British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bee

Scandinavian Speedway Grand Prix

haha alrite mate yeah my brains are in the right place im going for the bloke that deserves that title the most! not the bloke that has dumby spits every time things dont go he's way!

Funny how in 2007, that's the same person isn't it? Leigh doesn't deserve the world title until he scores the most points in the world championship :rolleyes:

:blink: Poor? There was plenty of passing all the way through. I must have different criteria for entertainment in meetings I watch as I loved the 'ding-dong' battles of pass and re-pass in numerous heats last night.  :unsure:

Passing was late in the meeting.

yeah fair comment but you have 2 give some credit 2 how cose leigh has gotten over the years! and nicki has already got a world title

Funny how in 2007, that's the same person isn't it? Leigh doesn't deserve the world title until he scores the most points in the world championship  :rolleyes:

yeah fair comment but you have 2 give some credit 2 how cose leigh has gotten over the years! and nicki has already got a world title

How Leigh has gone in league racing, yes, but not so much in the GP's. He's been consitantly high but never really a threat for the world title.

Just because Nicki has won one before, doesn't mean he doesn't deserve this one. He's been the mutts nutts this year. If Leigh has the temprament to pull this lead Nicki has back, THEN he deserves the world title.

Personally I thought the track was poor for most of the meeting far too slick, what I cannot understand is why the riders constantly complain about the track's being slicker on raceday than practice. Perhaps they should unite and speak to the authorities or would this just be a waste of time as Ole is producing tracks to suit Nicki Pedersen???

Passing was late in the meeting.

Don't understand some complains about the track. Everyone over here (me, my dad, folks in Canal+) admitted the track had been prepared very well. Lots of passing (as for GP standards of course) from the very beginning (from heat 2 to be precise). I think it was a good balance between a slick track and a track that provides some action.

Just two falls caused by the riders' fault after all. I would compare it to Leszno which was slick too but the meeting was great.

Never mind all that WHO was the startline girl in white?!!! <collapses>

Yup she was the real class act on show :P both of them

Yup she was the real class act on show  :P  both of them

Absolutely stunning. Just Wondering if natural or not.

Anyway, hope that Lawrence, my envoy to the pits, made good use of his camera :D

Never mind all that WHO was the startline girl in white?!!! <collapses>

I think Poole should employ her...

Nowadays Pirates should always have a couple of inflatables ready for when the boat sinks ;)

I think Poole should employ her...

Nowadays Pirates should always have a couple of inflatables ready for when the boat  sinks  ;)

Oh, we bees fans luv winding up them pirate fans eh,they'd best get her in quick cos a tidal wave is heading straight into poole harbour :P : :lol:

Is Hans Andersen destined to become speedways nearly man? There is no doubting his class...but it does seem he lacks the ability to finish the job off.

In the Swedish GP grand final he was leading only for Adams to sweep past him.

In the speedway world cup he was in the final heat with Denmark still in the hunt, but he was a poor third.

At Swindon recently he was involved in a run-off for the aggregate point and even though he lead from the gate he still lost the race. And he admitted in his interview that he had "lost his head"

And it was the same again in the GP last night. He made the final, gated in third place, lost control, Crump went passed and Andersen was stone last. There seems to be a recurring theme here!

P.S. It was a fine meeting with plenty of passing. I really do not know understand all the moaning about it.

Edited by BritPete

It was a fine meeting with plenty of passing. I really do not know understand all the moaning about it.

Only one person has moaned about the meeting, as far as I can see.

The track got some stick (because it could have been so much better) but generally it's been agreed that it was a good meeting.

B)

As for Hans, he lacks the speed he found when he was fired up last year. He's too easy to pass as well...he's gone from being too hard to too soft !

And last night he hugged the kerb and was so slow he caused problems behind him, as they were queueing up to get by, but they daren't leave the inside themselves ! :D

I thought it was quite a good meeting last night and it was especially good to see Mr Gollob back to something like his best.

One thing though, why is it when Speedway riders put on their aggrieved voice it always comes across as a high pitched whinge?

I always thought the Danes voices changed because they are speaking in a foreign language, but I think Crumpy, Adams and Scotty are all guilty of this affectation. Perhaps the best example of all being Rosco.

Certainly makes 'em look a bit daft imo.

yeah well lets hope mr adams can pove you wrong and become a world champion!

he is to good of a rider not 2 win it!

How Leigh has gone in league racing, yes, but not so much in the GP's. He's been consitantly high but never really a threat for the world title.

Just because Nicki has won one before, doesn't mean he doesn't deserve this one. He's been the mutts nutts this year. If Leigh has the temprament to pull this lead Nicki has back, THEN he deserves the world title.

Nicki Pedersen has by far been the best rider in the world this year and just about every rider this season has said it!!! so tell me how the best rider in the world doesnt deserve to be world champion? so he went to complain about being taken out in the semi by the known to be dirty Hans Andersen and if u look at the reply you can clearly c that hans gives him a real big nudge coming out the corner then by the run into the line nicki was vrtually standing on top of his bike because hans had simply left him no room at all and Nicki was already there so it wernt as tho Hans was closing the door as they say!!!

As it happens another brilliant performance from Nicki would have probably gone through the card unbeaten for the 3rd time this year if the Danish cheat Andersen didnt do what he does best!!! and somebody please tell me what rider in the whole world of speedway wouldnt have gone to the phone after that!!!