British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Guy Gets Thrown Out Of The Stadium

Don't know if anyone else noticed this last night but when harris won the final, a guy with a Cornish flag ran forward on the bottom tier waiving it frantically and leaping about in joy, hoping to catch Harris eye and give him the flag. he was pounced on by the usual over zealous stewards, who had had bugger all to do all night, and marched out, even though the guy was no where near the track and just emational with joy. You could see him saying to the steward he would go bak to his seat, but the jobsworth was having none of it and marched the guy out, arm in half nelson.

Pathetic.

Was right in front of us on the back straight, he clambered over the green netting and did go right down to the track fence, bit stupid really with all the security about he was always going to get dragged out, saw him outside when we walked out so missed the presentation which was stupid.

Typical steward, they are given a set of rules but have absolutely no comon sense as how to apply them. Same thing happened at St Marys this year, a guy got shoved over the advertising hoarding while celebrating a goal, only to be dragged off and arrested! :o

On a separate not I thought the standard of service in the bars was nothing short of attrocious this year. 30+ minute queus and the stadium wasn't even full! I guess the old saying rings true, pay peanuts and get monkeys. :mad:

Typical steward, they are given a set of rules but have absolutely no comon sense as how to apply them. Same thing happened at St Marys this year, a guy got shoved over the advertising hoarding while celebrating a goal, only to be dragged off and arrested! :o

On a separate not I thought the standard of service in the bars was nothing short of attrocious this year. 30+ minute queus and the stadium wasn't even full! I guess the old saying rings true, pay peanuts and get monkeys. :mad:

Yeh and it was pastie or sausage roll or nothing

Don't know if anyone else noticed this last night but when harris won the final, a guy with a Cornish flag ran forward on the bottom tier waiving it frantically and leaping about in joy, hoping to catch Harris eye and give him the flag. he was pounced on by the usual over zealous stewards, who had had bugger all to do all night, and marched out, even though the guy was no where near the track and just emational with joy. You could see him saying to the steward he would go bak to his seat, but the jobsworth was having none of it and marched the guy out, arm in half nelson.

Pathetic.

he was english :)

not from our bar,try wearing a welsh top next year ;)

Over zealous prat!

In the past when I have celebrated riders winning I have been pulled back, thank God this year they were not so bad where I was leaning over thr front of the top tier. Just goes to show it depends where you are and what stewards you have by you.

If he clambered over the netting then it was a little daft, but i suppose it's easily excused in such dramtic circumstances, alot of these stewards do let the little power they have go to their heads, like alot of our bosses, they seem to thrive on it

I guess the old saying rings true, pay peanuts and get monkeys. :mad:

Trouble is you pay Coconuts and all you get is Bigger Monkeys! :rolleyes:

I understand what you're saying, as this guy was only celebrating... but if he'd have had a gun or a knife and his aim had been to attack Bomber then you would all be congratulating the stewards now. There's no way the steward was to know what this guy's intentions were, and I guess they have to think of the worst case scenario and act on that. Also, it does seem a little silly of the supporter to climb over the netting, which was obviously there for a reason - everyone else managed to celebrate from their seat; why should one guy get special treatment and, as I've said, pose a potential security risk?

Edited by leanne1706

Once you step over the netting - you are bound to be ejected - I think by law even.

This guy could have had a knife or had money on greg hancock better to be safe than sorry.

Speedway must rid itself of this unruly element before it gets out of hand .

This guy could have had a knife or had money on greg hancock better to be safe than sorry..........

After what nearly happened in London and DID happen in Glasgow Airport on Saturday - sorry guys the stewards were understandedly on high alert in case of any possible attack and took justifiable action for the safety and security of all.

After what nearly happened in London and DID happen in Glasgow Airport on Saturday - sorry guys the stewards were understandedly on high alert in case of any possible attack and took justifiable action for the safety and security of all.

To be honest, he could have blown himself up in his seat :blink:

Edited by Silver Bee