British Speedway Forum

overheard two promoters yesterday who were saying that the BSPA didnt want the press release by JC putting out at all, so i wonder if he acted on his own to releaseit, might explain the very short clip on the BSPA web site

good post by the somerset announcer seems that JC likes to harp on about the success and taking all the glory , leaving everyone else to pick up the organisational pieces

What a suprise you can read him like a book !!!!

Take the situation regarding Gary Havelock/Andre Compton. Now Havvy is my favourite rider & I have no feelings either way for Andre, but whay was Havvy given a seeded place & Andre none at all?

Averages?

Surely the 4-6 meetings each had rode was a better guide to form than a one of qualifier. League meeting them become the qualifiers and encourage rider to give it there all in all meetings, not just in a couple of one off meetings.

Averages?

Surely the 4-6 meetings each had rode was a better guide to form than a one of qualifier.  League meeting them become the qualifiers and encourage rider to give it there all in all meetings, not just in a couple of one off meetings.

and averages dont form a true record either, it depends who you have riden against, how many home matches you have and how manyrides you take.

eg james wright had an 8 point average to qualify for the fours, looks good excepty it was from 1 uncompleted ride, now if that had been a reserve who had had a win then pulled out would he have qualified for the final as he was on a 12 point average?

the best way to decide finalists is as it has always been, provide qualifying meetings.

Having said that, the opening post on this thread is a bit rich in some ways. Mr Chapman seems to want to take all the credit for the on track success of this series.....................

With regard to the British Final, the added "spice" of the wild card issue was somewhat diluted by the Final being staged at Wolverhampton - a track where David Howe was always going to prosper.

Take the situation regarding Gary Havelock/Andre Compton. Now Havvy is my favourite rider & I have no feelings either way for Andre, but whay was Havvy given a seeded place & Andre none at all?

........... rather than trying to cover themselves in glory.

even a blind man can see that speedway is now the JC and CVS show!one controls the internal politics whilst JC revels in the publicity.self interest and speedway....you bet!

The Super7even series in it’s first year has surpassed all expectations according to series director Jonathan Chapman...

Sorry. Could anyone explain which aspect of the Super7even is new? Anyone would think we've never had a British final, or a Premier Fours before! The only difference I see is that the BSPA have at last persuaded someone to market the meetings. Is he saying that the marketing has surpassed all expectations?

... the British Final turned back the clock and showed what we have been missing since it’s hay day back in the 90’s

I disagree. The British final experienced it's hay days back in the 70's when the British Champion had to qualify through the rounds, and the top finishers qualified to the next stage of the World Championships. The Peter Collins, Chris Mortons, Kenny Carters, Michael Lees, Malcolm Simmons, John Louis (I could go on) were riding for their country and it really meant something to be the British Champion.

Chapman emphasises that everything has it’s teething problems, ‘In the first year of any new venture you have teething problems, the main thing is to learn from these and the improve the product the following year...

What new venture? All the meetings have a rich history and have been tried and tested over the years. They only started to fail when the BSPA interfered with them. He could have learned from the history books but chose instead to do it his own way.

‘as far as I am concerned once a team has qualified and been announced in the line up they will be in the event unless they are seriously weakened...'

Which means I'll do what I like.

Asked to summarise the series so far Chapman said ‘when you put things in perspective we have achieved an incredible amount, publicity is high and crowds have increased significantly, this is because we have presented the series the right way and we have put on some great shows, I’m confident people will be coming back again and that Super7even is here to stay!’

Publicity is high, crowds have increased, ? Presentation is laughable and lessons from the past have been ignored. Mr. Chapman is basking in his own publicity and seems to be aspiring to become the Ole Olsen of the Super7even.

I hope he doesn't give up his day job...

Edited by geepeeargh

the crowd at peterborough was smaller than previous ones held there!