British Speedway Forum

First of all, it was still £60k for 60 seconds, it just didn't all go to one person. Second, if you read the match press reports, which were written before news of the share out became public, they indicate that it was a genuine race, also compare the race time for the final with the preceeding races, that also indicates that it was run at a competitive pace. Personally I was not at the meeting, but how many of those who were, felt that it was not a genuine race BEFORE they heard about the share out of the cash? I personally doubt that riders of the calibre of Adams, AJ and Nicholls would give up the chance to make a point on track when they are racing against the world champion regardless of money, particularley when they are not going to be facing him much before the first grand prix. If Nicki had put it on his website that they had agreed after the race to share the cash it would have been a little mre tactful, but as he didn't, I would surmise that he didn't feel guilty of any wrong-doing. Personally, I don't like the winner take all set up anyway, does anyone seriously think that there would have been any less interest in a meeting featuring a great line-up like that as the first real meeting of the season, if there had been prizes for first, second and third, they could after all still have been offering £60k for 60 seconds of action?

Okay I was not there too, and yes I have read the reports that say they did race to win the meeting, okay I believe all that, but the national press might not be so forgiving, the sport is just managing to get some a national press interested in the sport, I worry that this situation might have dampened their enthusiasm in the sport, and we need the press on our side.

The bit you based your argument on - the one you stated "thanks for clearing that up Nicki" was NOT a quote from Nicki Pedersen, it was written by whoever wrote the article and probably based on their own speculation.

Yes you have. You started with:

I argued it was the points limit that pushed him out, not the money situation and you then changed your argument to:

(Note, in the first paragraph you changed your tune about the points limit being the factor and actually agreed with me.)

And then you agree with me definitively:

But now you're saying:

No, I'm willing to discuss any issue, providing you're sure you know which issue you're actually arguing about. :blink: But I've said enough on this. You're going around in circles - one minute you agree with me, the next you change your point completely. There's no point discussing it further. You believe what you want to and I'll go with the truth.

To be fair Schumi your first point you have a point. As it wasnt quoted its possible that it is speculation. However given the alternative spin ive mentioned to what you have been told still leads me to believe it may or may not still be true.

Clever choice of quotes by the way to try back up your theory as being the only credible one.

Ive discussed in great details what ive heard , whats been written or speculated and why i have the opinion that i have now. As in there could be a combination of circumstances going on that saw Nicki NOT in British Speedway.

Im not gonna keep going over old ground with you Schumi but to me there could be a mixture of reduced points limit, pricing himself out the market (however i agree the proof now seems to suggest that they were just rumours and nothing more than), being left without a team (now that one IS down to Nicki). IF and as i dont know so IF Nicki turned down the only chance to ride here this year was for his parent club, the one that has most rights to him, and he turned them down or turned them down because he expected to go to Eastbourne then thats really nobody`s fault but Nicki`s. Choosing not wanting a full season initially as he has hinted at in the press and on SKY COULD also have played into his hands at the end of the year as i imagined but he may or may not have binned that idea with regards to him riding him here.

Again only Nicki knows thats so if you asked him THAT question then you could enlighten us Schumi.

Ive explained MY side at great length Schumi and think ive covered things and all my thoughts on the matter very well.

Your basing your TRUTH on what Nicki told you, and im basing part of my opinion on a truth that i was told.

So your right and im right.

You only want to believe ONE theory Schumi and wether you carry on debating it or not wont change anything.

I know what i know which ive discussed - you choose to give it no discussion at all which clearly says to me that you really only want to make it look like im changing my mind.

Ive given you ALL my thoughts and opinions on it.

Like you Schumi, ill continue doubting YOUR reason as its JUST the points limit that forced him out. Im sure YOU will just keep believing that.

Okay I was not there too, and yes I have read the reports that say they did race to win the meeting, okay I believe all that, but the national press might not be so forgiving, the sport is just managing to get some a national press interested in the sport, I worry that this situation might have dampened their enthusiasm in the sport, and we need the press on our side.

I would not argue against that, but I'm not sure how much interest the national press has at the moment, a small occasional column in the daily star is not exactly banket coverage. That said, I agree that we do need the press coverage if speedway is ever going to once again become anything like a major sport. As I said, it just needed a little more "tact" from whoever compiles Nicki's website, and al this fuss could have been avoided in the first place. I refuse to accept that the race was actually fixed, as I said, I feel these riders had too much to prove to do that.

