British Speedway Forum

Dave there's nothing wrong, just using the same excuse the Poles did to give the reserves a runout once both countries were out of the running. Neither Kennett or Holder fell off or were involved in any incident that I noticed.

No Wuckin' Furries Steve, I'll take yer word for it. (Omigod what have I said???) :unsure:

ha ha hans no bottle.........thiink i will leave it with nicholls with 7 :approve:

Think I'll leave it with:

Heat 25: Gollob 3. Nicholls 2. Andersen 1. Adams 0.

:oops::P

A good point Steve in that we should not have had high expectations.

One point I would make though is that we have to make more effort to gain expererience on foreign tracks. In the past 2 years Kennett has given the World Under 21 Team Cup a miss, to ride a Saturday night at Rye, and this year has not bothered with the GP qualifiers. Whilst he has his reasons, surely the experience he would have gained at such events would have stood him in good stead for the future?

If we are to get some "better" days then our new young riders need to get this experience of riding on the continent.

I think the Poole promotion and Middlo were very disappointed when Eddie said he wasn't going to try for the GP series.

It would have been a huge experience for him even if he failed to qualify, but Eddie said he wanted to concentrate on the U21 final.

Basically all the other teams were a few miles an hour faster than our boys. To blame Middlo is ridiculous. If a brit gated he was at the back within a couple of laps. Is that Middlo's fault?

The fault stems from years of not having a CL and little in the way for British youngsters to come through. At least we are now starting to see the benefits of the CL with great new talent begining to emerge.

:D:D yes yes uk only 15 point

i think you may find someone else to talk about try with your own rider and hans is a good captain :lol:

BUT, I think it is about time these kind of meetings were held in Germany, Italy, Norway etc not just to make it fairer but give other weaker nations an incentive of making the semis or final.

And then there will only be about 1000 people there watching it! You can see with that crowd tonight and atmosphere why they have it in Poland every few years. Got a feeling though it could be back in Vojens next year.

If we believe tonights GB performance was as Middleditch said " a bad day at the office" we are deluding ourselves, we were mechanically inferior, and the sad fact is that Loram apart, we have no-one who could have done better.

Maybe this is symptomatic of the reason that we have become a third rate speedway nation, behind Poland & Denmark, and if we are serious in lifting the status of the sport in this country, we need to start investing in youth! I wonder what the National Press will make of this pi-s poor performance.

What a shambles, but well done to Poland who used the rules to their advantage, wish we were in the same situation.

Why do sky only show the lap or so on replay, often stopping just as a good pass is about to happen, then they show you the same lap from a different angle?

Disagree.Like i said i don't include Ed in the criticism,nor Allen as he wasn't in the team proper.But just look at the riders who won heats.Bjerre,Iversen,Sullivan + Watt for instance.Are you really saying we have no rider on a par with them.At least one that can win a heat?Sorry the team under-performed big time.Why,is the question. :unsure:

We will just have to agree to disagree then lol!!!, i wasnt there and dont know how much motivation middlo was giving the boys but at the end of the day no matter what he does or says when the tapes go up its down to the riders and im afraid the Brits just arent as good as the other nations at the moment but im sure our time will come, at least middlo gave the youngsters a chance which can only be good for the future

Again well done all 4 teams - what speedway should be about, good racing winner not decided until last heat and a bit of controversy thrown in - perfect

Why do sky only show the lap or so on replay, often stopping just as a good pass is about to happen, then they show you the same lap from a different angle?

Nothing to do with SKY, its the producers, Sky only get the feed.

Disappointing.

Britain may have never have won this meeting, but I really am getting tired of home nations having so much of an advantage by practicing before the meetings.

Any other track in the world, would have seen Denmark triumphant and Poland .....with that team, fighting it out with the two other nations.

The GB racers lacked the right track for them tonight, but at least they got there, unlike the Swedes, who have fallen away as a nation.

BUT, I think it is about time these kind of meetings were held in Germany, Italy, Norway etc not just to make it fairer but give other weaker nations an incentive of making the semis or final.

Bloody good meeting

Yes maybe the Danes would have won if the meeting was on another track, But I would rather see a meeting like tonights instead of the rubbish the Danes served up at Vojens.

The GB racers would not have even been there if the qualifiers had not been in at Coventry. We are a 2 man team.......

Yes I agree to a degree we should be looking at meetings in Germany, Italy and Norway in the future but would you get the racing and atmosphere the Poles dish up? I dont think so. Do we want weaker nations in the final? I dont think so we need the best teams in the World battling it out.

Its time for Middlo to step down and let some one new and fresh have a crack at the job. Martin Dugard gets my vote.....

Yawn - sure this'll get slated but in my view that has to rank as one of the most soporific meetings I've seen in ages, boring track, terrible surface.

Thank god for the fantastic atmosphere created by the fervent Polish crowd which just about saved the event from oblivion.

Let's be honest, all four meetings were won by the home team, apart from the one where the home team didn't field their Norwegian ringer, so the whole thing was no less predictable.

As for GB, there's no point slagging the riders tonight off, why not focus on the British system that has just 15 GB riders in its top division, nearly half of whom are has beens or never-will-be's.

How the hell can anyone be expected to produce a world class team with only 7 or 8 top division riders to choose from ?

If we can't support the growth of talent in our second rate league at home, why should anybody react indignantly when we're useless in world class company abroad ???

As a Hans fan I have to say how disappointed I was in his comments after heat 25, simply cos he's played right into certain forum members hands. :rolleyes:

Very well done to the Poles who were simply awesome. Hard luck to the Danes the only team who truly played the rules, Aussies went home half way through and the Brits- Sorry but i gave up on you after about heat 5!

Is opening the Scott Vs Hans debate really relevant?

Edited by London Witch

Nice to see that Walasek's foot injury had recovered well enough for him to sprint out like a gazelle to give Gollob the bumps.     

Well done Poland.

Congratulations to Poland, well ridden and some excellent races... though I have to agree that Balinski's inclusion was somewhat questionnable. If I were a Dane I think I would be a rather unhappy bunny right now, too!

Team GB were quite dismal and never really turned up:

Rico seemed to lose the will to live right from the start, as did I the more I watched him.

Steady looked well out of his depth but the experience was invaluable.

Eddie, ditto.

Bomber I was really surprised at - after having watched his performance in Cardiff and last Monday I couldn't believe how he did tonight. He was almost going backwards, though he did pick up a little towards the end.

Scotty may not have scored big, but IMO it was a real captain's performance. And I'm sure he was really chuffed to get one over on his best friend Hans :P

Olly Allen was very quick out of the gates - just a shame he couldn't keep anyone behind him!! I am pleased he got a go out on the track though, and like Steady and Eddie I'm sure it will prove to be a good experience.