British Speedway Forum

Are you lot serious or is this just Coventry bias being taken to extremes? No way was Harris under power when the race was stopped. He was in a heap on the track and the race was stopped immediately Bachelor fell/laid his bike down.

Waste of a good thread - page upon page of whingeing Pommy Rot!

Well done to all concerned taking part, pity about those who can't enjoy speedway, I feel so sorry for them.

Maybe a new Forum for Knockers, Has-beens and Never-weres is in order?

PS Why do the usual suspects persist in posting comments when a meeting is on?

Hey Fat Dave, i've made 79 posts in about two and a half years on here, you have made 2653 in less than a year so I can hardly be accused of wasting space on here can I. :blink:

I don't doubt that the promoters have improved the main part of the Kings Lynn stadium, but what a horrible mess the centre area looks! What happened to the grass? The whole starting gate area  looked like a big splodge of mud and looked most unappealing on TV.

it looked like a speedway track rather than a palace........speedway tracks are meant to be dirrty and not polished and pristine seriously

Are you lot serious or is this just Coventry bias being taken to extremes? No way was Harris under power when the race was stopped. He was in a heap on the track and the race was stopped immediately Bachelor fell/laid his bike down.

Totally serious, Harris' bike was running, he had not lost the cut out, in the fall and did not have to bump start it when he was on his feet.

Surely that is the meaning of 'under power'?

His fall was not the cause of any of the other riders coming off. Batchelor laid his bike dow because of the other guy who dropped it in front of him?

And no its not a Coventry bias, just to make it fair Nicholls is a turd. Happy now?! :lol:

WOW people just cant stop moanin can they!!! the track state at th begginning was a mistake.......buster explained it all so lets drop that one.

Riders didn't turn up that was there own fault yada yada yada.....

Lighting on the bends is something that wil take time and money to get sorted and while it doesnt really affect week in week out runnings of speedway at lynn there is no rush but it wasn't nothing major so lets drop that one too

soooo.......roll on anything GOOD that people have to say!!

Had I been referee I'd have made exactly the same call, so no bias from me. My view from the back straight gave me the perfect angle to see that all three riders were down at the same time - and therefore Harris had to be excluded along with Lindgren.

Mind you, I would have excluded Bachelor from the re-run for not attempting to race and for pulling wheelies for three laps. Bad ones as well ! :P

Although it was very different to the Pairs meeting earlier in the year, it was a similar feeling afterwards. Disappointed with the track preparation, disgusted by the amenities, and just grateful for the two or three riders who provided all of the entertainment.

Personally happy that Screen and Richardson weren't there, I'm no fan of either...but I missed Crump, and a fit PK would have added more to the night.

Shame Dave Watt couldn't hang on to 3rd, he'd earned it...but it was a fair and square pass from Adams, so...hard luck Dave

I suggest you look at it again on Sky then, because your definition of 'in a heap on the track' is totally different to mine. Bomber never parts company with his machine.

Both hands stay on the bars and he keeps it running. Bomber is clearly seen riding across the bottom of the screen whilst Lindgren is in the process of retrieving his bike, only a few seconds after he actually fell off!

Have you never seen a rider fall off, keep the bike running and remount? That's what Bomber did.

If the race was stopped after Batchelor laid it down (about the same time as Lindgren hit the fence) then the stoppage was nothing to do with Bomber as Batchelor laid down to avoid Lindgren. Batchelor was on a completely different line to Bomber and was not affected at all by his crash.

I am in no doubt at all that had Lindgren and Batchelor not had their incident, the race would not have been stopped. Look at the time the referee gave Topinka and Nicholls to clear the track after their falls.

So long as Bomber kept the bike running and was in a position to remount and carry on with his race at the time of the stoppage (caused by Lindgren and Batchelor's incident) then he should have been allowed to continue.

Had I been referee I'd have made exactly the same call, so no bias from me. My view from the back straight gave me the perfect angle to see that all three riders were down at the same time - and therefore Harris had to be excluded along with Lindgren.

On what grounds Steve? A whim perhaps? I have looked at it many times on Sky and Bomber keeps the bike running. He rides across the bottom of the screen seconds after the red lights were on so surely he didn't have time to bump start his machine. Therefore he was under power at the time of the stopage. A stopage which was caused not by his fall, but by Lindgren's.