I would not argue against that, but I'm not sure how much interest the national press has at the moment, a small occasional column in the daily star is not exactly banket coverage. That said, I agree that we do need the press coverage if speedway is ever going to once again become anything like a major sport. As I said, it just needed a little more "tact" from whoever compiles Nicki's website, and al this fuss could have been avoided in the first place. I refuse to accept that the race was actually fixed, as I said, I feel these riders had too much to prove to do that.

So it's ok as long as no one found out ? god we don't want any fuss over riders fixing races do we .

I did notice last season that the Daily Express was start a weekly column, so the interst was starting to trickle through.

Amazing - now even Nicki Pedersens' tax return is being discussed!

If it's questioned that something improper took place, then there are 4 riders in the scenario.

I don't see anything wrong in this case.

Well, being the person who brought up the point about tax returns, perhaps I had better explain my concerns.

Being self employed and VAT registered myself I know for absolute certain how difficult it would be to explain to HMRC the details of Sunday's deal, if I were in Nicki's position. Earned £60,000, banked £60,000, but gave away £45,000, so I don't feel I need to pay any taxation on £60,000, I just want to pay it on £15,000.... erm, I have a feeling that Mr Taxman would laugh in my face!

This does turn out to be quite important if you think about it.... As far as I can see the only correct way it could work would be if Nicki only banked £15,000 in the first place, and so did each of the other finalists... so how would that work... exactly?

Well, being the person who brought up the point about tax returns, perhaps I had better explain my concerns.

Being self employed and VAT registered myself I know for absolute certain how difficult it would be to explain to HMRC the details of Sunday's deal, if I were in Nicki's position. Earned £60,000, banked £60,000, but gave away £45,000, so I don't feel I need to pay any taxation on £60,000, I just want to pay it on £15,000.... erm, I have a feeling that Mr Taxman would laugh in my face!

This does turn out to be quite important if you think about it.... As far as I can see the only correct way it could work would be if Nicki only banked £15,000 in the first place, and so did each of the other finalists... so how would that work... exactly?

What have his tax returns got to do with anyone other than him?

well i was there and now the news has broke over the final race and just wished i was more focus on the pits beforehand!!!!!! ive gone over the rsce time and time again and as they are all class acts it doent take much for it to look like a race they are the top riders in the game,but i still cant get my head around scott and nickis bear hugs and pats from lee adams after the race,they just normally glance a nodding head and thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please someone get a copy of that to put on here

Seems that some of the posters on here think they know everything that goes on in speedway and riders' lives. Why people feel the need to know everything about a rider and his personal life or decisions is actually quite scary and rather sad.

Some of you talk to riders and maybe help them out, but they are not answerable to you. In fact many of the riders just tolerate you and tell you what you want to hear because it is in their interest. They are not going to be rude to you if you drive them to airports or accommodate them are they?

Yes you are entitled to debate on this forum, but most of what is discussed is laughable and what you don't realise is that most of the people who know what's really going on in the sport are laughing at the serial spouters of crap on this forum.

At least this is an outlet for some people and their obsessions..... Hysterical!!

Probably the most sensible post thats been written on this whole forum!

Still don't see what all the fuss is about.

Had to laugh at Speedway Star today as well. Nicki could be in trouble for giving money away, but nobody seems to be in any trouble for accepting it.

Just more mass hysteria in my opinion.

Had to laugh at Speedway Star today as well. Nicki could be in trouble for giving money away, but nobody seems to be in any trouble for accepting it.

Has Nicki given his £15000 away then?

Since the deal was done BEFORE the final he never had any more to give.

All 4 of them should be in bother if anything. The deal was done before the race, so the result was unknown. It could have been any one of them 'giving' the money away.

I would not argue against that, but I'm not sure how much interest the national press has at the moment,

Not sure what they have made of the story(if any) but I know of at least one person who has e-mailed all the tabloids with the story but as of yet has never had anything back

Rather sad if they're a fan Keith. Are they trying to bring bad publicity to the sport without knowing all the facts. I really do wonder about some people sometimes and how their brains tick.