British Speedway Forum

So common sense says buy them now and don't have the worry of missing out on the biggest race in speedway history!

Seen it :blink: Heat 15, 2006 Play-off final, Panthers v Reading - Ryan Sullivan & Hans Andersen 5-1 :D

Just heard that ticket sales are going extremely well for this event. There have been quite a few riders who have contacted the club desperate for a place in the lineup, but it is very doubtful that any of the riders named in the 16 will pull out of this competition due to the chance of such a big prize.

If ticket sales continue as they have done up to Christmas, it is unlikely there will be many, if any tickets available on the day. For those thinking they can avoiid the booking fee by buying tickets at the stadium on the day, think again. The BIC are in charge of ticket sales and if there are any left, the BIC will be selling them at the stadium, together with their booking fee.

So common sense says buy them now and don't have the worry of missing out on the biggest race in speedway history!

In other words the ticket sales are poor so they tell shovlar to go here and give it a plug .

In other words the ticket sales are poor so they tell shovlar to go here and give it a plug .

Ticket sales are good and the expenses have nearly been covered already.

Ticket sales are good and the expenses have nearly been covered already.

Thats why you feel the need to come on here and tell people to buy tickets for no reason .

The word is tickets have been slow up to now and there be will plenty left on the day .

Edited by orion

Thats why you feel the need to come on here and tell people to buy tickets for no reason .

The word is tickets have been slow up to now and there be will plenty left on the day .

Around a thousand sold I believe - less than a normal Elite League meeting!!

Was told the contract is between Poole speedway and the BIC who are selling the tickets. If the BIC sell them at the stadium, they will want their commission.

Ticket sales have been brisk, but obviously this is the quiet period between Christmas and New Year when people have other things on their minds. Probably what Orion meant by slow.

It costs £28,000 to put up the temp stands on the bends, plus £800 a week rental. Doubt there will be temp stands!

To counter the booking fee, Poole decided to give away free programs with every ticket.

They are really expenisve though!

£145 for 5 of us and they forgot to deliver ours so we had to go pick them up

Hope you got a postage refund from the BIC!

As for expensive, I disagree. I went to Bournemouth V Swindon FC yesterday and it cost £21 to get in plus a program on top. And not a star in sight, until it got dark. Third rate football and I felt ripped off afterwards.

Compare that to this meeting, with every speedway star in attendance, and you will see its good value indeed.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Just heard that ticket sales are going extremely well for this event. There have been quite a few riders who have contacted the club desperate for a place in the lineup, but it is very doubtful that any of the riders named in the 16 will pull out of this competition due to the chance of such a big prize.

If ticket sales continue as they have done up to Christmas, it is unlikely there will be many, if any tickets available on the day. For those thinking they can avoiid the booking fee by buying tickets at the stadium on the day, think again. The BIC are in charge of ticket sales and if there are any left, the BIC will be selling them at the stadium, together with their booking fee.

if its a sellout why keep on here telling people to buy tickets, saying its good value blah blah, its getting rather boring and vastly overpriced for the working class speedway fraternity.

Will stick to watching my Eastbourne Borough at £9.50 a ticket

Edited by Eastie

The matches I have missed at Poole since 1969 can be counted on one hand . But this ones way too rich for me . I dont mind paying for the Cardiff experience , but to sit in my regular seat for over £30 , NO THANK YOU . Before you say " thats not bad for that line up ", I`ve seen better line ups for regular admission money in the seemingly now defunct Poole blue riband . Reckon I`ll wait and buy the DVD .

They are expensive if your a 19 year old student!

As for expensive, I disagree. I went to Bournemouth V Swindon FC yesterday and it cost £21 to get in plus a program on top. And not a star in sight, until it got dark. Third rate football and I felt ripped off afterwards.

Just what was you expecting????? :blink:

Could have been worse could have gone to Auntie Marys to see Southhumpscum