British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Scott Nicholls

I god damn hope so, he was poor on Saturday night, don't know what is wrong with him, good solid league form and then goes and rides like that in the GP.

Bydgoszcz has never been his favourite track....never done well around there. That's league and GP.

Bydgoszcz has never been his favourite track....never done well around there. That's league and GP.

Not surprising, really. You need skill and finese to master Bydgoszcz - just trying to throw your weight around doesn't get you very far.

Not surprising, really. You need skill and finese to master Bydgoszcz - just trying to throw your weight around doesn't get you very far.

You do need a fair bit upstairs to understand Bydgoszcz.

Yeah, its really difficult to stick your back wheel on the bouncy castle and give it a handful  :rolleyes:

Doesn't seem to be something either of your heroes has managed to master, does it?

But let's look at some of your comments before you became a Bee:

You have this rated as "More classic Gollob":

And this little clip of Gollob sticking his back wheel on the bouncy castle and giving it a handful has you stating "Gollob at his very best":

And this one has you saying "Classic Tomasz Gollob. Class":

I've looked and looked, but can't seem to find many clips posted by your good self showing the former British champion displaying such majesty. You see, there was a time when you recognised the difference between genius and mediocrity.

Yeah, its really difficult to stick your back wheel on the bouncy castle and give it a handful  :rolleyes:

but Scott still didn't manage it, no matter how easy it is :rolleyes:

but Scott still didn't manage it, no matter how easy it is  :rolleyes:

True, and that much I'm not arguing with :P

Scott's biggest problem at tracks like Bydgoszcz is he lacks speed. Really isn't profesional enough with regard to bikes, equipment e.t.c and that's his biggest problem.

Until he decides he wants to be a world champion, rather than it 'being nice if it happened' - he'll never even get close.

Scott's biggest problem at tracks like Bydgoszcz is he lacks speed.

No, his biggest problem is he's just not good enough - stop with the pathetic excuses about a lack of speed, poor luck, time of the month; it's a lack of talent that's the problem.

True, and that much I'm not arguing with  :P

Scott's biggest problem at tracks like Bydgoszcz is he lacks speed. Really isn't profesional enough with regard to bikes, equipment e.t.c and that's his biggest problem.

Until he decides he wants to be a world champion, rather than it 'being nice if it happened' - he'll never even get close.

When Scott left Smederna after 9 seasons and started riding for Bajen this season Scotty said that now he had the chance to pursue his aim for the WC title. (or something similar).

I was there and agree that the lack of speed was all too clear. You can't fault Scott for effort, nor his all-round riding - he's controlled and pretty aggressive. But in terms of horsepower, he just doesn't seem to be at the races. He is consisently one of the last from the tapes and even when he is in front, he is fending riders off rather than pulling away. Although, have to say, he wasn't alone, Jason Crump seemed to in a similar boat to Scott.

I am puzzled, why do you need skill and finesse to get around Bydgoszcz surely as it is a big track you open the throttle and go to some extent, yes there are certain lines you can ride but nobody apart from Gollob was riding those.

Surely you need a bit more skill and finesse to get around and do well at a track like cardiff for instance?

Surely you need a bit more skill and finesse to get around and do well at a track like cardiff for instance?

grasstracking skills come in handy at Cardiff

there is more to 'open the throttle and go' when riding a big, fast, race track.

Subedei, you have made your point about Nicholls ad nauseum. I agree he's not the best in the world & not a patch on Gollob but he's at least as good as half of the GP field & not the talentless beggar you make him out to be. Maybe he has had enough chances now but if politics/TV dictate that there will be 2 Brits in the GP, who would you replace him with? Find a Pole to do a Holta & become British overnight?