British Speedway Forum
Steve Turner

Final Gp, From Germany

Can anybody tell me what is on the back of the gelsenirchen ticket.I think it means free travel in the ruhr on the day of the grand prix or is there something more in it that that

Can anybody tell me what is on the back of the gelsenirchen ticket.I think it means free travel in the ruhr on the day of the grand prix or is there something more in it that that

yes it does.

Check out the other Gelsenkirchen threads - there is info on there about it.

We staying in essen and I understand we qualify for it :D

Edit- found it here

Edited by Sandie

On the day you can travel on all the normal trains.

You can't use the fast ones. ICE.

Don't pass it on but the ticket checks on the trains can be few and far between. ;)

Lorry trailers with the fence and air fence parked in the middle, amazing how the pitch rolls under one of the grandstands.

Lindbäck have declared Himself out of the Dollar-meeting. He will be replaced of the oldier man PK at Gelsenkirchen.

I thought this was on tonight!, just looking on tv guide, for a minute thought the gps was done for this season. :o

Looks like Schalke are playing at the moment, wonder what the refresh rate is on the webcam.

Will be interesting to see what the attandance is for the GP.I see on the Veltins Arena site that there are already 30,000 tickets sold for the stock cars a week later and 33,000 tickets for the Biathlon WTC in December :unsure:

http://www.veltins-arena.de/

Will be interesting to see what the attandance is for the GP.I see on the Veltins Arena site that there are already 30,000 tickets sold for the stock cars a week later and 33,000 tickets for the Biathlon WTC in December :unsure:

I hear there will be a lot of Crump and Adams fans there that night as they have no interest anymore in a certain Rugby semi final now :D:D:D

Does the world service cover sports commentary?? :D

Edited by Sandie

I'm a little rusty with my German, but according to this,

that is all that has been sold so far.

Embarrassingly, it's going to appear a lot less in such a large stadium.

Clearly the prospect of seeing 'Right Said Fred' has deterred tens of thousands from going.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Looks like Schalke are playing at the moment, wonder what the refresh rate is on the webcam.

Just got in a short while ago (nearly 3am). I promise i am sober, but where has the football pitch gone?.

They lost 2-0 to Karlschule (sp?).

Embarrassingly, it's going to appear a lot less in such a large stadium.

I was told by a German footie fan if they tagged the event 'presented by Schalke FC', it would see a sell-out.