Had the race not been stopped because of Lindgren's fall, Chris would have been able to continue his race. This opportunity was denied him when Lindgren and Batchelor had their incident.

And no its not a Coventry bias, just to make it fair Nicholls is a turd. Happy now?! :lol:

:lol: Not nice ... but certainly funny to read wasn't expecting that reply from anyone :lol:

On what grounds Steve? A whim perhaps?

If you actually believe that a rider is under-power while his arse is on the track, then fair play to ya.

I'll stick to my whim and my understanding of the rule.

:rolleyes:

I always thought under power meant racing at racing speed i.e riders get excluded for slowing down to let tac subs through are excluded for not beening under power. :blink:

Topinka and Batchelor really did themselves proud.

Even more so for Troy when it appears he was on borrowed machinery. Not bad when you consider he only lost out getting to the semis on KK's win over him.

Edited to add: full story here :D

Edited by rabbit

I always thought under power meant racing at racing speed i.e riders get excluded for slowing down to let tac subs through are excluded for not beening under power. :blink:

But riders don't get excluded for letting tac subs through or to enable themselves to get bonus points. If they did, Billy Janniro would be excluded all the time!

Surely 'under power' means the bike is 'under power' ie running. Now I'll be honest and say I don't have a rulebook, so if someone could come up with the actual definition of under power from the rulebook and explain to me why Chris was not deemed as under power I will gladly conceed this argument. I freely admit, my argument is based on my interpretation of the phrase as I don't own a rule book. To me, a rider sliding off, keeping the clutch in and getting set to continue his race is 'under power'. It happens all the time.

Steve - He was getting up, ready to continue racing having not left contact with his bike once. It was a pretty tame fall. That's why I think his exclusion was uncalled for. Had Lindgren not fell off, Bomber would have been able to continue. Is your interpretation of the phrase under power based on sound knowledge of the rulebook or, like mine, a personal interpretation of what the phrase 'under power' must mean?

Apart from heats 1-5, this was a pretty good meeting in the end I think :) The condition of the track for heats 1-5 was, to say the least, pretty poor. It was shocking lol. The track normally doesn't look like that. Bend 4, from the home straight, looked very slick to me. Saying that though, the track issue was sorted out in the end and it turned out to be a good night of racing. I must say it would have been better to have had great racing from the start of the meeting, but mistakes happen.

As for certain riders not showing up, well tbh, that was to be expected. I personally wasn't overly disappointed. Having Crump of all people not turn up was probably a let down for many. You pay £20 and for that price you generally expect to see everyone from the original line up there, so when these riders pull out of these meetings, it makes you wonder why you bothered spending £20 on a ticket lol. Anyway, I was personally happy with the line up...all except for Tomas Topinka coming in for Joe Screen, even though Tom did himself proud, proving he can still mix it with the EL stars. Why couldn't Belle Vue send Kevin Doolan or another team member to replace Screen? Too short notice or was no one available because of duty elsewhere i.e Sweden/Poland?

Odd to see two riders being excluded in heat 1 after falling off. Didn't actually see who went off first, so I can't really comment on whether that was the right decision or not. The decision to exclude Travis McGowan for taking too long to get to the tapes was quite harsh. I didn't think they gave him long enough to get ready. He had been out before in the previous heat...

I was cheering on Chris Harris and Davey Watt in particular from the line up, so I'm glad they came 2nd and 4th :D Would have been nice to have seen Davey win it, but thinking about it, seeing as Nicki was the highest scoring rider from the night, it was only fair that he won in the end :P Freddie Lindgren looked good and Troy Batchelor was unfortunate to miss out on a semi final place as Kasprzak (probably spelt that wrong!) beat him.

All in all, a very nice night (except for the first 5 heats as I've said before) and I'm pleased I went :D

The ref really did cock up heat 1

There's no way in the world Harris should have been excluded. Never made contact with the fence or rider and his bike still running

He also cocked up Topinka's exclusion. It was turn 1 and Hans made contact. Re-run all 4 it should have been.