British Speedway Forum

Guest Schumi
Nice one.

So there you go - from the horses mouth so to speak.

Turned down Wolves and got turned down by Eastbourne.

So its even clearer - his pickiness cost him a place as much as the points limit.

Thanks for clearing that up Nicki. :approve:

That's not a quote from Nicki, it's an OPINION from the local rag. :rolleyes: And don't even get me started on your previous post.

1) Obviously not 2) as Nicki is the only one frozen out of british racing :rolleyes:

3) Quite what you are trying to do by bringing Nicholls into it i don't know, i have no interest in him whatsoever. :blink:

As i said, it's only a theory.

1) Thus making your point complete rubbish as ALL 4 agreed.

2) Smolinski, for starters :rolleyes:

3) Maybe if you did, you'd realise Scott was 1 of the 4 who agreed to split the money had he won.

I hope he's not in hot water because he was the one to speak out about the deception. The other three are equally to blame and should carry their fair share of any punishment.

Personally I'm not so bothered that they split the pot, but if Nicki is in hot water over it then I would agree. Easy scapegoat, though, isn't he, as he's not riding here anyway.

Nice one.

So there you go - from the horses mouth so to speak.

Turned down Wolves and got turned down by Eastbourne.

So its even clearer - his pickiness cost him a place as much as the points limit.

Thanks for clearing that up Nicki. :approve:

You've changed your tune, a couple of days ago it was his greediness that cost him a team place over here! :rolleyes:

Can't say I'd blame Pedersen for turning down Wolves. It's a monday night track and GP riders don't generally like riding regularly in the UK on a Monday due to GP & Polish commitments.

BTW - I wouldn't take any newspaper report as gospel, it states there were 5,500 people at Poole on Sunday and that's been quoted as being wrong by people who attended the meeting.

Guest Schumi
You've changed your tune, a couple of days ago it was his greediness that cost him a team place over here! :rolleyes:

THANK you. :approve::D

About the best post i have read from Steve Shovlar.I don't agree 100% with it,but it is nice to see an honest post without the crap :rolleyes:

couldnt agree more,steve was frank and to the point,i still play the final race back in my mind and think leigh adams part in this is a baffling.He has a very good image and this is going to tarnish it,why he agred to this being well off for money is beyond me,and then all riders shake each others hand at the end of the race,well that just taking the p..s out of me and everyone else there.

That's not a quote from Nicki, it's an OPINION from the local rag. And don't even get me started on your previous post.

So interviews with rags dont count?? :rolleyes:

Make your mind up Schumi as to what is believable or not. Or is it that only Schumi`s opinion is the right one :neutral:

You've changed your tune, a couple of days ago it was his greediness that cost him a team place over here!

Can't say I'd blame Pedersen for turning down Wolves. It's a monday night track and GP riders don't generally like riding regularly in the UK on a Monday due to GP & Polish commitments.

BTW - I wouldn't take any newspaper report as gospel, it states there were 5,500 people at Poole on Sunday and that's been quoted as being wrong by people who attended the meeting.

I havent changed my tune at all.

ALL ive said is that its not JUST that the points limit have forced him out. There are other factors and the interview is clearly stating that.

If you dont take interviews with newspapers seriously , are you asking folk not to be believe whats written in the Speedway star then too??

If you cant blame NP for turning down Wolves and Eastbourne for not wanting to use him then are you suggesting that somebody else should be put out of work to accomodate him now??

GP riders i would say dont mind riding in the UK on a monday at all as its a big chance they will be on SKY again - plus gives valuable exposure to them and there sponsors.

Like you say, Nicki dont want to ride in the UK mondays. HE therefore is missing out on being on SKY some mondays then isnt he??

He cant have it all his own way now surely?? :unsure:

THANK you.

Its only posts that disagree with you dont like :approve:

Guest Schumi
So interviews with rags dont count?? :rolleyes:

Make your mind up Schumi as to what is believable or not. Or is it that only Schumi`s opinion is the right one :neutral:

The bit you based your argument on - the one you stated "thanks for clearing that up Nicki" was NOT a quote from Nicki Pedersen, it was written by whoever wrote the article and probably based on their own speculation.

I havent changed my tune at all.

Yes you have. You started with:

it was partly his choice to miss iy by asking to much money.

I argued it was the points limit that pushed him out, not the money situation and you then changed your argument to:

Simplistically NP HAS been forced out by the reduction in averages . However his initial reluctance to do a full season and possibly asking for too much from the clubs that spoke to him (if any) and not wanting to come to Wolves meant the chance that he did have limited himself to the point that HE forced himself out!

(Note, in the first paragraph you changed your tune about the points limit being the factor and actually agreed with me.)

And then you agree with me definitively:

So YES the points limit forced him out.

But now you're saying:

ALL ive said is that its not JUST that the points limit have forced him out.

Its only posts that disagree with you dont like :approve:

No, I'm willing to discuss any issue, providing you're sure you know which issue you're actually arguing about. :blink: But I've said enough on this. You're going around in circles - one minute you agree with me, the next you change your point completely. There's no point discussing it further. You believe what you want to and I'll go with the truth.

4 days after the self proclaimed meeting of the century has finished and it's still causing a riot :rolleyes:

1) Thus making your point complete rubbish as ALL 4 agreed.

2) Smolinski, for starters :rolleyes:

3) Maybe if you did, you'd realise Scott was 1 of the 4 who agreed to split the money had he won.

I'm not sure we are on the same planet here !, what has Smolinski got to do with it ?, he wasn't in the race.

Amazing - now even Nicki Pedersens' tax return is being discussed!

If it's questioned that something improper took place, then there are 4 riders in the scenario.

I don't see anything wrong in this case.

Knowing those 4's rivalry & will to win, they'd race for nothing in order to prove who's No1 & I'm sure in the final race there was no quarter asked or given.

At the end of the day, did a genuine race take place?

IMO Speedway is no different from any other sport - open to dodgy deals, rule bending & a closed shop environment with no great accountability.

As long as that doesn't take the shine off your enjoyment - It's still great entertainment.

According to the Speedway Star site, Nicki could be in hot water for it.

Try to keep up-to-date Peter... :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

I don't give a toss about Nicki Pedersen's tax returns, but I do about the credibility of the sport, and whether they actual raced to win, the splitting of the prize money makes us look like Wrestling, where things are fixed how on earth can the sport get the National press interested in the sport when riders start doing this.

The Poole promotion billed this as £60k for 60 seconds, the biggest prize for a domestic meeting, a fantastic job at promoting and a fantastic idea, but I am sorry the 4 riders have spoilt it, by not following the winner takes all. I would be surprised if a Promoter tries to do what the Poole promotion.

I don't give a toss about Nicki Pedersen's tax returns, but I do about the credibility of the sport, and whether they actual raced to win, the splitting of the prize money makes us look like Wrestling, where things are fixed how on earth can the sport get the National press interested in the sport when riders start doing this.

The Poole promotion billed this as £60k for 60 seconds, the biggest prize for a domestic meeting, a fantastic job at promoting and a fantastic idea, but I am sorry the 4 riders have spoilt it, by not following the winner takes all. I would be surprised if a Promoter tries to do what the Poole promotion.

First of all, it was still £60k for 60 seconds, it just didn't all go to one person. Second, if you read the match press reports, which were written before news of the share out became public, they indicate that it was a genuine race, also compare the race time for the final with the preceeding races, that also indicates that it was run at a competitive pace. Personally I was not at the meeting, but how many of those who were, felt that it was not a genuine race BEFORE they heard about the share out of the cash? I personally doubt that riders of the calibre of Adams, AJ and Nicholls would give up the chance to make a point on track when they are racing against the world champion regardless of money, particularley when they are not going to be facing him much before the first grand prix. If Nicki had put it on his website that they had agreed after the race to share the cash it would have been a little mre tactful, but as he didn't, I would surmise that he didn't feel guilty of any wrong-doing. Personally, I don't like the winner take all set up anyway, does anyone seriously think that there would have been any less interest in a meeting featuring a great line-up like that as the first real meeting of the season, if there had been prizes for first, second and third, they could after all still have been offering £60k for 60 seconds of action?

Edited by Beeone