British Speedway Forum

Sorry hun!  I mean my work "here" is done!

So much more to bug you and others over in various other threads though!

:rolleyes:

Can't wait :P

Great result from the lads but it wasnt exactly hard was it?

Fair enough, though, you can only beat whats put in front of you and we did that.

Lets hop we do ourselves proud in the final.

Any one have the scorecard, or our boys numbers please?

An enjoyable night in good company...some good racing, some great racing, some pap. Track was too slick really, but we seemed to have got away with it. But jeez, those meetings are too long even if the racing's decent ! Way too many heats...

Anyway, well done to the entertaining riders of the night B) You know who you are !

Had a few laughs with the on-track and off-track incidents :D

Good crowd, nice and noisy...great sweets, nice and juicy...good friends, nice and stupid. :P

Unfortunately I then had my night ended by an articulated truck removing the left hand side of my van, fortunately no-one was sat there ! ...never mind, it didn't ruin the night

Dont like to upset you but Tomas Topinka used to ride for Ipswich as well :-)

As did Daniel Nermark and James Brundle! :blink:

Crap meeting for 15 heats, then it come to life a bit, thanks God for the company, which included some Welsh people from Newport :P

Not from Cornwall?  :blink:

Well done Team GB and a special Congratulations to Eddie Kennett. You proved you CAN ride Coventry and you did yourself, your country and the Pirates proud tonight.

Just watched the replay (I get on tele a couple of times, so anyone wanting an autograph in the next few only has to ask ;)) and how lucky was Jonas when eh was on his joker?

Firstly he was 3rd when all hell broke lose to get the re-run and secondly, he crashed as Kerr crashed yet got back in the re-run. I wonder if those at the trakc who look at me in astonishment when I pointed out only Chris Kerr was excluded will realise I was right with the benefit of the same replay?! :D

Not a totally surprising result TBH even though it looked like being close in the beginning with Richardson coming last and Stead second in the opening heats. In the end, it was never any doubt on who were winning...unfortunately. :P

Happy to see Jonas Davidsson in that kind of form once again on the international stage after his reserve rides in the Eskilstuna Grand Prix earlier this season. Great work Jonas!

Also happy to see Lee Richardson coming back strong and finishing with a credible 11 point, not giving all the Rico bashers on this forum a reason to gloat.

A huge well done to the Russians as well, I actually found myself to be cheering them as much as the Swedes sometimes! B) They had more riders troubling the opposition than the Americans, and I'm looking forward to seeing them once again on Thursday. Gizatullin and especially Saifutdinov are just so exciting, Darkin mixed it better than expected based on his early season results and (Roman) Ivanov tried hard for his 4 points. Gafurov can do much better, hopefully he will show that in Leszno.

Roll on Thursday!

I thought it developed into a very good meeting after a few processional races at the start. Good crowd too. One in the eye for all you forum pessimists. Great result for GB, and we needed it with Poland and the Aussies in the race-off.

Like others I can't understand why Magnus Karlsson was reserve for Sweden, but maybe his Swedish form is better than his British form.

It was great to see all the British team doing well, especially Stead and Kennett, and I think we can challenge for the title in Poland. Ain't gonna be easy though.

Oh, those Russians! Loved them and was rooting for them to get through even if they do murder our citizens in sushi bars. Fantastic entertainment. Whoever thought that Renat Gafurov would be the quiet man of the Russian team. Not sure how they'd go round Eastbourne though!

I warned you about Jonas, did I not? International Jonas has shown on several occasions that he's a different kettle of fish to EL Jonas. He'll probably be in the GPs soon!

Edited by Grachan

Just watched the replay (I get on tele a couple of times, so anyone wanting an autograph in the next few only has to ask ;)) and how lucky was Jonas when eh was on his joker?

Firstly he was 3rd when all hell broke lose to get the re-run and secondly, he crashed as Kerr crashed yet got back in the re-run.  I wonder if those at the trakc who look at me in astonishment when I pointed out only Chris Kerr was excluded will realise I was right with the benefit of the same replay?! :D

I said the same about Jonas at the time of the heat. Apart from that he was very impressive though. Must've been on his Swedish league bikes.

as For GB I was delighted to see Eddie do as well as he did, the boy looked like he was pooping his pants when interviewed before the meeting, but he knuckled down and did a very good job for his country, well done son!

And as for Scotty - Captain fantastic! That ride against Hancock was brilliant, the way he chopped down on the last bend was excellent and it looks like the boy is back and hopefully proved some knockers wrong last night :approve:

Edited by beesboybert

Excellant result,poor racing to begin with,with very little passing but as the meeting progressed the racing did get a little better,oh do i wish the meeting was on a weekend,we left straight after work,after an hour of nose to tail driving,it was obvious we would not make the start time so we turned back and got home just in time for the parade lap on the Harleys,(mind you,it did mean we could have a curry whilst watching it :approve: )

Well done Team GB you all did what was asked of you no matter whether it looked processional or not at the beginning!!! I cheered for every one of you in every race,just because i am a premier league supporter and none of you ride for my team it made no difference what so ever,you are all british and have been asked to do a job, which you all did and i for one are very proud of you all and very proud to be British!!!!! :)

GB even got a showing on the BBC sports news this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

my only complaint after waiting 50 minutes to get in...

open some more bloody gates, just got inside for the first heat!

i agree they should bring it down to m20 heats finishing at 11pm just too long!

i'm alright as im local but anyone travelling and then getting up to work this morning musty be shatered!

loved the russians, can we have one please :)

my only complaint after waiting 50 minutes to get in...

open some more bloody gates, just got inside for the first heat!

i agree they should bring it down to m20 heats finishing at 11pm just too long!

i'm alright as im local but anyone travelling and then getting up to work this morning musty be shatered!

loved the russians, can we have one please :)

Maybe if they had opened more gates, they wouldn't have had to delay the start, therefore it would have finished earlier :rolleyes: