British Speedway Forum

Any names for the line up yet? Haven't seen anything in the press or on the forum as yet. Hope it's an exciting line up as want to make it worth the effort of travelling.

Imagine we'll have some of the Sheffield lads in the line up.

Edited by nightrider

Still seems to be no names coming forth??? I see another forum user has posed this question in the Conference League section with no replies. I'm not accusing any of you for witholding information :)

Just simply wonder why Sheffield have not given out a list of names/likely names yet when the meeting is just over 48 hours away.

How many fans are going to watch if they have no idea who is in the line up??

:angry:

Edited by nightrider

Perhaps they can't get any riders to ride either...we couldn't get a PL team to come and visit on Thursday so perhaps no CL riders wanna do either!!

considering the weather problems of the last few weeks you would have thought they would be trying to give as much publicity out as possible

They really do appear to be slipping back in terms of Publicity this season the website only rarely updates and carries very little useful information

Come on Machin/ Hoggard get your act together if you still want the fans to support

the club or are you going the same way as many other promoters and throwing the towel in !!!!

Wish this had been at the weekend - might have stood a chance of going then. I hope there are some amazing riders.. Though people considering travelling probably wont if they dont know whos gonna be there.

At least it'll give Sheffield fans some riding to watch, after far too long without. :)

I'm giving Sheffield till the end of today to come forward with a line up, otherwise I certainly won't waster the time and petrol attending the meeting. I doubt many people will go as it seems a farce to be advertising a 'Top Gun' event when we've no idea at all who might be in it. Sound like simply a 'filler' meeting rather than a meeting with the cream of the youngsters in it. I'm not knocking the lads who are going to be there - simply the promotion for not letting Joe Public know the line up.

No wonder the gates at meetings are going down.

Moan over !!

Ben Hopwood,

Scott Anderson,

Shane Waldron,

Karlis (Ezergalis),

James Cockle,

Joe Haines,

Byron Bekker,

Adam Roynon,

Greg Blair,

David Speight,

Gary Flint,

Sam Dore,

Simon Lambert,

Scott Richardson,

Jack Roberts,

Ben Taylor.

James Cockle has to be the pre-meeting favourite and it'll be interesting to see how he copes with the pressure.

The rest of the field seems well balanced with only a couple who will be out of their depth which usually leads to good racing as they battle for every last point. There is prize money going well down the line-up, and a S*T*A*R*S award for their 'most exciting rider'.

These meetings are ALWAYS entertaining, and you will be watching the stars of the future.

Nailed on Winner Adam Roynon if he has the same equpment as at the fours sunday looked very quick

Yeah suprise to me that people saying cockle is favourite if roynon rides like he does on sunday then he will win it easy!!

Going to this, just to see some speedway because after 4 weeks I think withdrawal symptoms might be kicking in :lol:

I'd go for Roynon to win this but I'll be watching out for, in particular, the likes of Haines, Blair and Roberts. Hope Cockle does well aswell being a Tiger.

Never been to one of these before, and normally wouldn't but hope it's a good meeting and I hope the line-up we are seeing will contain some of our riders for the future.

Interestingly cockle wasnt riding the other month when Rye visited , Roynon didnt do much that evening scoring just 3+2 , he beat young Hopwood , who wasnt far behind, a very poor Ray Morton and a Cooper ef

Dont think there is much there to Suggest he will pull up any trees

Granted he has prob got more experience giving he is racing Premier Speedway but Cockle would still be favourite

I think one to watch could be Byron Becker