British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Headmistress

Grahame Family

Was interested to see an Alan Grahame and his sidecar passenger Tony Grahame taking part in a national MX meeting in Wales at weekend. Was wondering, as they were from the Brum area, if they could be part of the Grahame speedway family, but when an obvious Andy Grahame stood next to me cheering them on; there could be no doubt.

Apparently the boys have gone back to their roots. The Grahame boys' father Archie was competitive in sidecar motocross.

They finished 11th and 16th in their two races; although they were not regular competitors in this series.

If you ever are in the Pontrilias area - brilliant track for old fashioned scrambling; none of this new fangled open throttle hang on and go flat out MX.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am waiting patiently; I'll wait for the sign......

Edited by Headmistress

Was interested to see an Alan Grahame and his sidecar passenger Tony Grahame taking part in a national MX meeting in Wales at weekend. Was wondering, as they were from the Brum area, if they could be part of the Grahame speedway family, but when an obvious Andy Grahame stood next to me cheering them on; there could be no doubt.

Apparently the boys have gone back to their roots. The Grahame boys' father Archie was competitive in sidecar motocross.

They finished 11th and 16th in their two races; although they were not regular competitors in this series.

If you ever are in the Pontrilias area - brilliant track for old fashioned scrambling; none of this new fangled open throttle hang on and go flat out MX.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am waiting patiently; I'll wait for the sign......

I think I read in an article in Backtrack, that they were still active in sidecars. :D

:blink::blink:

Forever racing these pair of brothers, they can't get it out of their system. Even Arthur Browning of Birmingham 70's fame is still riding trials. :D

Even Arthur Browning of Birmingham 70's fame is still riding trials.  :D

Don't know if Arthur is Road Racing this season but he was flying around Aberdare Park last year on his Jawa engined Road Racer.