British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Scott Nicholls

I was so busy watching NikkiP winning his race I'd forgotten it was the final until the interviewed Scott after!!!!

Well done on your runner up position Scott, warming up nicely for a win in Germany now!!!!!!! Might be worth having a little flutter on you me thinks :approve:

Both Scott and Rune guaranteed selection for next year, last night. Whether it's required or not, remains to be seen...but they will both be there imo. Without any doubt at all.

Shame Bjarne's back in. Hampel is THE most boring rider around, not interested in him returning next year. I'd be well pleased if Greg drops out, but it's unlikely... Zagar can take at least a year out.

Holta won't get back in, unless he's top eight and I think that beyond him now - the former British champion has eighth in the bag now. That's my opinion. Holta has no powerful support to get him a nomination. The Poles won't care.

I'd not have Hampel back in - okay, he missed a couple of GPs, but he's just messing about now. Give him a year kicking his heels and see what he makes of that. I do think Kasprzak will be GPing next season.

Hancock may bow out. Who knows? The German GP will be his 100th GP and would seem a suitable time to take a bow, but you never know. He started the season so well, but something seemed to happen to him after he left Reading. Maybe he thought taking the UK out of his calendar would put him on easy street and he became complacent. It happens.

Zagar I feel deserves a second chance. He qualified well last season and why shouldn't he have another chance after the former British champion has had so many?

Might be worth having a little flutter on you me thinks  :approve:

No Shazzy that's Sophie's job now :D:P

Both Scott and Rune guaranteed selection for next year, last night. Whether it's required or not, remains to be seen...but they will both be there imo. Without any doubt at all.

Shame Bjarne's back in. Hampel is THE most boring rider around, not interested in him returning next year. I'd be well pleased if Greg drops out, but it's unlikely... Zagar can take at least a year out.

Anyway, like I say...Scott and Rune are definites... B)

Wish I could share your confidence with regard to Rune. Got a horrible feeling that Kasprzak and Hampel would get the nod over him if it came down to nominations. I think he has shown throughout the season he has got the ability and he has featured in some excellent races, I just have this niggling feeling that other factors such as sponsorship profile might go against him.

Thought Scott rode brilliantly last night and I'm yet another who thought he'd come last in the final so I was pleased when he came second only to the best in the world.

Well done Scott :D

Holta won't get back in, unless he's top eight and I think that beyond him now - the former British champion has eighth in the bag now. That's my opinion.

And how your opinion has changed! :P Only a few days ago your opinion was "And anyway, I think the former British champion will struggle to finish 9th, with superior riders such as Jagus, Hampel and Jonsson breathing down his neck - I think he'll finish 11th."

So has Scott got 8th place in the bag now or will be finish 11th? Make your mind up. You're more changeable than a woman. :D

And how your opinion has changed!  :P  Only a few days ago your opinion was  "And anyway, I think the former British champion will struggle to finish 9th, with superior riders such as Jagus, Hampel and Jonsson breathing down his neck - I think he'll finish 11th."

So has Scott got 8th place in the bag now or will be finish 11th?  Make your mind up. You're more changeable than a woman.  :D

It changed with yesterday's GP in Krsko - I expected Jagus, Holta and Jonsson to have good GPs, while the former British champion struggled. Jagus did okay, Jonsson was poor and Holta was excellent, but the former British champion matched him point for point.

I expected the circus to go to Germany with the former British champion 4-5 points adrift of Jagus, Holta and Jonsson, but it isn't going to be that way. Only an implosion in Germany can stop the former British champion staying eighth.

By the way, I still consider Jagus, Holta and Jonsson superior riders to the former British champion.

Nice set-up line  :rolleyes: He's only 2 points ahead of 9th !

I can't imagine why you'd say such a thing... :P

I can't see Holta getting two more points that the former British champion in Germany, unless said former British champion implodes.

Always prepare oneself for the worst case scenario.

And how your opinion has changed!  :P  Only a few days ago your opinion was  "And anyway, I think the former British champion will struggle to finish 9th, with superior riders such as Jagus, Hampel and Jonsson breathing down his neck - I think he'll finish 11th."

So has Scott got 8th place in the bag now or will be finish 11th?  Make your mind up. You're more changeable than a woman.  :D

He's an expert at speaking nonsense !!

He's an expert at speaking nonsense !!

If you we're a golfer TD that would be a hole in one :D:P

I think Holta will get a nomination if he doesn't make the top 8 - he is after all the Polish Champion and there was a precedent set a couple of years back with one of the Danes getting picked ahead of Andersen because he finished above him in the Danish Championship. The former Polish Champion has done well to get in to the upper reaches with good results in the last few GPs and I think this helps for Holta's nomination. I don't think Hampel deserves another lifeline - give it to a newbie.

However, it was rgeat performance from Scott, especially from the dreaded gate 3 and I hope his usual adaptability remains when they hit the next one-off track to secure his position. If harris does well also it could see Hancock drop down and I think he'd call it a day then for the GPs.