British Speedway Forum

No worries SL I was just saying the names of the people I could remember with foreign avators :oops: sorry to all mentioned

It is something to do with that once admirable quality in people, called LOYALTY.

and as Star Lady said, it was also a fight for freedom of choice.

that, basically, means i can support who i want in the Speedway World Cup, same as you, as you have that freedom too.

i won't disagree about bringing on the youngsters, limit the number of foreigners that ride in the UK ... lets have the riders that want to ride in our leagues, not just here to take the money then get out when they want.

Guest Schumi

Shazz, I didn't say I wasn't supporting the Brits, just that I'm fed up with being told I have to.

"Lucky you don't ride then as that was not what Mr Louis said on SKY"

Well ask any person who visits Brandon every week and the majority will say the same.

At the start of the programme Tatum said there was tons of dirt on it, however it was perfectly clear to most people who have visited brandon over the past couple of years that there clearly was not.

Also look at peoples comments regarding the entertainment factor....

the only one who knows the words to the National Anthem

well all the Danes seemed to sing their national anthem on Saturday ... all comes back to pride and passion i reckon.

Shazz, I didn't say I wasn't supporting the Brits, just that I'm fed up with being told I have to.

Schumi I didn't say you had to support the Brits, I didn't say anyone had to I just wondered why people chose not to.

Edited by shazzybird

Why do people get so het up with others who don't support team GB?

I say just let 'em get on with it, and let the majority of us who do cheer on our lads wearing our national colours with pride carry on doing so without resorting to bickering. Tis a personal choice, not one I understand admittedly but I personally would rather save my efforts for the national team than trying to understand the foibles of a minority.

As for exciting British riders like Carter and Lee,,,,,mmm great role models

on a speedway track totally

if only there were a few British riders like these about ...... can but hope.

so come on J, who would you put in their place?

so come on J, who would you put in their place?

How about come on S who would you put in TEAM GB obviously last nights team is not good enough in your eyes :rolleyes:

Steve

At the end of the day Carter achieved no more on a speedway track than Nicholls has...indeed a darn site less...He was a great guy...but im sorry Bruce Penhall is dead right bout the guy

Michael Lee was a natural....both unfortunately succumbed to bad things.......

Dont forget when they were doing well in world finals there was 6 eastern bloc riders in the final...who were out of there depth...now we have the best 15 riders in the world every meeting...

As for riders to take there place.....3 or 4 years mate....Nicholls...Harris...Bridger...Kennett,,...Roynon...Boxall.........Wright

...Auty......

Last few years The Danes have done well...but have been lucky with injuries...whereas Team GB ...Sweden and the Aussies have had injuries at the wrong time...thems the breaks i guess

jaybea

well all the Danes seemed to sing their national anthem on Saturday ... all comes back to pride and passion i reckon.

I don't think it makes any difference to your pride and passion whether you sing or not, it's what you're feeling inside that counts ..................

You remember Daley Thompson whistling the national anthem.....he never had any pride or passion either i guess

jaybea

How about come on S who would you put in TEAM GB obviously last nights team is not good enough in your eyes  :rolleyes:

that's right, but like i said earlier, there is nobody else, that's why the team picks itself, that's why there's no fighting for places, all of the riders there last night knew they'd be there as there's no competition for their places.