British Speedway Forum
Blazeaway

Leszno Gp May 10th 2008

Okay, finals - tell me how many finals? Nevermind semi-finals, they're irrelevent. Finals, how many? You might be surprised.

Don't have the answer just interest in your comments, and got me wondering, I still think that semi's and finals, would be an interesting stat, I will say though that Scott has been very disappointing so far this series and in this Grand Prix he looked absolutely awful.

Also did he not qualify for this series outright finishing 8th in the last series.

Edited by spin king

By the way, just in case you don't know, young fellow, the answer is that he's made just SEVEN final appearances.

Cheers a long time anyone called me young fellow. :wink:

Also did he not qualify for this series outright finishing 8th in the last series.

Well, his statistics for final appearances is SEVEN in FIFTY-NINE Grands Prix. That's not good, is it?

Yes, he qualified for this year, largely by knocking Harris flying in Germany last year. But he shouldn't have been in after failing to qualify for last season and the season before that. If it wasn't for his nationality, he'd only have about half the appearances he has.

Harsh!

The P'boro v Eastbourne match on Sky was good.

Nicholls has topped the qualifying scorers and picked the wrong gate position in the past. He's also made the rostrum a few times.

I've got that one up next on the Big Screen (after NASCAR Piston :oops: sorry, Sprint Cup live from Darlington,) courtesy of some Pommy Pals - ta Dave, leave some of that cheap Polish Beer for ME!! :lol: - forgotten the score already, don't spoil it; watched Belle Vue v Poole last night that wasn't too bad either. :approve:

Well, his statistics for final appearances is SEVEN in FIFTY-NINE Grands Prix. That's not good, is it?

Yes, he qualified for this year, largely by knocking Harris flying in Germany last year. But he shouldn't have been in after failing to qualify for last season and the season before that. If it wasn't for his nationality, he'd only have about half the appearances he has.

Possibly you might be right in saying that he is not good enough, still would like to see how many semi's he has made, if you reach a semi final then you have the potential to make a final.

I do think that if he does not qualify for the Grand Prix next season, then I think he should maybe consider stepping aside and giving someone else a chance.

Scott actually has a relatively good record at reaching semi's but this just highlights the problem for me. He doesnt make many finals because he always only just squeezes into the semi after dramatically improved 4th and 5th rides and gets a duff gate pick.

Why does he start gp's with poor setups? From that moment on he is chasing the right setup and makes life difficult for himself. The frequency that this happens is pretty astounding and things are just not right in his camp

Of course it also doesnt help that he is not the best gater and manages to gate even worse when he is on the better performing gate. :rolleyes:

I'm a big Scotty fan when he is at the top of his game and the machinery is right..... despite him usually having to do it from the back while I shout at the tv!..... but I do wonder at the professionalism over the last couple of seasons and whether standards and preparation have dropped or not

Typical nonsense from the Turnip. Probably distraught at the failure of the former British champion.

Any useful knowledge you may divulge on this forum is negated by your personal diatribes towards Scott Nicholls.

Lets face it, in April you called Lee Richardson as the British Number 1, based on his performances in Poland. The same week he got dropped by his Polish team. You will make an argument to suit your own ends, but that is it. How many semi's did Lee get to?

You also seem to watch Speedway via TV or internet at the highest level? How many EL matches have you been to? How many GPs have you been to? Well I went to Eskilstuna when your so-called British Number 1 went 0,0,0,0, oh and, 0.

I've got that one up next on the Big Screen (after NASCAR Piston :oops: sorry, Sprint Cup live from Darlington,) courtesy of some Pommy Pals - ta Dave, leave some of that cheap Polish Beer for ME!! :lol: - forgotten the score already, don't spoil it; watched Belle Vue v Poole last night that wasn't too bad either. :approve:

You are to late Dave me Brian Jean and the rest of the crew have just about drunk the place dry of to Rybnik for a league match today you must get out here next year and travel with us PS the next editions on disc are on there way to you

Any useful knowledge you may divulge on this forum is negated by your personal diatribes towards Scott Nicholls.

Lets face it, in April you called Lee Richardson as the British Number 1, based on his performances in Poland. The same week he got dropped by his Polish team. You will make an argument to suit your own ends, but that is it. How many semi's did Lee get to?

You also seem to watch Speedway via TV or internet at the highest level? How many EL matches have you been to? How many GPs have you been to? Well I went to Eskilstuna when your so-called British Number 1 went 0,0,0,0, oh and, 0.

I would have thought that watching the meetings on TV would mean you had a better view of the entire meeting. My example would be the heat 15 incident at Blunsdon on Thursday and the semi-final incident last night, on Thursday all I saw from the home straigt was Harris going fast under Batchelor and what looked like contact, but having just watched the repeat of last night I saw several different camera angles and could make an educated decision on what happened as opposed to guesswork.

Apologise for any spelling mistakes just done a 12 hour night shift then watched the GP.

Clunsey (tired, and overworked) :cry:

My understanding was that rico would not ride for his polish club on a matter of princeable over him not wanting to take the place of a rider who had rode well the week before .

Richardson been a world champion at speedway won a elrc and scored a worldcup max thou i like nicholls he will never match what Richardson has done .

Yet another perfectly decent speedway meeting followed by people coming on here and saying it was rubbish. What is this? Some sort of anti-speedway orchestrated campaign or something?

Great to see Leigh win. Let's hope he can do more of the same this year and finally get the title he deserves.

The crash in the semi was Nicki's fault. In fact, I think he "played" for it - like a footballer taking a dive for a penalty. Worked though. Can't really criticise him.

I mean, look at these pictures. In the first they are away from the white line and Nicki looks over and sees Crump.

npjc1.jpg

Now look where they are in the second, when contact is made. Totally Nicki's fault, and he even looked like he laid the bike down.

npjc2.jpg

He was dropped after poor meeting, only a fool would think it was on Richardson's terms. Idiot.

Well everyone in the speedway star must an idiot as there was a bit piece on the subject , lee would not ride for them thou they wanted him to as he felt it would unfair on another rider

Try to keep up to speed with events then you won't look so foolish next time .