British Speedway Forum

if this meeting Is off on Sunday is it wright that its on Monday night is this right

Expecting, and prepared for the backlash. :)

Not at all Kev. It's all been argued, debated since the event was announced and as far as I'm concerned at least, people have their own opinions and it's only going over old arguments. Those booking in advance are getting a £6 programme each so it depends on your point of view - if you're part of a party all wanting a programme you're actually a few quid in hand to pay the booking fee.

Personally, I prefer now to concentrate on the actual day itself, which as a Poole fan I'm looking forward to big time and more than any other individual meeting in a long time; and despite the best efforts of a few to belittle, or poo-poo the event I refuse at this point to be swayed from that as weather permitting it is lining up to be a great day with a huge crowd. :D

Edited by rabbit

I see Harry is your guest of honour,that should please Saint Rob :lol: .

I'v not read through this whole topic so can anyone post the reveised line up.

I'v not read through this whole topic so can anyone post the reveised line up.

Original lineup - Hancock + Sheilds.

Slav, no it is not televised.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Good news. No one wants a repeat of the ELRC a couple of seasons ago!

Where have you been Chris?

We were told weeks ago when we made that observation that we were trolling.........when will you learn that Poole are beyond critisisim? :wink:

But to be fair, it's not only the biggest prize in speedway (for a few months anyway), but also the biggest rip-off too!!!

For the record, I don't hope the meeting is rained off or spoilt in any way, but I really do hope the Poole promotion learn that speedway fans won't be ripped off for a meaningless meeting!!!

Expecting, and prepared for the backlash. :)

Sorry Kev, its been the winter and I forget about the Poole thing !!

Where I am struggling is why they have to outsource to BIC anyway. One reason and one reason only because BOTH parties can cream more money off the fans. I really don't accept the fact that other sports do it. That is not an excuse and not a reason to do it in our sport

Lets hope its not the sign of things to come. We all expect to be ripped off by BSI or whatever they are called now but not be our clubs.

Haven't been reading much here for a few weeks so missed the earlier debate about it, apologies for dragging up old ground

I'm not going so Judas Redknob is being spared some abuse

Personally I think selling tickets through BIC gives a certain amount of status and may also make it noticed by people on the BIC website. I don't see why every attempt by speedway clubs to do anything positive is always seen as ripping people off.

Personally I think selling tickets through BIC gives a certain amount of status and may also make it noticed by people on the BIC website. I don't see why every attempt by speedway clubs to do anything positive is always seen as ripping people off.

Its a sign of the times i think,it saves the promotion having to employ staff to sell tickets for a one off meeting and fans can but tickets 24/7, unfortunately it comes with a price as all company's need to make profits to stay in bussiness.

I've got my ticket and am looking forward to it. If you don't want to pay the money for a top event then don't. But don't moan about it...

I've got my ticket and am looking forward to it. If you don't want to pay the money for a top event then don't. But don't moan about it...

But then some people would never have anything to post about Saint Charlie :P;)

Change the word can't instead of won't . Some people who watch speedway with children don't have the choice glad to see that your alright thou :rolleyes: