British Speedway Forum

Stiltonpanther - you're right there. Robert Lambert was certainly looking impressive - I'd imagine in 10 years time he'll definitely be one to look out for.

Anyway.. Good racing, good fireworks. Enjoyable day..

And the last race was certainly entertaining thanks to Mr. Bridger. :)

First attempt Laurence had engine problems a-plenty.

Later on it was completed, with Mike winning, but both staying on for 4 laps.

Steve Hone and Colin Cage also raced at the end. (And Steve stayed on his bike for all 4 laps!)

Not sure how much was raced etc.

Edited by rhidassa

Steve Hone and Colin Page also raced at the end. (And Steve stayed on his bike for all 4 laps!)

Not sure how much was raced etc.

it was Colin Cage from Norwich New Stars Grasstrack, former Mildenhall rider too.

for me getting on the track it was over £100 raised which i am really pleased with, and many thanks to Wayne Dunworth for everything.

and rhidassa, you better remind your old man to pay up on Wednesday :D

My mistake, correction made. Reminder made, he just nodded. :P

Wow, what a bumper motorcycling afternoon, 16 heats of senior speedway racing, 8 heats of junior grasstrackers including the number 2 in GB in his class, Robert Lambert, very impressive young man!, 2 CL heats and 3 old codgers heats :approve:

There were some very competative heats in the main meeting, especially the last one which was a classic thanks to the efforts of Lewis Bridger, Leigh Lanham, Tacey and Iversen with Lanham not being denied! Also cost Trevor Swales another tenner for Steady as apparently for every heat that a Peterborough rider wasn't placed he pledged a note, nice touch!

So the newest track record is 49.81 seconds by Kenneth Bjerre, bet it will stand for some time!!

It was EASY, EASY, EASY for MB in his match races with Laurence, obviously been practising hard eh Mike .................... and another KL win!!!!

The other match race between Honie and Colin errr?? was fun, pleased to say that Honie stayed aboard the bike and even got the back wheel out a couple of times, well done that man ............... stupid but brave haha I owe ya, or rather Steady, some dosh!!

I forgot to mention to fireworks which were ACE ............ A1!!

Edited by Trees

TBH bloke, I was a little worried you might fall off and do yourself some mischief, relieved u stayed upright lol

Apparently I got the Trev Swales donation thing wrong, apparently the whole team were gonna pay a tenner if anyone scored a duck egg .......... hehehehe £20 a piece then!!!

Not a bad meeting, although it was a shame that Mildenhall came 4th in the finish.

Chris Schramm was excellent again around West Row - SIGN HIM UP MAIN MAN!!

Not a bad meeting, although it was a shame that Mildenhall came 4th in the finish.

Chris Schramm was excellent again around West Row - SIGN HIM UP MAIN MAN!!

But.. But... We want him. ;)

Good to see both Horton brothers really getting into the spirit of the Big Bang by turning up in fancy dress, Colin coming as one of the blues brothers and Mick as a fluffy rabbit

LMAO

Great afternoon though, and the fireworks were excellent, a fine end to a difficult but enjoyable season. Well done Simon, Mainman, Blane ETC

Meant to add loved Longy's comment at the start along the lines that he had to explain to Tacey that the Big Bang wa sinfact a Speedway Meeting LMAO

Excellent end to a long hard season. Well done to Simon, Laurence, Blane, Dub, Vic, Nikko and all the trackstaff etc who have ensured we have had some fine meetings to enjoy.

Hopefully the crowds will continue to improve, and now sponsors will start to come back to Mildenhall and help secure a stable future for the club.

Today was excellent, track record broken 3 times, some very competitive racing, a few laughs and a brilliant firework display to send everyone home happy for the winter.

The youngsters too put on a fine show to add to the entertainment and as said the fancy dress was another little sideshow lmao!!

I really enjoyed my day out today!

I had been told that Mildenhall produces some great racing (last time I had been there I was in a pushchair!) and I definately wasnt disappointed.

Loved the racing, Loved the fireworks and its great that all that money was raised for Stead