British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nightrider

Young England V's Young Australia

Whoops...committed the cardinal sin of posting on the thread during the meeting when updates were going on. Apologies - someone posted there weren't any and being at the meeting I didn't check. :rolleyes:

Anyway - cracking meeting and probably the best at Poole so far this year. All riders totally committed and there's some great talent out there for both countries in years ahead. Some brilliant racing - one battle between Doyle and Woffinden, passing and re-passing was out of the top drawer.

Very impressed with Woffinden and Gathercole - not to say the likes of Troy, Cam and King weren't excellent either, but haven't seen much of the other two and they're relatively new to the senior UK scene. Great stuff.

It was a better crowd than I thought it might be, but still down on a usual week. To those who stayed away, all I can say is it was your loss. :D

Edited by rabbit

Great meeting but as usual for a junior meeting at Poole it was a poor attendance

On another note, just wanna say a big thanks to Suzie Q for texting from heat 10 after my battery conked out!!!!!

Just knew it would be a good meeting, silly lot who stayed away, these boys are the future, shame it's not a test series as such!!!!

I have to say I enjoyed this meeting all though some fans were slightly less impressed.

Plenty of passing, spills and thrills kept it worthwhile and all the lads gave effort even the unlucky Ksiezak.

Never seen Woffinden before but that guy is going places. Didn't make one decent start all night but kep cool when behind and picked his way through to score good points and even a great pass on Doyle. Rode maturely for a 17 year old with a slightly unusal style.

Also Barker, Roynon and Wilson in glimpses shone and they were lead brilliantly by King and Bridger and the Aussies to impress me were Gathercole, Woodward and Troy returning from injury.

Those who didn't show will be disappointed to have missed a fine meeting.

Never seen Woffinden before but that guy is going place Rode maturely for a 17 year old with a slightly unusal style.

Don't age the poor nipper :D He's still only 16 years old ;)

I have to say I enjoyed this meeting all though some fans were slightly less impressed.

Plenty of passing, spills and thrills kept it worthwhile and all the lads gave effort even the unlucky Ksiezak.

Never seen Woffinden before but that guy is going places. Didn't make one decent start all night but kep cool when behind and picked his way through to score good points and even a great pass on Doyle. Rode maturely for a 17 year old with a slightly unusal style.

Also Barker, Roynon and Wilson in glimpses shone and they were lead brilliantly by King and Bridger and the Aussies to impress me were Gathercole, Woodward and Troy returning from injury.

Those who didn't show will be disappointed to have missed a fine meeting.

im glad i went in the end a very good meeting, lots of passing which makes a change, have to get some more of those matches i think :approve:

Rabbit, you posted on here at 8.01pm - how were you here AND there? :blink:

My PC I use to do the scoreboard at the stadium has internet access so I sometimes have a quick look on here when they're grading the track ;)

My PC I use to do the scoreboard at the stadium has internet access so I sometimes have a quick look on here when they're grading the track  ;)

Fair enough Rabs ;)

I hope you are concentrating on the meeting though Rabs. ;)

Guest chris26

good performance from the lads :D

good to see them doing well :D

I hope you are concentrating on the meeting though Rabs. ;)

Of course. We women are naturals at multi-tasking - a quick look at this site is nothing. :P;)

some really good racing last night.i have to agree about bridger,an accident waiting to happen,he nearly ended up in the third bend fence even before the meeting started.out of the non elite riders woffinden impressed me,apart from his first bend bunching he was very smooth,no fence scraping or hitting ruts.he doesn,t rely on his gating and made some superb passes.gathercole ben wilson roynon barker and hedley had their moments too.jason doyle will have to up his game soon,hes getting passed far to often and his bike seems slow on the straights.you stayaway fans missed a good meeting,value for money,only a pound more than weymouth.

Just got back and really enjoyed tonight. a shame there were so many stay away fans who missed 14 guys trying their hearts out.

The track was far better than last week. Quite  a few tons of shale were removed from the track and it produced much better racing in safer conditions.

Pick of the riders were King and Woffinden for GB and Batchelor and Gathercole.

Couple of things. bridger is just a wild out of control rider on fast gear. A big purler is around the corner. He was all over the place and needs guidance, though I have said that before.

By all accounts Woffiden wants to be an Aussie, not a Brit. Not sure where tonight leaves him. He rode well on his first visit tonight. Comes across as a lightweight cross between Jason Lyons and Kenneth Bjerre. Another year in the premier and he will be ready for the EL. Good skills and impressed.

I cant believe the amount off rubbish you are all talking about Lewis Bridger he rode out of his skin all night, and after the meeting I got him two sign me a few photos and he informed me that he started on a new tuned gm engine he was testing for the first time from Neville Tatum, and he used it in his first two rides then he changed to his normal Poole bike, and from then onwards he was unbeaten, with winning the two hardest heats of the night heat 13, and heat 15 and rode really well to ride where he was riding in heat 15 to let the captain Danny king ride where he needed to be to keep troy behind him, and the boy is still only 17 years old and I think a lot of you have forgot that, you keep going on about tai woof only being 16 but Lewis is only a year older and if tai is holding a 5:35 average when he is 17 in the elite league then that’s fair enough but enough’s enough leave the boy alone please, and let him race his bike, and enjoy his speedway, you said he looks like he is always on the edge, the only time he was out of control is when he had trouble with new engine, and when Cameron Woodward couldn't stop after the race and went straight into the side of him, which caused them both to crash but being a good sportsman they both got up and made sure they were both ok, and had a laugh and a joke about it.

Edited by bobmarley69