freeloaders - won't be able to book their travel in time.

Edit - Apologies, the above should have referred to the riders.

Freudian slip.

Edited by TwoMinuteWarning