British Speedway Forum

yes i also would have gone, sat or sun, but cannot get time off work monday, ......was very surprised to see it listed as monday, hope the racing is a good advert for speedway, had good feed back from my work mates after the Cardiff Gp

I predict a smaller crowd than Coventry usually get for home meetings, though hope I am wrong.

My thoughts as well Steve. It will be interesting to see how many do actually turn up but judging by how many Bees fans are not even bothering to go, and those living further away who can't because of work commitments, it's not looking good.

I hope I'm wrong as well but looking on the bright side at least it might mean there will be room for me in my usual place. :D

I have decided not to bother, I can spend £33 and then add on some more for beers, or I can go down the pub and spend that £33 on beer. I may have still been tempted to go if the line up had been stronger.

Just gone past the track at Brandon and there are muck away lorries filled up with shale and a bald digger driver with a Danish baseball cap filling them up

I have decided not to bother, I can spend £33 and then add on some more for beers, or I can go down the pub and spend that £33 on beer. I may have still been tempted to go if the line up had been stronger.

Yes the line-up is poor. It looks like Jonsson won't be in the team now and, in any case, Sweden do not have many riders of quality to choose from anyway. As for the USA - why isn't Hamill riding as I haven't heard that he is injured. If Team GB can't dominate this lot then it is a sad day for British Speedway. Watch out for the Ruskies though. A couple of their riders looked very impressive in the Under 21 quarter final qualifier at Rye House last month. Let's face it if they can get round that tight circuit they can certainly spring a few surprises at Brandon.

What time does the meeting start? Despite my dummy spitting yesterday after event 1 I have changed my mind and will be coming up for this now but nowhere seems to show the start time :rolleyes:

I know its 24 hours till the meeting, and tomorrows forecast looks favourable, but here on the north edge of Coventry we've just had a massive downpour - our cat bowl has just floated off the patio !

If it has hit Brandon as well then perhaps it the big man aboves way of dampening the track right through to the base, so hopefully the term slick will not be needed tomorrow night :unsure:

Looking forward to it, and expecting a British victory with the Ruskies out to cause a few upsets.

What time does the meeting start?  Despite my dummy spitting yesterday after event 1 I have changed my mind and will be coming up for this now but nowhere seems to show the start time  :rolleyes:

Start time is in Speedway Star and on BSPA website.

Just been looking back through this thread and dont believe the question has been answered with a guarantee!!!

Does anyone no what will happen if tomorrows meeting is a washout???

Why's it so important ?

It'll be Tuesday. If not Tuesday then Wednesday. If not Wednesday, then FIM rules dictate that the highest-ranked team will qualify to the Final and the next 2 to the play-off on Thursday.

Why's it so important ?

It'll be Tuesday. If not Tuesday then Wednesday. If not Wednesday, then FIM rules dictate that the highest-ranked team will qualify to the Final and the next 2 to the play-off on Thursday.

I was just wondering steve as i have paid £22 to see this meeting!!!!!!

Sorry for asking the question.

That why it is so important :mad:

Can't you go on Tuesday ? If not then perhaps you should have chosen to pay on the day.

By the way, if you have a ticket, does it not give a date on there ? :unsure:

Start time is in Speedway Star and on BSPA website.

So it does, it's just taken me 10 minutes to find it even after you said it was there.