British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Gate Positions For The Final

I thought, and some of the SKY commentators did too, that something was awry.

Three riders finished the qualifying heats with 12 points. Two of those riders, Pedersen and Andersen, failed to make the final. So why did Leigh Adams and Jason Crump get to choose gate positions ahead of Bomber?

Winning the semi-finals, I believe. Wasn't there a similar case with Hans Andersen earlier in the season?

Because they won semi's Bomber got 3rd choice cos of his 12 points

Is this new from this season? from what i can remember last year it was most points after 5 heats. IMO its good though that the semi winners gets to choose first.

Is this new from this season? from what i can remember last year it was most points after 5 heats. IMO its good though that the semi winners gets to choose first.

Yes it changed this year. The 2 winners of the s/finals get picks 1 & 2 decided on their points from the 20 heats.

I thought, and some of the SKY commentators did too, that something was awry.

Three riders finished the qualifying heats with 12 points. Two of those riders, Pedersen and Andersen, failed to make the final. So why did Leigh Adams and Jason Crump get to choose gate positions ahead of Bomber?

Who cares anyway ..... he obviously picked the best gate to provide a spectacular race :wink:

What got me was WHY oh WHY did Hans Andersen choose gate 4 in his semi-final ?

It was obvious that he was going to get pushed wide in the first bend and even after hitting the dirt once, he still tried the same line in the rerun.

Not complaining as it did me a few favours in the GP Betting Game

Because gate 4 was one of the best gates on the night, but I don't think he looked to see what riders he would have on the inside of him and think about it,

Who gives a 5h1t?

BOMBER, BOMBER, BOMBER....