British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Craig Boyce

I see a lot of calls for Neil Middleditch to be replaced as team manager of Great Britain. And in spite of a lack of obvious candidates to succeed him, I do think it is time for a change.

But, facing facts, Great Britain were always likely to finish bottom of the pile, unlike the Australians, who, for a second successive year failed to live up to their billing as favourites. So, maybe the question should be whether Craig Boyce is really the man for the job with Australia?

I have no great feeling one way or the other. What do others think?

I see a lot of calls for Neil Middleditch to be replaced as team manager of Great Britain. And in spite of a lack of obvious candidates to succeed him, I do think it is time for a change.

But, facing facts, Great Britain were always likely to finish bottom of the pile, unlike the Australians, who, for a second successive year failed to live up to their billing as favourites. So, maybe the question should be whether Craig Boyce is really the man for the job with Australia?

Subedei,

He is not fit to be any Manager.

Sorry but we have seen him at Oxford a few times over the years!!!

It would be interesting to get the honest opinions of the Aussie team!

A think a lot of Australia's problem was the same as GB's. Equipment. Whether or not that is down to the manager is open to question.

Playing your joker against Hans Andersen, however? That's down to the manager.

OMG first Middlos head now Boyceys .... I'll get my knitting ready for the hanging what time is kick off? :unsure:

OMG first Middlos head now Boyceys .... I'll get my knitting ready for the hanging what time is kick off?  :unsure:

Hi shazzybird,

To be honest, I agreed with Middlo's choice of team and they let him and GB down on the night for whatever reason.

Brian

Subedei,

He is not fit to be any Manager.

Sorry but we have seen him at Oxford a few times over the years!!!

It would be interesting to get the honest opinions of the Aussie team!

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr, you have seen him at Oxford and suddenly you feel that because of this he is not fit to be Manager!

Also, you can ask 95% of the Aussies their views and all will say the same, Boycey is definitely the man for the job!

He put Crump in as a Joker when Australia were off gate 1 (good call there on both counts) hardly his fault that the bike went capput at the wrong time!

He took advise from Leigh Adams as Captain of Australia and a rider that has ridden the Leszno track for 12 season now oh how best the riders could set up, prepare and what lines to take! Showing here a good skill in gaining the best possible knowledge, other than going up to a Pole and asking them what they were doing!

Finally, where the heck does a Polish Supporter get off in questioning Team Managers/Captains of other countries anyway? Make your mind up Sub, what side you are batting for!

Edited by SuzieQ

OMG first Middlos head now Boyceys .... I'll get my knitting ready for the hanging what time is kick off?  :unsure:

The anti Poole brigade are out in force, Shazzy :(:shock:

:rolleyes:

You could predict the answers on this and who would post them in the main.

Personally i couldn't give a whatever who does the Aussie job.Let Boycie keep it as he is obviously a good bloke,liked by the riders and thats all the credentials you need so it seems B)

They'll be moaning soon about the Poole threads on here :lol:

Sorry people had to tell SuzieQ :lol:

Finally, where the heck does a Polish Supporter get off in questioning Team Managers/Captains of other countries anyway?  Make your mind up Sub, what side you are batting for!

Get down off your high horse, will you? I didn't state an opinion. I asked a question. You like Boyce and you let that cloud your judgement to such an extent that your post really isn't worthy of serious consideration.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr, you have seen him at Oxford and suddenly you feel that because of this he is not fit to be Manager!

Also, you can ask 95% of the Aussies their views and all will say the same, Boycey is definitely the man for the job!

He put Crump in as a Joker when Australia were off gate 1 (good call there on both counts) hardly his fault that the bike went capput at the wrong time!

He took advise from Leigh Adams as Captain of Australia and a rider that has ridden the Leszno track for 12 season now oh how best the riders could set up, prepare and what lines to take!  Showing here a good skill in gaining the best possible knowledge, other than going up to a Pole and asking them what they were doing!

Finally, where the heck does a Polish Supporter get off in questioning Team Managers/Captains of other countries anyway?  Make your mind up Sub, what side you are batting for!

both by the looks of it :P

:lol:

IMO, Boyce will make a great manager.

He took advise from Leigh Adams as Captain of Australia and a rider that has ridden the Leszno track for 12 season now oh how best the riders could set up, prepare and what lines to take!  Showing here a good skill in gaining the best possible knowledge, other than going up to a Pole and asking them what they were doing!

I actually agree with most of this :unsure: with the daft injury/reserve rule thing it's hardly a hard job being manager anyway. You pick 6 riders, you choose when to nominate a joke®. I agree with you especially with the part about Crump's bike going on him when he was nominated for double points.

What bookies were they favourites ? they were 3rd favourites and guess what ? they came 3rd :rolleyes:

Maybe rosco could take over :P

Edited by orion