British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Niclas

Kenneth Bjerre

In the last round of the swedish elitserien Piraterna met Smederna. In the first heat Bjerre and Kosiecha met Kasprzak and Buczkowski. Kasprzak won the start followed by Kosiecha and Bjerre. In the third corner Bjerre was trying to pass Kosiecha on the inside, but Kosiecha didnt notice Bjerre and tried to go at the inside as well. The result was that Bjerre more or less ride into Kosiecha who lost his balance and went straight out in the fence.

Kosiecha was very unlucky and broke the same arm as he hade broken just a few months ago.

Plenty of the fans of Piraterna are very upset about Bjerre way of riding and have declared they dont want to see Bjerre in the Piraterna-team anymore.

The teammanager has asked Bjerre to make a call to Kosiecha and ask him how he is doing but Bjerre refuse to that. According to the media Bjerre doesnt think he is the one to blame for this incident. So the teammanager has decided to dropp Bjerre from the team for the next race. There is also some discussion that Bjerre has been problematic to deal with in the team, that he has been in conflicts with other teammates.

You can have a look at the accident on: http://svt.se/svt/play/video.jsp?a=884873

However, my question is Does Bjerre has a reputation in England of being careless on the track or hard to deal with?

I think he wasn't too high in the Christmas Card list of too many of his ex Belle Vue team mates.

I recall Joe Screen was a particular fan of Mr Sulky Bjerre

Thanks for starting this topic... :D

One more "danedanger" to the list?

I'll cut and paste my take on this from the WWoS which I posted the other day. Just to 'beef' up the thread :)

"Also, a very unlucky Robert Kosiecha managed to break the very same right arm that he broke in the first match of the season in Motala. To make matters worse, he was taken off by team mate Kenneth Bjerre who sent him flying into the fence. After last weeks sulking and negative comments regarding being dropped, Bjerre did his popularity among the Piraterna faithful no favours with this move. Especially as "Kostek" is a real crowd favourite... "

However, my question is Does Bjerre has a reputation in England of being careless on the track or hard to deal with?

Not many people at his old club Belle Vue get on with him. Can be bit of a sulk.

Thanks for starting this topic... :D

One more "danedanger" to the list?

It is strange that the danes are the ones with this reputation. Hans, Nicki, Bjerre and even Bjarne is sometimes involved in crashes (Bjarne was the one who sent Zagar of the track in the Copenhagens GP).

Someone said once that ride and kill is the danish way of speedway (note: my translation).

Kenneth rides for my Polish team - WTS Wroclaw, so I see him very often. I ususally go after meeting to go round the pit and just "take a look over". What I always said was that Kenneth is one of most strange blokes ever seen. He is never smiling, never shows any type of emotions or something. I risk saying that Keneth is the very first mate who leaves pit after matches. I have no clue why it is that way. :)

And to Kosciecha crash... Well, people in Poland already called Bjerre a "bandit", and usually claim that he hit Kostek intentionally. I myself doubt it.

Other thing is that many started to be outraged about fact that Swedish league still does not have an obligation to install air-fences an tracks. Strange...

Pity that Kostek hit that fence with the same arm he broke last time. :/

Kenneth rides for my Polish team - WTS Wroclaw, so I see him very often. I ususally go after meeting to go round the pit and just "take a look over". What I always said was that Kenneth is one of most strange blokes ever seen. He is never smiling, never shows any type of emotions or something. I risk saying that Keneth is the very first mate who leaves pit after matches. I have no clue why it is that way. :)

And to Kosciecha crash... Well, people in Poland already called Bjerre a "bandit", and usually claim that he hit Kostek intentionally. I myself doubt it.

Other thing is that many started to be outraged about fact that Swedish league still does not have an obligation to install air-fences an tracks. Strange...

Pity that Kostek hit that fence with the same arm he broke last time. :/

about airfence its not strange, its expensive most clubs cannot afford it. And also SVEMO is looking on some other alternatives since air fences isnt 100% perfect either (remember Ales Dryml?).

I don't know Bjerre too well, but I will say that as far as I know there have been no problems with him at Peterborough. He talks with other members of the team, I've seen some excellent team riding from him... and he even smiles while in the pits :blink::D

about airfence its not strange, its expensive most clubs cannot afford it. And also SVEMO is looking on some other alternatives since air fences isnt 100% perfect either (remember Ales Dryml?).

Cost is a lame excuse for a league that boasts squads the likes of ours, especially in the eyes of foreign observers, don't you think? Although this is off topic.

Seems little Kenneth isn't making too many friends around the tracks...

Edited by Liverstam

id like to say i have spoken to KB and he seem a really nice lad.

when in the pits i think most riders deal with the 'racing' in diffrent ways some are capable to giggle and have a laugh while still concentrating on the meeting others prefer to be left alone and sit away to focus on the meeting.

i watched the file and from that angle i cant really comment who was in the wrong but it dont look as if he picked up grip or anything just maybe either rider went 'off' line.

i cant remember any bad moment or mood swings the Kennys had!

What was he like at Newcastle then ?

Kenneth is a quiet person,but i wouldn't say he is strange in any way.I guess it depends on who his team mates are.When i have seen him for Esbjerg this year he has been happy enough.Even joking with me about the state of the track when i was talking to Mads.I guess having someone like Mads in the team helps.Of course i don't know,but i would have thought with Hans and Nicolai in the Wroclaw team he is also ok.From what i have seen he gets on ok with both.

And those that share their opinion have been calling Kenneth "lightweight",so it is something of a turnaround for him to be called "danedanger" :o Having watched the video once it seems a bit hard to call.Kenneth is coming into the turn fast and has nowhere to go.If Robert moves in or rides his line it was hard to tell.Don't believe there was any intention from Kenneth.Just one of those things,on first impressions.

In his 3 seasons at Belle Vue Kenneth was very introverted and kept himself to himself. He had a great season for us in 2005 and was unlucky to injure himself towards the end of that season. In 2006 when he came back he wasn't the same rider. Some of his performances were very disappointing and he was being beat by riders he should easily beaten.

Kenneth was partnered with Joe Screen for most of last season and it's fair to say the 2 of them did not see eye to eye. Joe was quite vocal at one stage last season. I would not say Kenneth is a dangerous rider, on occasions, whilst at BV, we were willing him to be that bit tougher at times.

The only reason Kenneth isn't popular amongst Aces supporters is not down to his riding. He was at the dinner dance last year and publicly stated he would be at Belle Vue in 2007. Two weeks later (or something similar) his signing was announced on the Peterborough website. A lot of Belle Vue supporters were annoyed at his lack of loyalty. I'm not saying Kenneth had to stay at Belle Vue but a lot of supporters were angered at the fact they had contributed funds to help him whilst he was injured and he repaid them by wanting a move away.

I wasn't trying to say that Kenneth's behaviour is any strange or something. :) Sometimes it just seems to be little sulky, nothing else. ;) Every rider has his own way of overcoming stresses and stuff.

But I remember when Kenneth was standing on the second step of podium in U-21 Final in 2004 he was more relaxed I guess. :D Anyway, does anyone has seen his younger brother Lasse riding? It seems like we will have another well riding bloke in next couple years. Take a look. Footage from this year Golden Trophy in Czestochowa. LINK