British Speedway Forum

Confirmed in yesterday's echo Adam Shields is riding in the meeting.

I've just booked online and checked out grandstand all sections to see what seats are available and estimate about 30% sold so far. :rolleyes:

looks like they are selling well so should get a full house

Emil Saifutdinov

Isn't that a kick in the guts for Poole's World Under 21 runner up (by one point lost in his first race against the Russian as he was off gate 4 ..............)

I'd get down to this meeting now. Apart from Cardiff, it's the only time your gonna see half the line up this year in Britain :lol:

I'd get down to this meeting now. Apart from Cardiff, it's the only time your gonna see half the line up this year in Britain :lol:

For a moment I was nearly tempted, but I think I'll wait 'til nearer the time. Out of the line up, surely it's only Nicki P and Greg Hancock, and possibly Scott Nicholls, that won't be riding in the UK this year ?

There's no way Scott won't be riding in the U.K. and hopefully it will still be with Coventry.

Greg and Nicki weren't going to be here next year anyway so we're not really missing any worthwhile riders.....yet. :wink:

Anyone remember the amount in the cheque for the winner of Poole's last "big one" about five years ago, the golden jubilee in honour of the Queen or something... Was it 7k £?

Edited by f-s-p

Golden Jubilee was indeed £7,000 to the winner and was won by Tony Rickardsson, 2nd Leigh Adams, 3rd Greg Hancock & 4th Gary Havelock

Golden Jubilee was indeed £7,000 to the winner and was won by Tony Rickardsson, 2nd Leigh Adams, 3rd Greg Hancock & 4th Gary Havelock

Thank you!

EDIT: actually it was 7500 £, just found it...

Edited by f-s-p

Does anyone know if there are child tickets for sale or is it £30 no matter how old you are. If so then it's too expensive for me as have three kids who'd want to go and £120 is a bit steep.

Does anyone know if there are child tickets for sale or is it £30 no matter how old you are. If so then it's too expensive for me as have three kids who'd want to go and £120 is a bit steep.

don't think they are doing special prices for kids.

:o No way!!! no kid discount that will count a few families out then :o

Just heard that ticket sales are going extremely well for this event. There have been quite a few riders who have contacted the club desperate for a place in the lineup, but it is very doubtful that any of the riders named in the 16 will pull out of this competition due to the chance of such a big prize.

If ticket sales continue as they have done up to Christmas, it is unlikely there will be many, if any tickets available on the day. For those thinking they can avoiid the booking fee by buying tickets at the stadium on the day, think again. The BIC are in charge of ticket sales and if there are any left, the BIC will be selling them at the stadium, together with their booking fee.

So common sense says buy them now and don't have the worry of missing out on the biggest race in speedway history!