British Speedway Forum

Neils K Iversen

Lukas Dryml

Bjarne Pedersen keeps his place

Will Fredrik Lindgren get nominated as the second Swede for 2008 ?

Who will be out from this year ?

Iversen is inconsistent as ever and will struggle. What an achievement by Dryml to get back in the GPs after his injuries. He might struggle on the Olsen prepared concrete. Pedersen might do a bit better if no1 at a new club in 2008. I don't get Lindgren at all and would rather see Nicholls.

Edited by Finchy

Think you have it spot on there Finchy, although I'm loathe to agree about Bjarne even though my head says you might be right, the Pirate part of me says no way José!! Really pleased for Lukas, he's been dealt a bum hand with injuries and persoanl circumstances in the last 3 years - it all started with that horrific crash in Slovenia. I hope he does well - to think he was leading the series for a while. Good luck to him. :approve:

Edit: Think you'll see Lindgren handed a spot tbh

Edited by rabbit

The Danes have just got one of the Brits places.  Expect Lindgren, AJ, Kasprzak and Zagar as wildcards.

Don't think so! Pretty certain the Brits will continue to have 2 spots. Can't see Zagar getting nominated in front of people who are well ahead of him in this years series.

i think lubos should also be given a chance... hes proved tonight hes got what he takes, only losing it in a run off...

if the brits would do the qualifier i might agree to put one of them in as a wild card. but i personally think that they think they'll get it handed to them on a plate and i dont think thats the way it should be. :unsure:

Jonsson, Hampel& Nicholls wiil all have a nomination if they fail to get 8th spot IMO. This will leave 2 places for either of Holta Jagus(assuming they don't get 8th),KK & Lindgren ,although Bjerre has staked his claim tonight.Gee it's tough innnit

Edited by colincooke

It really does depend on who makes it into the top 8. If Nicholls doesnt then he will get a W/C, the biggest upset could be what Pole will lose out...I think Rune deserves his place but Hampel has been unlucky with injuries, while Jagus had a massive knock at the first Swedish GP. Then theres KK! AJ will be in, my heart wants Freddie to get seeded but id prefer him to qualify when hes truely ready to make an impact, at the moment hes probably too young. We will see!

PUK ...Hard to say dont think he will be amazing but definety better than Zager and Lindback

Dryml...I cant see him doing well. He is too erratic.

Bjarne...May well get his finger out and perform better but I think he could of done with a year out of it personally.

Edited by superguest

if the likes of nicholls , jonsson , hampel , holta & jagus don`t finish in the top 8 this year do they really deserve to get wild cards for next year all this same or similiar riders keep getting nominted every or so it seems . if this is the trend why not make the top 10 qualify , this could get speedway into another laughing stock !

if the likes of nicholls , jonsson , hampel , holta & jagus don`t finish in the top 8 this year do they really deserve to get wild cards for next year all this same or similiar riders keep getting nominted every or so it seems .
The GP would be the top 15 riders in the World, so even of a rider does not finish in the top 8, he may still fit that criteria so DOES deserve a nomination. :rolleyes:

if the likes of nicholls , jonsson , hampel , holta & jagus don`t finish in the top 8 this year do they really deserve to get wild cards for next year all this same or similiar riders keep getting nominted every or so it seems . if this is the trend why not make the top 10 qualify , this could get speedway into another laughing stock !

AJ has had one bad year and your crucifying him :blink:

That's the end of Scott Nicholls is he doesn't finish in the top 8!  Pressures on him now!

I agree. If the former British champion doesn't make the top eight, that's him out of the GPs.

Zagar qualified by right for this season and surely deserves a second chance. After all, how many chances has the former British champion had?

That leaves any 1 from Jagus, Holta and Hampel in my book.

Think this may well be the final place up for grabs and they wont want to go without Hampel

01 Nicki Pedersen DK

02 Leigh Adams AUS

03 Hans Andersen DK

04 Jason Crump AUS

05 Tomasz Gollob POL

06 Greg Hancock USA

07 Chris Harris ENG

08 Jarek Hampel POL

09 Neils K Iversen DK

10 Lukas Dryml CZR

11 Bjarne Pedersen DK

12 Andreas Jonsson SWE

13 Scott Nicholls ENG

14 Fredrik Lindgren SWE

15 Jagus or Holta POL

OUT = Zagar, Linback and Jagus/Holta

However, does anyone get the feeling Greg Hancock may step down at the end of the season ?

This would mean 4 Danes, 3 (or 4) Poles, 2 Aussies, 2 Brits, 2 Swedes, 1 Czech and (possibly) 1 American.

This would then allow Jagus and Holta to both line up again.