British Speedway Forum
Sandie

Indoor Speedway -sun 9th December 07

Hmmm - What a dilema!!

Pulling it back into November would take away the Christmas get together angle. But Im not sure how many think that way. My group does but not sure about others

BUT - November could also encourage a few more who find December a little to busy to fit anything else into.

I guess Martin - whichever date you choose, you will just need to jump in with two feet and give it your best shot, which Im sure you will do.

Remember that we do want the under 15's back in please - they are fab!!

Good luck with your meeting and decision making :)

Not an Easy one but means using the under 15s will make Robs trip home a little later? :)

so it looks like November 29th or December the 6th ?

Edited by Indoorspeedway.co.uk

Not an Easy one but means using the under 15s will make Robs trip home a little later? :)

so it looks like November 29th or December the 6th ?

No, No, No - the under 15's only do the afternoon session.

All it means is that we have less time in Pizza hut between meetings and Im willing to forego my Ice Cream factory if it means we have the youngsters there.

Not sure about London Witch though - you should have seem the amount in her bowl this year!! :P

Dont listen to Rob B - no one else does!! :P:D (Joke Rob!)

November 29th or Dec 6th - Hmm - Well nothing in my diary yet but december 6th is closer to me birthday so we could make it a birthday party.

Does that help Martin!!!!!!!! :D

Personally I would prefer the Saturday due to the kids having to go to school on the Monday, and this year, it was so hard to get them out of bed after not getting in until very late on the Sunday.

As for the date , December 6th looks good!

Would be nice to see the U15's again, not so bothered about less time in between as I think next year we will take a walk along the seafront and pick up some chips instead of going to Pizza hut.

Martin,

I've got to say this, and i'm being honest here. I absolutely hated you as a rider, but as a promoter I think quite a few promoters could learn a lot from you. I take my hat off to you.

There aren't many that would come on here and ask speedway fans what they actually want to and don't want to see from a meeting. We can't fault you for that.

I chose not to come down to Brighton this year. I'd been for the past 3 years and thought that last years event was getting a bit boring and a very long day (That's just my opinion). I'm not overly fussed by the big names being there.. being an Elite League fan I see most riders at least half a dozen times a season, so seeing some new faces is a good thing.

I obviously don't know much about the costs, but if you're going to have 2 meetings, could you not have 1 saturday evening and the other sunday afternoon?? That way while people might have to stay overnight to get to both meetings, they could always choose to attend one or the other depending on what they want to do..

Martin, keep up the good work and I hope that a few promoters start taking a leaf out of your book... oh and you're starting to make me think you're not a bad bloke afterall ;):D

Chivsy.. remind me of that time at Oxford again lol :D

I have to say a big thank you to Martin and his team, my family and I had a great day out once agains at the Brighton Centre and also for the time and effort you guys put into delivering the raffle prize all the way to Chichester, unbelievable, thank you so much.

Finally does anyone have any contact details for Alex Raby, I need to drop him a line regarding press releases.

I love it just how it is. We get the train in the morning, go for Breakfast, look round the stalls, then watch the afternoon event. Go for Luch between meets and watch the evening. Fantastic entertainment and great value. Saturday's are not so good for me, and I look forward to the event every year more than most meetings in the season. Most of the event is pure panto, and I think people like Shawn McConnell and Oli Allen make it for me. Maybe a big name might attract more people but remember Kelly Moran!!!, I would suggest maybe getting more reserves from Elite teams to ride to maybe draw in supporters of those teams (ie don't worry about the unknown poles)

I would like it kept exactly as it is.

I was also very dissapointed by the low number of stands downstairs i think it needs looking at maybe have a day where there is a clearance sale for all track shops free of charge but this part of the event is run by the Speedway star. maybe we need a speedway show at the end of the year at the Centre its free as i hire it for the day so i wont charge them to use it and it would make the event much more of a day out.

Although I've been brought up in speedway since the year dot, I've never been to Brighton for the Indoor Event, my family all go but it's just never appealed to me but, having said that (and this is the really daft bit) IF (now I know this wont appeal to all fans) there were, like you've suggested above a clearance sale from all the track shops I for one would be interested to get some last minute Christmas Speedway presents, if I buy them threw the year I always end up giving them away before Christmas!!!!

Silly reason I know to attend a speedway meeting but it would give me the incentive to go, something similar to what we had at Cardiff a couple of years back under the stadium, I spent a small fortune!!!!

I've got to say this, and i'm being honest here. I absolutely hated you as a rider, but as a promoter I think quite a few promoters could learn a lot from you. I take my hat off to you.

:lol: Tell it how it is Jay, I didn't like Martin as a rider but then I had a good excuse being a Canterbury fan! :wink: also although far too young to remember his Dad riding :wink: He took my Uncle off a few times and was never forgiven for it :lol:

I'd better add this bit before the stirrers get on here MR DUGARD IF YOU EVER MAKE A COME BACK IN SPEEDWAY I WANT MY MONEY BACK FROM YOUR FAREWELL MEETING :wink:

Martin, I promise to bring Jay to the meeting next year (but I wont pay for him!!) and I will make sure he introduces himself!!! :o:D

Thats another 100 bought and paid for tickets - That event could be nearly as good as the riding itself!!! :D

I nearly met Martin at Oxford one night lol

Now I'd definitely be there next year if Jay was being introduced to his "hero" on the centre plastic :D

I also couldn't stand you as a rider - whether you rode for Oxford or Eastbourne!! however 2 specific things spring to mind.

One meeting at Eastbourne when you single handedly beat Greg, Billy and everything else they could throw at you - which made our journey home a very long one............

And the 2nd one - I turned up at Brandon absolutely gutted that you had been chosen to guest for us...........but you were the only rider in a Bees racejacket that night to show any kind of fight - and I think you won the rider of the night award - £100 quid or summat like that.

So based on the above 2 memories - I might come back down to Brighton next year after going for the previous 3. :wink:

And as for nearly meeting Martin one night - there were a few of us who were enjoying his teddy being thrown out the pram on his way back into the pits after a race at Oxford.............i'm allowed to say that after the praise above :D

Are you feeling the love on this forum Mr Dugard?? :D

Edited by Sandie

Hi Martin As a Brighton virgin may I say what a great day out it was! Has a brilliant time oh did I get a buzz when the mini-bus dropped us off at the back entrance and all the bikes were revving up, I was in Hog Heaven! Felt like a teenager at her first pop concert ha ha.

Loved Charlie Fox and the whole caboodle....... shame about the last race though felt it went on far too long looked like it was definately fixed for Kennet to win. Loved the Red and Yellow cards.

Can't wait for you to bring it to the NEC hopefully in the not too distant future!

Keep it on the Sunday and maybe end Nov/ beg Dec quite a few off our forum said it was a no go what with christmas coming up!

By the way hope your foot is on the mend now and thank you for a cracking day out!

Hmm Saturday or Sunday? Positives and negatives for both, but would probably prefer Saturday no work next day for majority of people could go back to 3.00 and 7.30 start.

Are you feeling the love on this forum Mr Duggard?? :D

He'd probably feel it a little bit more if you spelt his name right Sandie or was you thinking of another promoter there :wink::P:lol:

He'd probably feel it a little bit more if you spelt his name right Sandie or was you thinking of another promoter there :wink:  :P  :lol:

ooops - embarrassed smilie needed!! Sorry :oops: :oops: