British Speedway Forum

Can't find much news on how many tickets have been sold for tomorrow,

I have a feeling the attendance will be down on the last few years, especially with poor weather forecast.

Thoughts?

Definitely down. I know of a fair number from Swindon alone who are giving it a miss this year. Novelty value has worn thin

Going to be the worst attemdance for sure and with the weather l being foul i am glad i am not going .

dont think the weathers got much to do with it

most have brought there tickets months in advance

dont think the weathers got much to do with it

most have brought there tickets months in advance

Never said it would :rolleyes: just said i am glad i am not going because its going to rain all day :rolleyes:

With the weather going to be dire, I have decided to head into the stadium when it first opens to watch the youngsters race.

It's OK when the weather is fine, but being couped up in a packed out pub gets pretty boring.

It seems to me reading the forum that there are quite a lot of people paying their first visit to Cardiff this year, so they will counteract all those not going who normally do. I reckon the attendance will be about the same as 2006.

I doubt if the weather will have anything to do with it but it definitely won't be the same walking round in the rain when we normally have glorious sunshine. :sad:

It seems to me reading the forum that there are quite a lot of people paying their first visit to Cardiff this year, so they will counteract all those not going who normally do.  I reckon the attendance will be about the same as 2006.

I doubt if the weather will have anything to do with it but it definitely won't be the same walking round in the rain when we normally have glorious sunshine.  :sad:

That depends on the number of Poles what turn up = last year there was loads whether this was down to some of them working here or Gollob's decent start to last GP season. we'll see tomorrow.

I reember the first cardiff GP and there were only a handful of Poles there. Now that there are so many of them over here is will be interesting to see just how many turn up tomorrow.

Looks like the attendance may be down from reading forum posts but there will be lots of new people going up from cornwall to cheer on chris. Its my 7 year old sons first ever live meeting and im even giving one of my elderly neighbours a lift up , he hasnt been for 20 odd years apparently so I hope they both enjoy it.

Giving it a miss this year due to becoming a Father again in May. Gutted I'm not going though.

The attendance will be 40,000 whether there are less people attending Cardiff than last year ............BSI attendance figures :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Having been to Poland last year for bydgoszcz , I personally feel that the novelty factor at Cardiff is starting to wear off.

Edited by Hackett

The eternal law of diminishing returns is starting to kick in - more a social event than a speedway meeting these days.

Well, Rabbit has changed her mind and is going now so make that 40,001. :D