British Speedway Forum

Lets start the campaign now

SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR!!! :D:D

I think the comparison of Bomber with Peter Collins is valid.

I saw PC in his heyday and have plenty of videos of the great man from the 70's, and without doubt there are some striking similarities.

No matter where PC was in a race, you always felt he could find a way through and win.

Bomber is exactly the same. Exciting times ahead!

Well done Bomber on winning at Cardiff last night.

The atmosphere in the stadium was better than ever and it ended with the perfect result for the Brits. I personnally wouldn't have minded any of the 4 finalists winning but with Bomber completing the job meant it will be a British GP that anyone present (or otherwise) will not forget in a hurry. Hopefully next year though we won't get two fans in front of us who felt the need to stand up at the end of the races even though they were only 4 rows from the front! A couple of digs in their backs soon sorted them out though and my wife waving the flag in front of their faces!

I remember watching Chris in the mid/late nineties starting out in the PL at Exeter and early in his PL career seeing him wobble around Newport for 4 laps to win a race. From Exeter reserve to Grand Prix winner! (alright from CL to GP winner if you want to be perfectly correct I suppose!)

Overall it was a great day spent in Cardiff, even managing to find a car parking space quite easily, with the only downside being the soaking we received walking back to the car park afterwards trying to dodge the puddles and the queue to pay for the car park ticket! The queue for the one payment machine in the car park was ridiculous and ended up being so long the people at the end of it were actually on a different level to the machine! (luckily that wasn't us! ) The traffic didn't seem to be too bad on the way home and we got back to Bridgwater just after 1am.

Can't wait for next year now, when do the tickets go on sale!

(ps Najjer. I thought your prediction on here of Hans winning was looking good until the interval but I am glad that British winner I hoped for came true!)

I know Chris has gotta stand the test of time but he's looking to be our next "Mark Loram" ................. can't help supporting such a racer and such a geniune sorta guy :approve:

WELL DONE CHRIS HARRIS, you had us all in tears man!

What a disapointment!!! :(

No - not Chris but Midland news tonight - absolutely nothing!!

I am hoping that its because they are going to do a piece on him on Monday with interviews and clips.

Fingers crossed :D

WELL DONE BOMBER what a final heat.

the pub went wild for you boy and you had me in tear (sat in your pit shirt)

oh and thanks you also won me £30 with the lads in the pub

really nice to have a british winner again!

Nope, thats about it....

Nope it's not, :P but I'll let you off because you probably weren't even born when Chris Julian was riding. Was successful as a grasstrack and speedway rider.

My first grand prix, and after that, it will not be my last!

Great view, great meeting, great atmosphere, and Chris Harris, you are immense! Well done Bomber.

Well done Bomber !!!!

Just one thing.........Did anyone else watch the final race and it appeared that it was going into slow motion as the laps went on ???? very strange , probably the adrenalin kicking in or i was about to have a heart attack...lol

I've just watched the GP this evening on my Sky+ - what a meeting!!

Some cracking racing! It got better and better as the night went on, including the final.

Bomber in the final was just immense, that race totally blows away all the comments I've heard before that a heat is decided at the start!

Well done Bomber.

Cardiff .... The Millennium Stadium ...... The British Speedway Grand Prix ..........

It's the only orgasm I've never faked :approve:

Watched it again on Sky this afternoon.

Just gets better and better!

The guts and determination Bomber showed were something else.

The stadium erupting as he went under Hancock and over the line are something I'll never forget! :D

Guest Steve Dixon
Cardiff .... The Millennium Stadium ...... The British Speedway Grand Prix ..........

It's the only orgasm I've never faked  :approve:

Soo funny!

Liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :D

Congratulations to Bomber.... what a star you are.

What a blow though, I had to be away this weekend, couldn't find the instructions for the Video recorder to set it to record on the timer.... so I missed the whole thing, even the re-runs later on.

Is there some kind soul who has a recording out there, and would be willing to do me a copy to send over. I would cover all costs, tape, postage etc...... I don't usually beg... but in this instance, I'll beg and beg....

I tried the speedwaydvd site for a DVD, but you need a credit card, which I don't have at this time...hate the blooming things to be honest.

Anyway, if there is anyone that can help, I really would appreciate it.

Wonder if Hans still thinks Bomber is a CL rider now...... :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist..

It's the only orgasm I've never faked  :approve:

oh,yes,oh yes,youve got it now,do`nt stop.do`nt stop,i`m nearly there.......and relax :lol: