British Speedway Forum

It's not - hence why many people like me will have both on DVD. The official DVD shows some great insights into the event (will the boxset did) and different camera angles and replays.

Oh, cheers. Thanks for that.

Looks like I will be ordering one then!! :)

Does anyone know if the DVD available by pre-order from Speedwayworld.tv will be the coverage from Sky?

I assume it will be.

Almost certainly not. It was probably be an "official" one. I have a copy of the official DVD of the 2005 Cardiff GP. You will get the same pictures from the racing and the "official" interviews that are shown on the screen in the stadium.

Based on what I have from 2005, you probably won't get the Greening stuff or the in-studio chat with Loram, Hamill and Ermolenko, but their own seperate interviews. You'll also get different commentry. The 2005 one has Dave Lanning and Kelvin Tatum and sounds very much as if it has been added later and lacks something because of it.

Personally I think the Sky coverage is much better.

On a side note, What a great piece of symmetry for Axeman, 10 years ago it was him standing on top of the Podium, and 10 years on it is his protege Bomber winning the British G.P. Such a shame that his career was ended prematurely, but great to see him still amongst the top in his field!

What    what    what  ??

Women, orgasms ???  - when did this start happening then ??  :wink:  :wink:

I just cant keep up with modern times - I blame the termination of rationing, - women wouldnt have orgasms if we still had powdered egg !!

I reckon it's something to do with global warming myself! :)

My missus goes like a steam train when it's above 80 deg. farenheit, and by God it was hot in the stadium on Saturday night! :P:P

On a side note, What a great piece of symmetry for Axeman, 10 years ago it was him standing on top of the Podium, and 10 years on it is his protege Bomber winning the British G.P. Such a shame that his career was ended prematurely, but great to see him still amongst the top in his field!

Agreed. Brian rarely gets mentioned and he clearly does so much for Bomber - he looked so so happy when Bomber crossed the line.

Haven't commented yet but I'm pretty sure that anything I'd have to say has already been said but

Chris Harris

Take a bow son!

Absolutely superb :approve:

Does anyone know if the DVD available by pre-order from Speedwayworld.tv will be the coverage from Sky?

I assume it will be.

It won't be Sky.

It's usually the syndicated version that channel four used to broadcast. Certainly the (superb) annual box set contained all the same logos and graphics.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Fantastic I hope it give British speedway and the fans the boost it seems to need.

What a great ride from Bomber flat out.

As BFD would say he must have balls the size of bowling balls LOL

Well done.

What a fantastic win . Took four mates (well blokes in there 40's) who had never been to speedway before ,they loved it.

Best bit was my mate after bomber has gone thru the semi tring to high five everyone around us, was a little peeved that these polish blokes by us wouldnt ???

I was Peeing myself and had to tell him that he'd just knocked Hampel their favourite out !!!! Priceless

It won't be Sky.

It's usually the syndicated version that channel four used to broadcast. Certainly the (superb) annual box set contained all the same logos and graphics.

Thanks for all the info - have just ordered it. Need to get a Sky recording now. :D

Fantastic last time I was dancing in the aisle at speedway was Wembley 1972 (I was only 10 and Ivan Mauger was my hero) now 45

Found this on the Daily Express Online:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/12011/...in+a+Millennium

The headline 'Hero Harris: One in a Millenium' made me smile but its just a shame they didnt have a picture of our hero!

As one of those who doubted him in 2005, well I was wrong (and how!!) and I hope he goes from strength to strength.

The way many Poles were chanting his name on leaving the stadium suggests his fan base isnt just in Britain...

First Cardiff GP i've missed in 5 years, inconsiderate friend of mine got married on Saturday and I coudn't go. I was absolutely overjoyed when I heard the result and also absolutely gutted that I couldn't be there. Its been a real privilege watching Chris at Brandon every week, usually worth the admission fee on his own. I managed to find the final heat on Youtube at the hotel receptions computer and got a crowd of fellow wedding guests watching it.

Well done Bomber and let's hope this gives British Speedway a much needed boost.

I'll be emailing my un-hitched friends the date of next years British GP and kindly ask them to use an alternative date.

First Cardiff GP i've missed in 5 years, inconsiderate friend of mine got married on Saturday and I coudn't go. I was absolutely overjoyed when I heard the result and also absolutely gutted that I couldn't be there. Its been a real privilege watching Chris at Brandon every week, usually worth the admission fee on his own. I managed to find the final heat on Youtube at the hotel receptions computer and got a crowd of fellow wedding guests watching it.

Well done Bomber and let's hope this gives British Speedway a much needed boost.

I'll be emailing my un-hitched friends the date of next years British GP and kindly ask them to use an alternative date.

I'd have been at Cardiff to be honest.

Sport > Weddings.

I'd have been at Cardiff to be honest.

Sport > Weddings.

It was a diificult decision but my better half was chief bridesmaid so it swayed the decision that way.

Not so sure i'll be so understanding in the future though.