British Speedway Forum

The first meeting at vojens is going to be very tighty especially with Australia maybe being the dark horse Denmark should win but the aussies will give them one hell of a showing the poles i dont think will be able 2 consistently keep up with the danes and the aussies!

The aussie team

1. Leigh Adams Captain

2. Ryan Sullivan (who is in good form of late)

3. Rory Schlien

4. Jason Crump

5. is a toss up between Adams Shields, Davey Watt, Chris Holder and Travis McGowan.

IMO its really a shame that they went with taking out Holta when Poland has such many  other good  riders like Jagus, Zabik, Kolodziej, Ulamek although the latter has been showing up a poor form.

If I were the Swedish coach i would nominate this team:

1. A Jonsson

2. F. Lindgren

3. J. Davidsson

4. A.Lindbäck

5. T. H. Jonasson

it wouldn't be a team for winning but a team for the future. I think that PK is a good rider but i think its time for him to step down and gice room for someone younger.

Yes i agree.In fact i think this years top 3 teams will be at Vojens.That's how tough a meeting it is.Like i said,just wish that Russia would have been in this one as well as one or two of their riders could have caused a few upsets.Not sure any of the Finns will.Even Joonas is not going that well after his injury

The first meeting at vojens is going to be very tighty especially with Australia maybe being the dark horse Denmark should win but the aussies will give them one hell of a showing the poles i dont think will be able 2 consistently keep up with the danes and the aussies!

The aussie team

1. Leigh Adams Captain

3. Rory Schlein

4. Jason Crump

5. is a toss up between Adams Shields, Davey Watt, Chris Holder and Travis McGowan.

How about Troy Batchelor is he still Injured or is he not considered to be good enough?

It will be tough for the Aussies but Adams, Sullivan and Schlein has been riding very well lately but its the no5 spot that is the weakness of this team.

Not sure any of the Finns will.Even Joonas is not going that well after his injury

I wonder whats going on with Joonas... At the moment he's riding like Laukkanen, great today and poor the next. I discussed this with someone and a point was made that now that the new avg's are in in Elite league I could expect him to score well again. Same goes for his riding in Sweden, he's been hitting the Laukkanen figures for a month now and even though they've had tight matches he's been allowed to take his four rides anyway with 010 or similar from the first three. Go figure :blink:

Finland will be slaughtered in Vojens. :approve:

I wonder whats going on with Joonas... At the moment he's riding like Laukkanen, great today and poor the next. I discussed this with someone and a point was made that now that the new avg's are in in Elite league I could expect him to score well again. Same goes for his riding in Sweden, he's been hitting the Laukkanen figures for a month now and even though they've had tight matches he's been allowed to take his four rides anyway with 010 or similar from the first three. Go figure  :blink:

Finland will be slaughtered in Vojens. :approve:

The thing that really surprised me was his performance in the Longtrack GP.I had him down as the favourite for the title,now Barth has retired.That was a real dissapointment.I was hoping that a non-German would win this year.And i heard an interview with Robert on the Tele and he was hoping for the same.He tipped either Joonas or Theo Pijper

Batchelor is not ready to make the step up yet.

The meeting in Vojens should be a cracker and it will be interesting to see if the Danes start slowly as sometimes thwey are prone to do. Howeverr Vojens will be very suited for them so who knows.

I cant wait to go to Brandon.

The Danish Team :

Nicki Pedersen

Hans Andersen

Kenneth Bjerre

Niels Kristian Iversen

Bjarne Pedersen

Reserve

Jesper B Jensen

Is this offical??

What a team can anybody bet them.

I think not.

Is this offical??

What a team can anybody bet them.

I think not.

Sure i think the polish team is just as strong and the Swedish and Aussie team is only slightly weaker.

The aussie team

1. Leigh Adams Captain

3. Rory Schlien

4. Jason Crump

Pretty good guess! From the Bournemouth Echo website

Australia boss Craig Boyce has confirmed their top five of Jason Crump, Chris Holder, Ryan Sullivan, Rory Schlein and Leigh Adams for next month's World Team Cup. Davey Watt is reserve

Pretty good guess! From the Bournemouth Echo website

Australia boss Craig Boyce has confirmed their top five of Jason Crump, Chris Holder, Ryan Sullivan, Rory Schlein and Leigh Adams for next month's World Team Cup. Davey Watt is reserve

I am totally gobsmacked here that Adam Shields is not in the team!

What on earth has he done to upset Boycey? :angry:

I am totally gobsmacked here that Adam Shields is not in the team!

What on earth has he done to upset Boycey?  :angry:

No-one's upset anyone, there's only so many places in the team - I should imagine the top 4 picked themselves so it came down to a Coin-toss between Adam and Davey for the reserve spot while Noddy got in at 5 on the strength of his showings in the Ozchamps, the Under-21s World Cup and the SGP qualifiers.

Just seen the GB team in a Dorset newspaper (whether it;s correct or not a different matter(

Nicholls

Harris

Rico

Stead

Kennett

Reserve - Howe

Bit of bias here I think, Kennett is very poor at Coventry and has yet to have a good meeting there, whereas Howe has always ridden the track very well. Wrong decision in my opinion.