British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crouch

Pete Redfern Memorial Meeting

Former founding shareholder, Pete Redfern, will have a meeting dedicated to him on the Isle of Wight on Tuesday 25th September.

Pete was a Promoter at both Rye House and Oxford, Craig Boyce's first ever sponsor, and has been instrumental in helping many young Riders starting off their careers.

To try out some new talent, and provide a completely unpredictable nights Speedway, a challenge match has been devised.

We have 2 Team Managers on the Island, Martin Newnham and myself.

Martin runs the Home meetings and I run the Aways.

We will therefore be running as the HOME side, Martins Mad Dogs and the AWAY Team will be Crouchers Cougars.

Team Managers will be appointed by the Team Sponsors who are Osborne Garage and Acorn Care Service.

Riders to have accepted invitations so far include:

Cory Gathercole

Casper Wortman

Krys Stojanowski

James Holder

Robert Mear

Andy Bargh

Glen Phillips

Jesper Christiansen

Chris Johnson

Sam Martin

Terry Day

Dan Halsey

Teams will be drawn by ballot from the list above - so no favoritism :approve:

Members of Pete's family will be there along with former Islanders Captains, Ray Morton and Craig Boyce.

We have also been promised the company of another great mate of Pete's, Lord Bernard Crapper of Oxford provided he can stay off the Whisky that day :rolleyes:

All of you who knew Pete, please come along and enjoy an evening that Pete would have been proud of, and say a thank you to a hard working Speedway character who was one of the great givers to the sport.

Those of you who didn't know Pete, just come along and enjoy a different nights Speedway and see how some of the new kids go around the 385 Mtr Track at Smallbrook that has provided such great racing again this year.

Look forward to seeing you.

# Name Removed #.

I can now confirm that next weeks Pete Redfern Memorial Meeting will include the following Riders.

Joni Keskinen

Robert Mear

Cory Gathercole

Patrick Hougaard

James Holder

Casper Wortman

Glen Phillips

Sam Martin

Krys Stojanowski

Tero Aarnio

Andy Bargh

Jesper Christiansen

Chris Johnson

Terry Day

Sam Hurst

Dan Halsey

A very unpredictable meeting is in store.

14 of the above Riders will be split into two 7 man Teams for a full 15 Heat Challenge Match.

Should be a good night.

Crouch.

Edited by Crouch

Bit of a varied line-up there Crouch, but looking forward to seeing some fair and honest speedway for a change ;)

Bit of a varied line-up there Crouch, but looking forward to seeing some fair and honest speedway for a change ;)

I get the point :rolleyes: , it will at the very least be fair and honest.

The whole point is to use some of our lads as yardsticks to gauge the new lads, hence the wide difference in experience and ability.

We might just find ourselves with an out and out Superstar on the night, in which case the Pens will be out before the ferry sails to get a signature on a contract.

We will see ;)

I cant wait to hear Bryn announce next years team if its got any of these in it :-

Joni Keskinen

Patrick Hougaard

Tero Aarnio

Jesper Christiansen

:D

I cant wait to hear Bryn announce next years team if its got any of these in it :-

Joni Keskinen

Patrick Hougaard

Tero Aarnio

Jesper Christiansen

:D

Sadist! :angry:

a few new foreign names there, but would of been nice to see some new young brits given a go, and sure redders would of as well, but will still be interesting event and hope people turn up in memory of pete.

support a supporter of speedway.

a few new foreign names there, but would of been nice to see some new young brits given a go, and sure redders would of as well

There were a lot more Brits got invited than accepted the invitation unfortunately.

I've done the best I could with only a fortnight to get it all put into place.

That includes FIM inscription, Sposorship and having Race Jackets made.

I am sure Pete would have understood.

D C

Tero Aarnio looked impressive in his second half rides at Plymouth last night.

Edited by NJT

Can we use season tickets tonight or not ?

If not, how much are admission prices ?

I think its a good idea having this sort of meeting to look at future riders, and sign them up if they are any good.

Thanks alot.

Another meeting where Aarnio should be challenging for the win behind Hougaard.

I have to admit though that I havent seen half of these riders, just judging by results I've seen.

QUOTE(brewer @ Sep 21 2007, 09:35 PM)

a few new foreign names there, but would of been nice to see some new young brits given a go, and sure redders would of as well

There were a lot more Brits got invited than accepted the invitation unfortunately.

I've done the best I could with only a fortnight to get it all put into place.

That includes FIM inscription, Sposorship and having Race Jackets made.

I am sure Pete would have understood.

D C

IOW promotion also asked my son to ride (he's been practicing there recently), but were blocked because of his age/licence, so fair play they did want young brits, i will back that up. still looking forward to meeting, pete will be proud.

Edited by future

Another meeting where Aarnio should be challenging for the win behind Hougaard.

I have to admit though that I havent seen half of these riders, just judging by results I've seen.

He'll have no chance. :D Finish behind not only Hougaard,but Wortmann and Kristiansen as well.Hope they have spelt Jesper's race-jacket right though :P

Is there a upate tonight ?