British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Rosco Your Country Needs You.

The words " Chris Louis" and Motivation of riders" don't really sound right in the same sentence.

LOL. Agreed.

Time for Tim Sugar (or Rolf Harris TbH!!!) to get the job, Middlo has failed over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!!! Could he do any worse?

LOL.  Agreed.

Time for Tim Sugar (or Rolf Harris TbH!!!) to get the job, Middlo has failed over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!!!  Could he do any worse?

Could any British riders do any better for any manager?

Could any British riders do any better for any manager?

I would have thought GP riders like Scott and Chris should be able to get a heat win if non-GP riders like Watt,Bjerre and Iversen can.Don't you? :unsure:

I would have thought GP riders like Scott and Chris should be able to get a heat win if non-GP riders like Watt,Bjerre and Iversen can.Don't you? :unsure:

To be honest you'd have had to hope so!

Mind you, how many team days have the Danes had this year, starting with the winter Oxford dates.

And Britain had??

Perhaps it's because I see his work week in week out and know he is the best speedway manager in the country.

The riders all say the same so what do you or I know?

Now I don't want to see Rosco as GB team manager, but stop and think for a second Steve. Middlo at Poole has one of the best three squads in the EL to work with, of course he is successful. A successful manager however is one that can turn a bunch of mediocre riders into world class ones.

As for riders saying he's good, they ain't gonna slate him are they if they want to rider for Team GB.

I think he's had his shot at it and it's time someone else was given a chance, but please not Rosco.

I'm surprised he can get in there with the amount of Swindon fans that are already there!    :lol:

Oh Sue that a cracker :D:D:D

My nomination for post of the season :D

A successful manager however is one that can turn a bunch of mediocre riders into world class ones.

Thats impossible!! Riders either have the ability or don't. It's possible in football to get 11 average players to function well as a team but in SWC its every rider for themselves. No speedway manager can work miracles!!!

Edited by spedy

Thats impossible!! Riders either have the ability or don't. It's possible in football to get 11 average players to function well as a team but in SWC its every rider for themselves. No speedway manager can work miracles!!!

I'm not so sure about that. Look at the effect of, for example, Ole Olsen and Ivan Mauger on Erik Gundersen and Hans Nielsen respectively. I think the right manager can make a big difference, and in World Cups I'd say it's people like this that would make the best managers.

Who have GB got though? I'm not sure about Tim Sugar who is a great tactical manager, but I'm not so sure that this type of competition would totally suit his management style.

At this level we need more a "mentor" than yer average team manager, and, to be honest, I'm not sure we have one. Someone suggested Gary Havelock, who is possibly a good suggestion having been there/done it and also a strong, patriotic character. Other than that I don't think we can judge without knowing what goes on in the pits and how it effects the riders.

There's much more than "playing the joker" to managing a World Cup squad. It's also notable that the two teams at the top tonight are the two that - as far as I can see anyway - seem to have the strongest team ethic and team spirit in the camp.

i dont see a need for change...but if there is to be one then Tim Sugar must be the man

Don't agree.We keep hearing Middlo is a great motivator.What is the good of that if he can't help make a rider perform above himself?Today they didn't even perform average let alone above themselves.Look at the other team managers.All international riders,who have experience on various tracks around the world.Does Middlo have the experience to match them on all types of tracks?I say get someone who knows the way to ride all sorts of tracks not just british ones

Actually I agree now - Middlo quit the job. Stick to being a great manager at Poole and let someone else do the Team GB job. Then when that new manager has exactly the same sorts of results with the same riders wait and see what these people spouting off have to say then :lol:

If Jesus Christ had been our TM tonight we would still not have won!