British Speedway Forum

I am comparing the cost of a second division football match with a top speedway event. The price is similar.

Now how much would it cost to go watch Chelsea every week, or Arsenal?

£40? £50?

yet they are packed out with 40,000 plus. Not many fans moaning about paying that every two weeks. yes football is a different beast, but people are still prepared to put their hands in their pockets every fortnight.

Steve please dont compare football with speedway . (Better class of person at speedway ) .  ;)

Oh I don't know about that, I wouldn't mind getting some chanting back on the terraces at Poole, we've already had the booing maybe we can take it a step up.

Oh I don't know about that, I wouldn't mind getting some chanting back on the terraces at Poole, we've already had the booing maybe we can take it a step up.

The booing is not of a vitriolic nature , more pantomine . I`m all for chanting / cheering as long as it is not offensive .

The booing is not of a vitriolic nature , more pantomine . I`m all for chanting / cheering as long as it is not offensive .

The booing was for bjarne pedersen yes poole fans booing their own riders. ;)

The booing was for bjarne pedersen yes poole fans booing their own riders.  ;)

Don't forget Craig Watson, he got a booing too. Very pantomime :unsure:

Edited by Hector

Why not wait to see if the meetings any good and watch the  DVD at £15 if its not rained off in front of the TV............ AND PUT THE OTHER £150 TOWARDS A SEASON TICKET

Bet if it was at the mecca of speedway called Arlington you'd have got your ticket already. Best you stick to conference league footie for your £9.50. Personally I'd say that was a rip-off :P

The booing was for bjarne pedersen yes poole fans booing their own riders.  ;)

Don't worry, we're not selective, opposition riders get the treatment too ;)

Maybe just maybe they like  to support there team so they don't bust rather than fill riders pockets who no longer want to ride in the uk.

Blimey, time fora lie down. Agree with you 100% Orion

Just maybe people are thinking that is there is such a vast amount of money available in British Speedway it could be better directed than to people who will give nothing back to British Speedway in 2008

12 British riders in the EL and Poole are almost sure to give £60k to a foreigner who will thanks very much and return only for Cardiff while ripping off British fans to pay for it

The argument would be the same whoever the team were holding the meeting but for me there are far better uses for a sponsor willing to give £60k. Just think, Poole could run a team in the Conference League

Edited by Chris Brown

Who will be in for the booing in 2008?

1/3 favourite Craig Watson, followed by

Suchecki 4/6

Come on folks get your money on and the outsider to get booed is

Karol Zabik at 6/1

Taking this off on a tangent, has anyone watched the youtube footage of Leszno winning the Polish league (well I think that was what I watched, can't understand Polish lol), what with their chanting, gold foil sheets and red flares, what an atmosphere!!

I am comparing the cost of a second division football match with a top speedway event. The price is similar.

Now how much would it cost to go watch Chelsea every week, or Arsenal?

£40? £50?

yet they are packed out with 40,000 plus. Not many fans moaning about paying that every two weeks. yes football is a different beast, but people are still prepared to put their hands in their pockets every fortnight.

It's not a top speedway event though is it, it's an overpriced open meeting. :rolleyes:

OK I will bite.

Not a top speedway event? Only the Cardiff meeting is bigger. In fact this Poole meeting will have a bigger lineup than the Cardiff event. And bigger prize money.

You have said on numerous occassions on this thread that the event stinks and is an overpriced waste of time. You are not attending, so why slag it off at every opportunity?

There are many fans looking forward to this event and its a great way to start the season. If this event had been held at Lakeside you would have been crowing from the rooftops, but instead you come across as some depressed saddo and the old miserable type of fan speedway really doesn't need.

You have made your point. You are not coming to the meeting. Now move on and leave this thread to people who want to talk about it. Because you sound like a stuck record.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

It's not a top speedway event though is it, it's an overpriced open meeting. :rolleyes:

Crikey, agreeing with Orion and KevH in the same thread.

That was certainly a bite Steve and IMO a bit OTT. Because the odd person holds an opinion which attacks your beloved Poole they are a Saddo.

Get a grip mate !

Ticket sales are good and the expenses have nearly been covered already.

Wasnt Matt saying ticket sales had reached 4 figures - another way of saying 1000, now as you constantly tell us you bring in the biggest crowds way above that figure I would also suggest sales have not yet taken off.

Edited by Sky Blue Bee

Wasnt Matt saying ticket sales had reached 4 figures - another way of saying 1000, now as you constantly tell us you bring in the biggest crods way above that figure I would also suggest sales have not yet taken off.

Based on what ? and who cares.

Steve has a point IMO if you aren't interested in the meeting don't post don't go, its that simple