British Speedway Forum

Yesterday the Daily Mirror had an interview with Chris Harris and pic in a column down one side of a page yesterday but today has absolutly nothing in it about his win! At first I thought there was as there was, a headline Cardiff goes Bananas, only to read that it's about Cardiff football club!

Any decent coverage in any of the other papers today?

The local sunday paper for the West Country has a couple of photos and a short report from last night. Not seen a lot in the nationals I flicked through in the shops this morning.

It's a disgrace, like I said I can only go by the Daily Mirror but they have got full pages on some sports like Golf etc and not a single mention of Harris winning the GP.

May be down to print deadlines, see what tomorrow brings

Sunday papers go to print much earlier than dailies.

They would have been printed way before Harris crossed the line in the final.

Wait for tomorrow buut don't hold your breath on seeing many coloum inches. England are playing cricket, Wimbledon is still on and boring F1 has Hamilton scoring a few points.

Might be lucky and see a few paragraphs. Anything more than that would be a bonus.

Guest Schumi

Normally the BBC has results for speedway on their website in the motorsports section. They haven't even got the link today. :neutral:

Guest Schumi

Ah, okay. They were probably updating it when I checked. Hardly much though, is it? :( Not even a proper interview.

Edited by Schumi

Sunday Times, Sport Section, Page 27 - a huge block with an action and an inset portrait with the article mentioned in the Chris Harris Thread. Headine: "Harris Speeds To Glory"

Mail On Sunday - Small paragraph or two that I nearly missed.

Sunday Post - Nothing I could find (but it does Have Oor Wullie and The Broons :D )

Expect better coverage in the Monday papers as they will be going to press as we speak. As Steve points out the Sundays go to press much earler than the dailies, and have a week to prepare.

Bear in mind that The ST is owned by News Corporation, who also own BSkyB, so they tend to cover what Sky covers, and a Brit winning makes it topical. Plus it looks like they were prepared for a piece as it's on the pages that carry the late Wimbledon results and the French F1 GP preview

driving back home last night at about 4am my ears pricked up when the Radio 5 guy welcomed someone from the Welsh Daily ........ his top story for the day was understandable ... something along the lines of 'Wales alert' after the recent terrorism goings on........... he even spoke about how Cardiff could be a prime target and that the city police were on high alert....

I cant remember his other stories as I think the red bull combined with the cats eyes had put me in a trance but not a squeek about how a Brit won the Brit GP in front of what looked like easily the biggest crowd the Millenium have had for speedway

I can understand the lack of coverage when like most other sports the 'plucky brits' fail to impress and allow others to take the glory......... but even an unfashionable sport usually has some light shone on it if a Brit comes to the fore

Sunday Times, Sport Section, Page 27 - a huge block with an action and an inset portrait with the article mentioned in the Chris Harris Thread. Headine: "Harris Speeds To Glory"

Must be a different edition up your way, two articles about Horse Racing in the edition I managed to lay my hands on here in Cornwall. Any chance of scanning a copy?

sky sports news had a bit more than the usual text along the bottom this time which surprised me,there was a few different bit's of coverage,one of bombers win and another showing what scottys pit crew do before the meeting-and i can confirm that the words "we hit the bar" were used :D

There was good article in The Independent on Saturday morning, featuring mainly on Bomber. Would expect to see a report in Monday's paper as well. Usually the only coverage in the paper throughout the year.