British Speedway Forum
eric i

German Gp Any One Going

Thinking of going to the German GP just wondered if any one else is going and how they are getting there.

Yes there seems to be quite a few people going off here as its so cheap to get to.

You can fly to Dusseldorf or Dortmund both not far from Gelsenkirchen, lots of budget airlines fly there.

Have a look here http://www.skyscanner.net very good website for finding the cheapest flights.

We are flying from Luton to Dusseldorf with Air Berlin, got it for £42 each.

Thinking of taking a ferrie across from Hull to Rotterdam then getting a train there. Ferrie tickets are about £70 return and that includes a cabin for 2 nights. Train tickets are about £25 return and I think I am going to get the £30 tickets for the stadium, so in total £125.

Yep - car full driving across from here!! :D Leaving just enough room for duty free :D:D

(if 21st sits on the rof on the return journey!!)

does anyone know how far weeze airport is from the stadium and how much a taxi is likely to cost as we are looking at flying out on the saturday morning??

does anyone know how far weeze airport is from the stadium and how much a taxi is likely to cost as we are looking at flying out on the saturday morning??

Weeze is 1hour car journey away from the stadium. 80km approximately.

It is to the west of Essen, so it is some distance. Maybe worth re-thinking that idea.

But I dont know how expensive taxi's are.

Edited by Sandie

Thinking of going to the German GP just wondered if any one else is going and how they are getting there.

There is a full coach load of us coming from Ipswich :lol:

Yep, flying from bmth, hire car to hotel opposite track, should be fun. :rolleyes:

Might be going on the train all the way....

If we decide to go.

Eurostar to Brussels, then ICE (or Thalys if necessary) to Cologne then a local train. Probably about 90 return if booked enough in advance and much less stessful than flying.

But thats if we go.........

There is a full coach load of us coming from Ipswich :lol:

We are not all from Ipswich though! :wink:

Yer - and the kids are going along too I heard!!!!!

Just look at the lot your going with then! :P:D