British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
womble53

Premier League Pairs Traffic

Time 14:20hrs

For anyone travelling to the Pairs from the Exeter/Devon area & beyond. The M5 is currently queued up on the Northbound carriageway from just north of Taunton, back to at least the Wellington junction, and beyond. I don't know how far it goes back as I came off at Wellington on my way home.............the queue is probably over 10 miles long :(

So if you can, think about another route.........A303 maybe. Obviously all the 'A Roads' in the Taunton area are very congested

Dave Thompson

Edited by womble53

Have had just a text from BobC advising of an accident between Jct22 and 23 Southbound this time (caravan has turned over). Apparently traffic already at a standstill close to the track.

Obviously too late for most people travelling but might help others not quite that close to take an earlier exit if people can get a text to them.

Had a text at 17.34 saying junction 22 was closed.

Just had a call from Peregrinner who has just arrived at the track after leaving Exeter at 4-It has taken them 2 and a half hours on what is normally less than an hour.

He said the traffic on the motorway is totally at stand still ,but as he was about to hang up he said it had just started moving very slowly again although I bet the queues are for miles. :(

Edit BBC somerset update.

M5 Somerset - Road re-opened southbound between J22, Burnham-On-Sea and J23, Bridgwater North.

Last updated: 29th June 2007 at 18:00

M5 Somerset - Earlier accident northbound between J22, Burnham-On-Sea and J21, Weston-Super-Mare, stop-start traffic.

Last updated: 29th June 2007 at 18:10

Edited by Nevs

Nevs ..................ask him does he fancy doin a bit of texting.........theres NO live updates !!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah he will do it-just got to get hold of fozzie now to pass his number onto Nigel -(Peregrinner)

My worst fears realised about the traffic and getting to this meeting. Hope everyone trying to get there does - at least it's a delayed start now for those stuck intraffic. Just love that M5 :blink:

My worst fears realised about the traffic and getting to this meeting. Hope everyone trying to get there does - at least it's a delayed start now for those stuck intraffic. Just love that M5  :blink:

How long did they delay it? When we got in at 8 they were upto heat 5, then we had to queue to get in!

Meeting was delayed til 7.45pm , due to major traffic/ accidents problems and at 1 time the amblance at the track was taken to help out .

I feel really sorry for the fans stuck in the jams it was the friday afternoon from hell and must have been pretty bad as the air ambalance was used on the crash north bound on the m5.

Then an accident on the road by the track which was closed by the police and still had 5 riders trying to get to the track .

To be honest you did not miss much in the five heats run and then the track really came alive and some cracking racing

How long did they delay it?  When we got in at 8 they were upto heat 5, then we had to queue to get in!

They put the start back to 7:45 Shawn, couldn't leave it any longer due to the curfew @ 10:00pm.

You obviously arrived in the rush of people who got there as the traffic started to flow again. It wouldn't have been as bad if the Police hadn't have closed the road between the two rounabouts either side of the stadium, because of an accident just up the road by the big roundabout.

They wouldn't let people through to the arena & were sending people through Burnham, and when they got to the other end, they wouldn't let them through there either. :angry: That was until Mike Golding went and pointed out the error of there ways :D

Edited by womble53

They put the start back to 7:45 Shawn, couldn't leave it any longer due to the curfew @ 10:00pm.

I hope it doesnt soudn like I was complaining because just this once, I wasn't! I thought they handled it well, as I said, we got tot he stadium and they seemd to be moving at a slowish pace and then form about heta 10 picked up the pace and it went well. IMO, it was handled perfectly.

and I'm sorry, I fail to believe the first 5 heat were not good, maybe not good by Somerset standards but that still good :D

I fail to believe the first 5 heat were not good, maybe not good by Somerset standards but that still good :D

Sounds like a fun discussion--POW 2pm chaps next to the wheelie bins outside on the patio--dont start without me.--Must see this and Craig is well excited as well about it and doesnt even know its gonna happen yet as he is in bed--hilight of the day

As Mrs Merton would say- "Lets have a lively debate".

Cya later today Dave and Shawn :P

As Mrs Merton would say- "Lets have a lively debate".

As long as there plenty of us there and it's a mass debated, I'm happy.

I hope it doesnt soudn like I was complaining

Perish the thought :P:lol:

Just to put things into perspective, there were five separate accidents on the roads around the area yesterday evening and 15 people were taken to hospital. The full story HERE

Just goes to show how thick police are when it comes to sorting traffic problems :blink:

Wish i'd had access to a computer and saw this on Friday afternoon . There was even a couple on our supporters coach who never went in to the meeting as they were just so fed up and weren't paying £15 for 3/4 s of a meeting . A bit extreme maybe , but it was a trying experience .

Not Somersets fault i know , but it did spoil the night ( well that and Jason bloody Bunyan :rolleyes: )