British Speedway Forum

UNBELIEVABLE....

Harry 'The God' Redknapp is going to be in the great presence of myself. Amazing.If he doesn't ask me for his autograph, I may have to ask him for his.

Big thumbs up to the promotion for getting the best english manager in the UK.. :approve:

I'm not going so Judas Redknob is being spared some abuse

Why aren't you going.....too scared feeling out of place with people more successful than yourself. :lol:

Oh my God, you're going to be unbearable on Sunday now aren't you? :P:lol:

Oh yeah.... :lol:

I had the big black tuxedo and monicle for the ready of the meeting, but now it's going to be the shining glory of my Portsmouth FC shirt and my Sandbanks-Otter skin shorts.

Deep breath and calm... :unsure::approve:

Otterskin shorts? :blink: You're not going to be in some weird looking lederhosen are you? :unsure:

Harry 'The God' Redknapp

Saw him in a Sardinian restaurant the other week. Nearly threw up my zabaglione. :P:o:unsure:

Otterskin shorts? :blink: You're not going to be in some weird looking lederhosen are you? :unsure:

Well not real otterskin, but some of the northerners on this forum think we are well off southerners rabs with our lobster dinners from our coastal restaurants, so I just thought I would keep the trend going between you and me. :wink:

As for lederhosen, I thought that was a dutch chocolate cake

Personally I think selling tickets through BIC gives a certain amount of status and may also make it noticed by people on the BIC website. I don't see why every attempt by speedway clubs to do anything positive is always seen as ripping people off.

Hyderd says it is a sign of the times.I can just compare it to the recent indoor speedway/freestyle jump event.The tickets for this were available through a supermarket chain for €5 reduction! :approve: But i agree with what you say

Not sure what it is like back home now.But last week i went to buy a train ticket to Berlin.I was told it would cost €68 at the counter,but €58 at the automatic machine.Although when i eventually bought my cheaper ticket there was a €2 service charge :blink:

Who is Harry Rednapp?? :unsure:

is he a football manager who has never won anything??

Edited by Eastie

Sorry Kev, its been the winter and I forget about the Poole thing !!

Where I am struggling is why they have to outsource to BIC anyway. One reason and one reason only because BOTH parties can cream more money off the fans. I really don't accept the fact that other sports do it. That is not an excuse and not a reason to do it in our sport

Lets hope its not the sign of things to come. We all expect to be ripped off by BSI or whatever they are called now but not be our clubs.

Haven't been reading much here for a few weeks so missed the earlier debate about it, apologies for dragging up old ground

No need to apologise Chris. I was one who was lambasted for daring to criticise on this issue.Maybe it is a sign of the times like hyderd says but a £4 hike is far more than i've ever stoked up for a booking fee at Cardiff. They are creaming as you say no matter what anyone else says. As Kev says down in pirate- land they can do no wrong.Stiil not attending,but then my reasons are genuine.

Edited by colincooke

Personally I think selling tickets through BIC gives a certain amount of status and may also make it noticed by people on the BIC website. I don't see why every attempt by speedway clubs to do anything positive is always seen as ripping people off.

Wouldn't necessarily disagree Grachan but there is surely a question of who pays for this. I suspect in this case 100% of the cost goes to the punter. Not everything positive done by a club needs to lead to an increased price to the customer

Wouldn't necessarily disagree Grachan but there is surely a question of who pays for this. I suspect in this case 100% of the cost goes to the punter. Not everything positive done by a club needs to lead to an increased price to the customer

I suggest you read back through the thread. Matt has said because of the service charge the BIC are charging, people who book their tickets in advance GET A FREE PROGRAM, valued at £6. Those who don't buy in advance have to fork out for it. So buying in advance and paying the service charge saves you £2.

But I suppose you will moan now that the program is a rip off! :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve Shovlar

OH COME ON, Poole set a price, they have attracted a good field of riders and have put up a big amount to ensure the action should be very good. Can everybody stop moaning about it now. Fine, if you have got your ticket, then enjoy the meeting. Good luck to you if you are going on Sunday without one. Bad luck to others who have not got the opportunity to go for whatever reason.

Who is Harry Rednapp?? :unsure:

is he a football manager who has never won anything??

Obviously this Harry Rednapp you know, is no relation to the football manager Harry RedKnapp that I know who has won the Championship League title with Portsmouth.... :oops:

£6 for a programme? Would go without I think.

Whatever anyone says on here about the booking system its still one hell of a line up.