British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nightrider

Young England V's Young Australia

Got to agree with Rabbit.......

Certainly a meeting not to be missed ......

Really looking forward to seeing stars of the future with something to prove ,a sure fire recipey for a great meeting.

Hope all the riders enjoy the day and return to their league teams having benefited from the event .

Did you see Shane Waldron's score on Saturday I'm surprised he isn't in the line up - then again, Poole only show EL news on their 'latest news' never any other news.( Come on Poole not all fans are JUST intesrested in the Pirates no offence it is your website.) I think there are some brilliant confererence plus PL riders that should be in this event or be able to show case their talents - such as Shane Waldron , Brendan Foster..... lads who are the future of the sport but are not in this particular meeting - when do we get to see these lads perform?? The second half should be showing of the show case of those who should have been in the U 21's but missed out for 1 reason or another.

KEEP SPEEEDWAY INTERESTING...sorry but I feel I have a point to prove - reading other threads.

I know Peter Oakes is responsible BUT why isn't he lookung further afield?? A second half of such talent will keep speeedway ALIVE!!

Well done Shane on your BOSTON debut - a superb effort !

Edited by nightrider

Err OK...firstly who is Brendan Foster? Wasn't he a runner from years ago? :blink: Poole fans are well aware of Brendan Johnson and we're kept aware of how he's doing thanks.

As for Shane Waldron - what's his connection with Poole? :blink: Are we missing something? Yes it is our site and we are predominantly an EL club. Of course there are great talents out there in the CL but it's not the place of Poole to make news items of them all but for their own teams to do. There are also only 14 places up for grabs on Weds and only 7 of those for British riders. :rolleyes: We have our Academy league team and the news as always will focus on the riders who turn out for us in that league. If a rider signs for us in that league then no doubt there'll be interest in how he's doing.

Or am I missing the point of your rant at us? :unsure:

Edited by rabbit

Foster/Johnson sorry...I and old and names escape me from time to time :) Just thought messer Waldron did well when he ride for our Academy /junior side .....that's all. As to the website OK it goes on about our EL side....but it never seems to link to our FANS FORUM - is it just me ( or my age :neutral: )

Edited by nightrider

Sorry but its you! There's a link to the fans forum frok the official site at the top right under "interactive". Click on the interactive button and a drop down menu will show the first link as Forum.

Well my last posting went astray ( or is it as old as me and will turn up eventually??)

I click on 'fans forum' nowt happens.......

I think as Neil Middelditch is the Uk manager he should showcase BG talent in ALL meetings woth a second half of the GB's finest talents. This includes Brendan Johnson .....sorry rabbit. My age!! Also all the young lads who are riding so well. I went ot Stoke on Saturday and Shane Waldron was superb. I saw him ridf for us this season and last in the Southern area/academy League and just wonder why MIDDLOl as GB manager isn't pushing talents such as these?????????????

Soirry but........how many GB/Commonwealth riders in the POOLE Team.

Oh god bless the 70's anmd 80's no offence to anyone - just having an oap moment.

Edited by nightrider

Lol chill Nightrider...they're valid comments but it's all about levels of riders. I see where you're coming from but you cant just stick any rider into a meeting like Wednesdays - the riders picked for that meeting are of a certain level - high CL and PL. Shane is a decent rider yes, and so of course is Brendan but I think even they'd admit that Wednesday's meeting would be above where they're at, at the moment. You can showcase riers of course, but it's no fun for them or the supporters if you pitch them higher than their current capabilities. Neil is fully behind British talent but you have to be realistic about development stages and find the relevant opportunities - for some that's Academy League, for other CL and U21 outings, for others PL. Horses for courses and all that jazz. ;)

Rabbit - I know what you are saying about the 'better' GB riders being in this event. I think it would be good to have a competition for the lower levels of good GB riders too.

Brendan Johnson ( got it right!)is certainly one to look out for, also a good many others.

My son lives in the Midlands so I occasionally get to go up there and watch riders at a number of tracks - Birmingham, Coventry, Stoke, Buxton. I know they have the Top Gun event but it would be good to see every track hold an event like this each season to help bring on the youngsters.

Re: Fans forum - I have never been able to get the link to work!! :unsure:

Thanks for the link Rabbit - it worked...finally I have been able to view the forum!

They thought they could keep me out but they can't!

Cheers for that mate

This will be a great meeting and a chance for the Poole management to look towards the future. Not sure on the riding order but I'm sure I heard that Danny King is riding at 1, Lewis at 3 and Boxall at 5. I think GB will win and for the record, I will be cheering for Troy and Doyley when they take their rides.

I do wonder about speedway supporters sometimes... No disrespect PTW, but Wednesday's meeting has the potential to be a cracker and you're not bothered in going? Is there any reason why? Surely if you're a fan of great racing and racers you'd have to be interested, especially as the price is reduced - £10 - that's only a quid more than a CL match. I'm not having a go at you as it's your right to choose what you see and what you don't but doesn't a meeting like this tempt you even a little? I'm really looking forward to it - certainly more than I would some of the EL matches we're due.

I know that many people will stay away simply because it's not Poole and it's not the top names. Seems a shame when the entertainment will probably be be at least on a par with anything the senior team dishes up.

Just hope I'm proved right and it is a classic now ... :rolleyes:

Rabs - I agree with you once again. If I lived near Poole and not in Doncaster I would be at that meeting like a shot. Some great young riders who you know will give 100 per cent and the Poole management have reduced admission to £10.

There's some right miserable supporters about, that's all I can say.

The line-ups look good and pretty even. Disappointed I'm not on holiday in Dorset until mid August.

The line-ups look good and pretty even. Disappointed I'm not on holiday in Dorset until mid August.

Was gonna say that! Would of liked to have seen this. When I go away down there its the Bees! :(

Edited by superguest

Wallabies

Troy Batchelor ©

Cameron Woodward

Jason Doyle

Tom Hedley

Robert Ksiezak

Jay Herne

Corey Gathercole

Lions

Steve Boxall

Daniel King ©

Lewis Bridger

Ben Wilson

Ben Barker

Tai Woffinden

Adam Roynon

as that is the Confirmed line-up i might venture along to Wimborne road but im still not sure yet!!

Go on PTW....you know you want to really ;)

Thanks for the link Rabbit - it worked...finally I have been able to view the forum!

They thought they could keep me out but they can't!

Cheers for that mate

My pleasure nightrider - hopefully we can look forward to you joining up and taking part in both the discussions and also the threads on our live updates on race nights. Just watch out for the mods though... :P:approve:

Edited by rabbit