British Speedway Forum

i had exactly the same opinion as you but believe me in the last third of last season he was one of panthers most entertaining riders which was totaly different to guy who i was cursing at the beginning of the season.Im hoping for big things from the midget this year!

I have nothing against Bjerre, but he always rides the same when I see him and today was no different. His one win today wasa gift. Holder, Bjerre, Bjarne, Crump. Crump tapes, Exc. Rerun. Crump moves, bjrne tapes, Crump and Bjarne excluded. Only Holder with him off the tapes and Bjerre traps and just holdes Noddy off. Crump and Bjarne out of it.

If you see him every week you might see something others don't. Today he looked like the same Bjerre we see every time at Poole. If he gates he is fast and hard to beat. Miss it and nowhere.

Nearly right.Crump moved,the ref held the start up,then BP touched the tapes.Crump moved by about a metre.

But you have just admitted it, Bjarne touched the tapes, Crump didn't force him to touch the tapes because he was 15m back.

some fans were missing as they may have fancied travelling down today from the north but as they would have only got there at around 2pm along with me and another 10 fans were probably worried about there being no tickets left and a wasted journey (mainly due to the scaremongering done by some poole fans)i.e fans at stadium before 10am.

Didn't know until midday that I would be free this afternoon so could'nt buy tickets in advance, so took a quick look on the forum to make sure everything was still on at Wimborne Road. Saw comments that people were already queueing to get in an hour or so earlier, so decided it was a no-go for my wife and myself. Only an hours drive from home, but not worth it if the place is full and no chance of getting in. My fault, I guess, for taking notice of some of the rubbish spouted about the sold-out situation. I wonder how many others, like us, would have gone if they knew they could have got in with no trouble.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.........Shovlar damages Matt Ford and Mike Golding's business .........in fact I'd say they should consider a compensation claim. :unsure:

Very impressed with the Dave Lanning /Nij double act. Really worked and when he was having a go at Frank E after the Crump incident was hysterical!

Hi Rabbit what was said? I couldn't hear because the bloody speaker in our part of the grandstan wasn't working properly!

QUOTE (Rob B @ Mar 9 2008, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But you have just admitted it, Bjarne touched the tapes, Crump didn't force him to touch the tapes because he was 15m back.

True. But Crump moved first, so shuld have been the man excluded for moving, not Bjarne, as he moved second.

I've just read some of the most recent posts above. I don 't agree at all that the good racing came in the first 8 heats (this just proves that you weren't very well informed, Colin, IMO) - during this time it was far more processional than later on. The second half gave FAR superior racing.

It was one of the few bits I did hear today - Dave Lanning said it was a diabolical decision and was ranting and raving. He wanted to know if all four touched the tapes whether they'd be starting in the car park! ;)

I've just read some of the most recent posts above. I don 't agree at all that the good racing came in the first 8 heats (this just proves that you weren't very well informed, Colin, IMO) - during this time it was far more processional than later on. The second half gave FAR superior racing.

Hmmm...tough call this Fox. Heat 1 started well with some good dicing throughout and I thought there were some good battles interlaced throughout the meeting. Our vantage point is such though, that sometimes I think we maybe see more switching around than elsewhere in the stadium at track level - looking down on rather than across the riders. There were quite a few early heats when the riders were 3 abreast coming down the back straight. There was one with Hans early on that was awesome to watch with him cutting across repeatedly. Top drawer. all subjective I guess.

Nicki P was by far a cut above today though. Fair play to him. :approve:

Edited by rabbit

There were people requesting tickets when I went in at 2:15 so one would assume it was a sell out. As Steve says, the Grandstand was full and standing areas seemed to be 3 or 4 people deep all the way around. So, frankly, it's nonsense to say it was badly attended. I would think there was the full 5500 there and certainly not much less. The weather may have kept people away (althoug in reality, it was fine, but we weren't to know that before) but as far as I could tell, it was as good as full. It's a shame some people's comments are so obviously bitter - it really is a sad reflection on their personalities.

The racing today was terrible for the majority of the first half, BUT then it improved dramatically. It was a great meeting in the end, even though I didn't want Nicki to win it!

Thought the racing was pretty good all day. True what Rabbit said about the riders out of contention easing down, but overall it was pretty good stuff for the first meeting of the season.

As for not wanting NP to win it, well I was hoping Nicholls and certainly not Jonsson after his big $100,000 GP win. Never though Leigh would do it so fair that Pedersen won considering he was the best on show.

Trees, he was chuffed to bits. I think he said he was not happy about being frozen out of the UK in 2008, but it was hard to hear where I was sitting. Crowd gave him a very good ovation. No boos. In fact probably the best reception he has ever had at Poole.

It was one of the few bits I did hear today - Dave Lanning said it was a diabolical decision and was ranting and raving. He wanted to know if all four touched the tapes whether they'd be starting in the car park! ;)

Classic! :lol:

The guy is a gem and extremely quick witted and eloquent. We need Dave Lanning back on Sky TV commentating on the speedway immediately.

Nearly right.Crump moved,the ref held the start up,then BP touched the tapes.Crump moved by about a metre.

Got you. The ref never released the tapes and Bjarne touched them. Good call - 15 metre penalty.

Just looked back on those messages Fox, defo says 9 passes in 1st 8 heats.After that not much passing up to interval, when track was watered.After that some good racing though track was dusty, meeting generally good.Hope that sounds better buddy. :wink:

Edited by colincooke

Didn't see any dust coming up. Track did dry out but was watered regularly. No billowing clouds of the stuff.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

where's god when you need him. :wink:

........usually in the Referee's box, col. :rolleyes: