British Speedway Forum

Lets see another British club put on such a meeting. Then we can compare, as I would certainly attend it with such a field of riders.

And as certain as night follows day, your first post on arriving home would be to slag it off by saying it wasn't anywhere near as good as the Poole one :lol:

Although people have said Matt Ford won't be happy the prize money was shared, he's got the takings, and money is all that matters to promoters.

Ole Olsen can say what he likes to riders about the $200,000 that's on offer in the GP this year. There's nothing to stop a rider from making agreements with other riders behind the scenes.

Ole Olsen can say what he likes to riders about the $200,000 that's on offer in the GP this year. There's nothing to stop a rider from making agreements with other riders behind the scenes.

Trust me, if the riders subsequently make that known, the golem Olsen will grind their goolies to dust. It just wouldn't be worth the risk. You don't mess with Olsen.

Personally I couldn't care less whether there was 5 or 5000 people at yesterdays meeting but for those who are trying to make up a figure of 5000 try and think about it logically.

The stand holds 1100 - fact, if there was 1000 in the glass covered accommodation on the back straight - very unlikely as it only holds about 600, it means 3000 people were standing. Where were they? As has been stated by others there was just a single row of people on the third and fourth bend so where were 3000 people hiding themselves.

Do you know what a 5000 crowd looks like? There was around 5000 reported at Swindon for last years play off final and the place was packed out and that is at a much bigger stadium. There is no comparison between yesterdays meeting and the Swindon play off final crowd.

Take off the rose tinted glasses and accept that the crowd was around 3500 at best!

trying to slag off the biggest domestic meeting of the year. Unreal.

Well so far its the only domestic meeting of the year :lol::rolleyes:

There was certainly a queue when I posted it yesterday, and when I arrived at the stadium the queues were right across the car park from both entrances.

If people were worried about getting in they should do what any normally sane person would have done. Phone the stadium. It seems certain speedway fans have a lower IQ than the average person.

Talk about lack of intellengence and common sense from these people. :D

Yeh Right Steve,you call `em and there gonna say "oh dont come were full up?"

its the same when the weathers iffy, you call and they say its fine and when you get there its pissing down!!!!

Well so far its the only domestic meeting of the year :lol::rolleyes:

So, the meetings at Berwick and Newcastle (both places you've visited) don't count?

Did someone write that you could "throw a blanket" over the riders in second, third and fourth? Well, I guess you could. But you'd need a bloody big blanket.

First time I've seen that again. It was a pretty good race - AJ made a hell of a swoop around the outside of the 3rd and 4th bend to go from last to 2nd. I remember it being a good race from the little I saw - it's funny how most of the people whinging about being cheated etc are those who weren't even there!!

I reckon there were possbly around 4000 there to ne honest. It was heaving inside the glass granstand on the lower level, over 250 people upstairs in addition to those outside. It wasn't 5000 no, but it was certainly more than 3000. Too many people getting caught up on crowd numbers - it was a great day, a great occasion, and pretty much all those who went enjoyed themselves. That's the most important thing imo, not the exact number of people there.

So the crowd was between 4,000 and 5,500!!!!

Considering the build up for the meeting thats not a great crowd. I've been to league matches where the crowd was much bigger. And I'm sure both play off finals & the world cup final when Scotty blew it attracted around 6,000

So the crowd was between 4,000 and 5,500!!!!

Considering the build up for the meeting thats not a great crowd. I've been to league matches where the crowd was much bigger. And I'm sure both play off finals & the world cup final when Scotty blew it attracted around 6,000

There was 7,500 for the World Cup final at Poole Rob, your facts are wrong again,

the same as your facts are wrong about Harry, me thinks sour grapes, springs to mind!!.

I reckon there were possbly around 4000 there to ne honest. It was heaving inside the glass granstand on the lower level, over 250 people upstairs in addition to those outside. It wasn't 5000 no, but it was certainly more than 3000. Too many people getting caught up on crowd numbers - it was a great day, a great occasion, and pretty much all those who went enjoyed themselves. That's the most important thing imo, not the exact number of people there.

Rabbit - as usual it's left to yourself or Bob C to be the voice of reason. Incidentally, Bob reckoned around 4,000 when I saw him there yesterday - you two are a better judge than myself at Poole attendances, so around 4,000 it was. :wink:

Certainly puts those claiming that they were 5,500 there in their place. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

There was 7,500 for the World Cup final at Poole Rob, your facts are wrong again,

the same as your facts are wrong about Judas, me thinks sour grapes, springs to mind!!.

Post edited :wink:

Edited by Saint Rob

the same as your facts are wrong about Harry, me thinks sour grapes, springs to mind!!.

Surely not!!!

Saint Rob better be careful when Harry lifts up the FA Cup, if he is too near H will lift him by mistake :lol::lol::wink: