British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Scott Nicholls

At no point have I not had respect for David Howe for getting on a bike and putting effort into his racing. I just don't agree with his version of an incident, in which he contradicted himself.

I thought this was a Scott Nicholls thread :P

Oh well, it wasn't you that brought it up was it :blink:

Cheers for previous post by the way :approve:

Maybe if all the people who keep bringing up the views of people who don't think Scott Nicholls is the best thing since sliced bread stopped posting, this thread would die a natural death and everyone would be happy :rolleyes:

Have i mentioned had Scott not broken his collarbone last year and missed a GP he would have qualified.....in the top 8 ...thus not getting a wildcard....but i guess life would have been boring had that happened.....Perhaps if Scott had said if i dont qualify in the top 8 in all the GPs that other riders are riding in Subedei would have been happy

jaybea

Lordy is this thread still going on... and on... and on.

Right, Mr. Nicholls can count himself lucky to be in this year's GP. Yes, he was unlucky to a certain extent in 2006, but to be seeded through three years on the trot does make him a lucky boy.

On the other hand, I'm glad he is in there. He is amongst the best 15 riders in the world, and has proved this recently.

If Nicholls finishes in top 8 and qualifies for 2008, I'm sure you'll find at that point Subedei will be most gracious.

On the other hand, if Nicholls doesn't, then I'm really not sure if he should be seeded in once again.

All the best

Rob

hey JB, on Thursday you said you'd love it if Nicholls won ... what happened?

Have i mentioned had Scott not broken his collarbone last year and missed a GP he would have qualified.....in the top 8 ...

jaybea

So, you've visited the parallel universe in which the former British champion didn't break his collarbone and didn't miss a GP and can assure us that he would've qualified on merit, have you? Thought not, so give over with the nonsense that he'd have made it but for injury, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

You're busily harping on about that, but if (and it's a big "if") he manages to finish eighth this time around, will you be on here saying he only made it because Hampel missed a couple of rounds? No, you'll be on here banging on about how great it is that he made the top eight and screaming for me to recognise the fact.

Subedei

If Scott makes it this year i am sure the injuries to Hampel...Jonsson and Jagus would have helped him to do that...no doubt....he has had a lot of luck this year...However on the other hand as i am sure you will admit he had some bad luck last year...and may well have qualified but for missing a round

jaybea

However on the other hand as i am sure you will admit he had some bad luck last year...and may well have qualified but for missing a round

But he didn't. He went into Bydgoszcz knowing what he needed to do to qualify, but he flopped and failed.

Right, Mr. Nicholls can count himself lucky to be in this year's GP.  Yes, he was unlucky to a certain extent in 2006, but to be seeded through three years on the trot does make him a lucky boy.

He's not really lucky to be seeded, he is lucky that there is no British alternative capable of being competitive at GP level.As such he's become self selecting, but that has to be better than just one British representative or none .

The fault is not his but the system's, anyone given the chance to ride at the GP will do it. (The wild card riders shows this) While this situation occurs the best thing would be, for other British riders to push their names forward for the nomination.

Although like it has been said on this, and other threads, they in turn would only get the same response on the BSF.

For all his faults he's British and as such should receive support from this forum.

He's not really lucky to be seeded, he is lucky that there is no British alternative capable of being competitive at GP level.As such he's become self selecting, but that has to be better than just one British representative or none .

The fault is not his but the system's, anyone given the chance to ride at the GP will do it. (The wild card riders shows this) While this situation occurs the best thing would be, for other British riders to push their names forward for the nomination.

Although like it has been said on this, and other threads, they in turn would only get the same response on the BSF.

For all his faults he's British and as such should receive support from this forum.

Totally Agree. I thought this was the BRITISH Speeway forum. Why do we always knock our own. Or is just a few with more to say than the majority. If anyone does not think Scott is in the top 15 in the world now, and at any time in the last 4 years I don't they can watch the same speedway as the rest of us.

I am off to Poland on Thursday and most of us English will be supporting Scotty. And don't think I am against the foreign lad's most of them are a credit to our sport.

Maybe if all the people who keep bringing up the views of people who don't think Scott Nicholls is the best thing since sliced bread stopped posting, this thread would die a natural death and everyone would be happy :rolleyes:
A the same time, if the people who wanted to critisize him stopped posting....... :P;)

You're busily harping on about that, but if (and it's a big "if") he manages to finish eighth this time around, will you be on here saying he only made it because Hampel missed a couple of rounds?

Good point ;) Proves that luck evens itself out though ;)

Can the Scott fan really not see Subedeis point? I'm don't completly agree with him on Scott but I do think he makes some valid points, on the other hand, I think some of what he says is poop but it's his opinion and I defend his right to have that opinion, good, bad or indifferent! At the same time, I'll defend the right of everyoine who is sticking up for Scott, even if some of there thinking on some of the arguments is a little warped.

Scotts luck to be in this year but there isnt really any other choice hopefully in a few years the likes of Lewis Bridger, Eddie Kennet and mayby it a weird far fetched way danny king ill be ready for the gp's so we dnt have 2 watch nymore stroppy Nicholls!