British Speedway Forum

Being a STFC fan, god help me, I went to cheer on the boys. Haven't seen them for two years so turned up. £21 to get in, Bouirnemouth said before hand if more than a 1000 Swindon turn up, we are in trouble. Well 1400 turned up and they had two serving coffee and pies. Got in the queue, but when the teams came out I gace up and went back to my seat. Glad I did as we xcored two mins later.

Crap football. Long ball from Sturrock (now gone) and only two reall decent players ( Corr and Ifil) The rest are hit and hope. New owner Fitton and his consortium are worth over 500 million.

Get the money out boys. It's needed big time. £21 to get in. £3 for a program. Crap football. Waste of my time . Waste of money.

Poole. First meeting of the season. £25 to get in with program. Top riders. Very exciting final. No comparison. At all.

GUarentee a thriller at Poole even if there are naysayers on here.

My money is on Nicki Pedersen and woe betide any ride who dares to try and pass him. Can't wait for one of them to try it. Hope the safety fence is pumped right up.

The likelyhood that the poole meeting will have half the field pull out before the start and the chances are that is likely to be cold of even belting down with rain and has a good chance of being called off .

The poor tickets sales show that people we wait intill the last moment to check weather the riders will turn up and keep an eye on the weather .to buy a ticket in advance is madness.

You are a cheerful little soldier today aren't you? :rolleyes:

I'd say over a thousand advance ticket sales was pretty good, that's about 1/5 or 1/6 of them sold two and a half months before the event. Expect people will carry on buying them up to the day so if they can flog nearly 50% in advance that's guaranteed cash in thw bank.

And you really think riders will pull out from a meeting with that prize money up for grabs...I thought you knew riders and the way their minds work. ;)

Is Hampel still in the line up? there is no mention of him as a confirmed starter on the Poole website.

Haven't heard that he's not going to be there - don't think that the names in the news article are the definitive list though - Adam Shields isn't on there either and I'm positive he was also named previously. :)

Haven't heard that he's not going to be there - don't think that the names in the news article are the definitive list though - Adam Shields isn't on there either and I'm positive he was also named previously.  :)

Thanks Rabbit. If he's in i may just make the trip to see what shape he's in :wink:

Both Hampel and Sheilds are riding.

Matt has had a load of rider phone him desperate to take part. This isn't the ELRC. too much money at stake to miss out on a berth. The chance is there for every one of them. Could run a few qualifiers in the morning with the riders wanting to take part.

A bit of luck, good riding and an ef at the right time could see an underdog into the final. Then a tangle and a rider excluded. A good gate, ride high wide and handsome, and shock horror, a rider who was give no chance walks away with a years salary.

Highly unlikely but it could happen.

Both Hampel and Sheilds are riding.

Your very fast with news mate, I before E in Shields btw :D .

See you there mate

Bought my tickets and really looking forward to the meeting .........

But still feel something could have been done for family tickets .

To spend £150 for a family of 5 to sit in the grandstand before buying refreshments

is a lot for many . ( £165 with BIC's cut )

Surely a family ticket could have been on sale , like at the G.P's. :unsure:

Edited by tony159

To spend £150 for a family of 5 to sit in the grandstand before buying refreshments

Why not wait to see if the meetings any good and watch the DVD at £15 if its not rained off in front of the TV............ AND PUT THE OTHER £150 TOWARDS A SEASON TICKET

Edited by Eastie

Blimey £165 should buy you the stadium ! ;)

Its funny that I read on here that £25 is far too expensive etc etc ( and yes I do understand what its like to have tight finances) yet I went to football yesterday and saw families there, and they pay this every two weeks to watch their team at home.

So why do people pay it happily every other week to watch third rate football, but refuse to pay it for a one off speedway meeting featuring the worlds best riders in the sports biggest prize?

Are speedway fans really that tight, or does this forum just attract all the moaners and groaners?

Its funny that I read on here that £25 is far too expensive etc etc ( and yes I do understand what its like to have tight finances) yet I went to football yesterday and saw families there, and they pay this every two weeks to watch their team at home.

So why do people pay it happily every other week to watch third rate football, but refuse to pay it for a one off speedway meeting featuring the worlds best riders in the sports biggest prize?

Are speedway fans really that tight, or does this forum just attract all the moaners and groaners?

Maybe just maybe they like to support there team so they don't bust rather than fill riders pockets who no longer want to ride in the uk.

It's called being loyal to to your club something that some in this line up would know nothing about .

Steve please dont compare football with speedway . (Better class of person at speedway ) . ;)