British Speedway Forum

Well this year had to be the best Grand Prix I have ever seen at Cardiff, although 2004 and the performance from Floppy has to run it close, but, we got what we wanted, a British winner and I must admit I had tears of joy when Bomber crossed the line (that wave of emotion was something else) although I dont think i quite believed it until I heard the national anthem for the second time. GREAT, sung it loud and proud.

On the night we sat on the upper tier (3rd bend this year) as we usually do and although our seats were good with a great view, we had a serious problem hearing the announcer/entertainment. The only speakers that were in operation were the ones on the ground, around the outside of the track which resulted in either looking on the screen or waiting for the crowds reaction lower down to work out the results of any close finishes. With a PA system all around the stadium I cant understand why this was a problem and why it was not being used.

Another complaint has to be the way the GP was staged. Usually everybody raves about the show that is put on (entrance of riders and entertainers etc) which has been getting better and better year by year, but this year was like the start of a league match and IMO if Bomber hadn't of won (ie: taken peoples minds of it) there would of been a fair amount of critisism, although remember I'm a year older since last year, maybe I'm getting old and grumpy :oops::D:D .

Any thoughts?

Well this year had to be the best Grand Prix I have ever seen at Cardiff, although 2004 and the performance from Floppy has to run it close, but, we got what we wanted, a British winner and I must admit I had tears of joy when Bomber crossed the line (that wave of emotion was something else) although I dont think i quite believed it until I heard the national anthem for the second time. GREAT, sung it loud and proud.

On the night we sat on the upper tier (3rd bend this year) as we usually do and although our seats were good with a great view, we had a serious problem hearing the announcer/entertainment. The only speakers that were in operation were the ones on the ground, around the outside of the track which resulted in either looking on the screen or waiting for the crowds reaction lower down to work out the results of any close finishes. With a PA system all around the stadium I cant understand why this was a problem and why it was not being used.

Another complaint has to be the way the GP was staged. Usually everybody raves about the show that is put on (entrance of riders and entertainers etc) which has been getting better and better year by year, but this year was like the start of a league match and IMO if Bomber hadn't of won (ie: taken peoples minds of it) there would of been a fair amount of critisism, although remember I'm a year older since last year, maybe I'm getting old and grumpy :oops:  :D  :D .

Any thoughts?

Well done, it's only taken you seven days to find some negativety about probably one of the best ever meetings staged in this country.

I couldn't hear the entertainment at all from the second bend, although, personally, I saw that as a good thing.

What?? Not even Brenda? :o

I should think the whole of Cardiff heard her, even with the roof shut. The last time I heard a racket like that was when the foxes were chasing each other up and down our avenue. :lol:

What??  Not even Brenda?  :o

I should think the whole of Cardiff heard her, even with the roof shut. The last time I heard a racket like that was when the foxes were chasing each other up and down our avenue.  :lol:

Ah, Brenda. Good old Brenda. I could hear a screeching noise, but it was very echoey and didn't sound at all like singing. More like someone shouting. Of course, I assumed this was just down to sound problems with the PA. Are you saying she actually sung like that?

Yeah

You are getting old and grumpy!

:P  :lol:

:shock::P:shock:

Well done, it's only taken you seven days to find some negativety about probably one of the best ever meetings staged in this country.

Just a bit of constructive critism, If you read my post again you will see that I agree that it was the best.

Edited by baz brush

Another complaint has to be the way the GP was staged. Usually everybody raves about the show that is put on (entrance of riders and entertainers etc) which has been getting better and better year by year, but this year was like the start of a league match and IMO if Bomber hadn't of won (ie: taken peoples minds of it) there would of been a fair amount of critisism, although remember I'm a year older since last year, maybe I'm getting old and grumpy :oops:  :D  :D .

Any thoughts?

totally agree, whilst the racing was the best ever at Cardiff I too thought that the presentation was poor

Loved the presentation - getting back to basics with the protagonists simply riding the arena is much preferred to fancy arrivals. So glad I took the binoculars though and could get a more up close view of goings on....

On the night we sat on the upper tier (3rd bend this year)

Sorry have to pick you up on this, apparently there are only two bends on a speedway track ..... so you must of been on the second bend not the third :approve:

One thing that we always notice about Cardiff is that no-one sings the national athem. At the Danish GP the riders and fans sing along. With us its air horns. :(

Superguest,

The stadium itself and the noise that is generated at Cardiff probably makes it seem/feel like that but I'm sure that isn't the case. When the World Cup was at Reading last year, the anthem was sung loud and proud and wonder if its just the stadium/noise and atmosphere inside the Millenium that makes it feel like that.

I always sing the national anthem with pride.

God Save The Queen.

I always sing the national anthem with pride.

God Save The Queen.

. . . She aint No Human Being . . . . . ;)