British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Will Middlo Inspire Us To Swc Glory?

What people seem to forget that, alongside George English, Middlo is the finest man motivator in speedway, what he does to make the english riders compete is just amazing.

Dear oh dear; even Harry Potter couldn't conjure a World Cup win from the current batch of British riders! What do people expect? :rolleyes:

Let's just enjoy sorting out the Swedes at Brandon tomorrow and then hope that we can avoid 4th place next weekend. Somehow I doubt it. :neutral:

PS Good to see that shazzy will be fully behind Rico! :approve:

I am Starman  :approve:  I back the boys 100% every year (yes yes I even cheered on (spit spit) Richardson last year!) At the end of the day got to believe in them and back them of course even the Manager whether it be Middlo or Vega!

I think that's a top post Shazzy, and I do agree with what you say about getting behind ALL the lads :approve:

It's not so much the team I have trouble with - on their day they are capable of beating anyone (no, really!).

However, I don't honestly think Middlo could inspire a jelly to set. Yep, he's a great team manager, but inspirational? Give me a break! Just because you can decide when to put out a sub or play a joker it doesn't make you inspirational.

Having lit blue touch paper, I will now retire to a decent distance and wait for the flak, and possibly the warning!

Yeah goes against the grain for me with Richardson but .... he's a Brit and it's TEAM GB not individual as long as he remembers that :P:wink:

Besides, if the riders say they are up for it and then under perform, what can you do.
Call them as inept as Middlo? :blink::lol:

However, I don't honestly think Middlo could inspire a jelly to set. Yep, he's a great team manager, but inspirational?  Give me a break! Just because you can decide when to put out a sub or play a joker it doesn't make you inspirational.
But he is tactically inept! HE CANT decide when to play the joker or make a tac sub. A bit like Boycey (God I'll have SusieQ after me now, that's Boycey and Middlo I have said are crap), everyone could see the joker should have been used a heat or two earlier, it was so obvious Sky said Crumpy was on a joker in the heat before!!!!

I am Starman  :approve:  I back the boys 100% every year (yes yes I even cheered on (spit spit) Richardson last year!) At the end of the day got to believe in them and back them of course even the Manager whether it be Middlo or Vega!

I do back every one of them Shazzybabe-er bird.

I have the utmost confidence in all the boys, especially

on home ground, i said nobody is expecting us to win

the World Cup, but i do expect us to qualify to the final

from tomorrows round at Coventry!. And win lose or

Draw, i would expect Neil to retain the job!.

And win lose or Draw, i would expect Neil to retain the job!.

So even fi Team GB go 6 behind in the SWC final and Chris Harris, who's on a maximum in his weakest heat of the night is not put on a joker, he goes out and win it and then Team GB lose the final by a point or 2 you'd expect him to keep the job? Despite the fact he'd single handedly be responsible for Team GB not being Champions?

:blink::unsure:

If he screws up he should be sacked. :rolleyes:

Most other managers get one chance to win a world cup maybe two but middlo get 6 or 7 .

You missed a few words out of there PB "Most other FOOTBALL managers that get stupid amounts of money to bring home the World Cup" They're the one who are only getting one chance at it. Jessssssssssssssssus it's our first round tonight and Vega started the slagging off before they'd even loaded their bikes into their vans!

No before SCB or Vega or someother Middlo headhunter jumps on the above, that doesn't mean it makes it right that we haven't one but the football managers have a lot more choice for their team than Middlo does for his :wink:

I do back every one of them Shazzybabe-er bird.

I have the utmost confidence in all the boys, especially

on home ground, i said nobody is expecting us to win

the World Cup, but i do expect us to qualify to the final

from tomorrows round at Coventry!. And win lose or

Draw, i would expect Neil to retain the job!.

You was the one that said no one is expecting them to win ....... I said I am (meaning I am expecting them to win :rolleyes: ) whats the point of cheering on a team if you only expect them to get to the final and not have the faith in them to win it. :rolleyes:

COME ON TEAMGB

Why the hell are they called Team GB???? All the riders are English!!!!!!

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought is said Will Millard inspire us to SWC glory and was thinking what the bloody hell has the master of commentry cock ups gotta do with it :lol:  :oops:

Would be a fantastic team talk though, "watch the man from Mildura, and the one from Darwin Northern Territories who rides for Belle Vue ( :wink: ) (you can't get further North than that in Australia). You've got work to do, so make sure the battle is joined. If we get to heat 20 and you can throw a blanket over the teams then we've got every chance"

I've long-since had my say on Middlo and his team, but that's in the past. No point moaning about his selection now. I changed my colours and siggy last week, and I'll get behind each and everyone of them tonight.

We shouldn't underestimate the Swedes. They are capable of giving us a real run for our money. For the record I think they've made the same mistake as Middlo. Magnus should be in the team at Brandon. He's pretty good there, and I think he could outscore Jonas no problem.

In the past we've suffered badly with injuries, and again we are missing a key rider. That makes a big difference. However, if we go straight through tonight we are in the mix for a podium place behind Poland (surely big faves on home shale).

will be funny later, everyone will be going completely over the top if GB win comfortably, and so they should ... look at the group they're in, then look at the group from Saturday, considerably easier tonight.

really looking forward to seeing the Russians, there's a couple in there that could cause a suprise or two, but Team GB should get high 50's or more points.

We shouldn't underestimate the Swedes.  They are capable of giving us a real run for our money.  For the record I think they've made the same mistake as Middlo.  Magnus should be in the team at Brandon.  He's pretty good there, and I think he could outscore Jonas no problem.

Write off Jonas at thy peril! He could well turn out to be the star of the Swedish team.

Then again, he could well not.